DCS: F/A-18C Features Roadmap for Early Access

Kate Perederko

[...]

1. Flight model update

[...]

Will this include damage modelling or at least the effect of damage on the FM and FCS?

Damage modelling and especially FCS damage / FCS fallback is not even on the list.

I think this was an absolute basic feature for a combat simulator...

Will this include damage modelling or at least the effect of damage on the FM and FCS?

Damage modelling and especially FCS damage / FCS fallback is not even on the list.

Damage modeling has a core feature and has first implement on WW2 aircrafts, when is done, coming to modern aircrafts.

DCS: F/A-18C Hornet Features Roadmap 2020

Expected a Wags video detailing the AG Radar & SLAM ER, that is supposed to be coming on the 3rd.

Since we do not have that video, probably it is not coming tomorrow.

Just a couple of posts above yours Mrs Kate stated it is coming didn’t you read what she wrote?

I hope that you didn’t read :)

Otherwise yours is unnecessary controversy

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽 Meta Quest 3  🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, F-15EX Throttle, MFG Crosswinds v3, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

I am VERY GLAD to hear news about the new combined mission planning support. It sounds like it will address the issues I had with the first announcement, and it will be a benefit to as many modules as can be supported by it.

I understand this should no longer be considered a core "Hornet" feature, but that it will hopefully become a core part of DCS World. I understand I will be waiting a long time for this, but I am eager and anticipating the benefits of an investment such as this.

Thank you.

As much as I appreciate the opportunity given, I kinda wished that it wasn't in our "full" control...

Reasoning being the misinformation of a lot of people of the capabilities of the ground radar and moving other objectively more important features down the list.

Hopefully, after the initial release of the AG radar, people will be shook a bit and put back into reality about what the capabilities and use of the AG radar are.

Everything else is good, thanks for sharing and giving the opportunity.

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

As much as I appreciate the opportunity given, I kinda wished that it wasn't in our "full" control...

Reasoning being the misinformation of a lot of people of the capabilities of the ground radar and moving other objectively more important features down the list.

Hopefully, after the initial release of the AG radar, people will be shook a bit and put back into reality about what the capabilities and use of the AG radar are.

Everything else is good, thanks for sharing and giving the opportunity.

For air force plane,maybe,but AG radar can be usefull for anti ship

通过我的 V1955A 上的 Tapatalk发言

A-10C Warthog,Flaming Cliffs 3,F-16C VIPER,F/A-18C HORNET,Super Carrier,AV-8B Night Attack V/STOL,Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight,Black Shark 2,SA342 Gazelle,UH-1H Huey,Persian Gulf Map,Combined Arms

Intel i7-14700KF| Colorful iGame GeForce RTX 2070 AD Special OC GDDR6 8G | Acer PREDATOR 32g DDR5 6000MHZ | MSI PRO Z790A-MAX | Kingston KC3000 1T SSD M.2 | ST 12T HDD 7200RPM | AOC 2790PQU 27'' 4K |Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog PC

Damage modeling has a core feature and has first implement on WW2 aircrafts, when is done, coming to modern aircrafts.

Fair enough for the damage modelling, but damage related FCS fallback / reversion is more of a FM feature, i would think.

Even in the current state the hornets damage modell can trigger hydraulic and or electric power loss (if i'm not mistaken). FCS fallback could easily be simulated on top of that without the super fancy DM, which might easily take many years until it arrives for the jets...

Good to see there's an actual plan now. Let's make this happen!

I would also like to see a list of reported bugs / errors that are accepted by ED (locked sticky forum post or something) and that they are being worked on and what has been finished.

Looking on a forum for issues already reported (or not) is a pain in the but. Especially when bugs reported many months ago are way down the list but have yet to be resolved!

Do you folks at ED have such a list available to share?

Beste regards,

Stefan, HereThen

| I7 8700K 4.7 Ghz | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | 32Gb G.Skill DDR4 | Asus MAXIMUS X HERO | ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q | TrackIR5 | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | Thrustmaster TPR | Steelseries Apex PRO | Steelseries Aerox 3 | Steelseries Arctis WL Pro | MonsterTech table clamps |

If we get that list in 2020, I'll be a very happy camper! I would also like to ask if TAMMAC will be a feature of the full INS simulation, as I believe that mid-2000s Hornets had it.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

Just a couple of posts above yours Mrs Kate stated it is coming didn’t you read what she wrote?

I hope that you didn’t read :)

Otherwise yours is unnecessary controversy

Sorry Everybody, yeah I missed it.

But really expected Wags video regarding AG Radar & SLAM.

Rig - I7-9700K/GIGABYTE Z390D/RTX-2080 SUPER/32-GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE RAM/1-TB SSD

Mods - A10C / F18C / AV8B / Mig21 / Su33 / SC / F14B

Now this looks much more like a good release plan! Thank you!

"Я ошеломлён, но думаю об этом другими словами", - некий гражданин

Ноет котик, ноет кротик,

Ноет в небе самолетик,

Ноют клумбы и кусты -

Ноют все. Поной и ты.

Kate - you say the list for 2020 is long and the goal is tight.

Ok.

So what can yo tell us about changes being made internally inside ED that can give us *any* confidence that we won’t be in this exact situation in 2021 talking about ‘what was missed in 2020 that needs to be delivered in 2021, and of the things that should have been in 2021 we can live without’.

What, in fact, is different about this list than the list at release or last year?

Thank you Kate. I like that you have taken the lead on this, it was somehow needed. I think the navigation suite must be completed way much sooner than your plan suggests and hotas functions should be added first with no regard to the system being completed at 100%. If a hotas can do something let it do it, why delay it.

Stay safe

Like why is everyone thanking ED?

Haven't we went through this before like 2-3 times and what happened?

Although this comment is quite toxic and negative, I must admit it comes from a very true feeling that more than one have felt in the past. I think sometimes we forget we are customers and we give our money to ED in exchange of a product, sometimes a very flawed one. Kate: Won't you agree in saying that fixing first at least 50% of the huge bug list you have should come first? The hornet has suffered from this since day one: 1 thing gets implemented, that thing has 50 bugs, then another thing gets implemented, that thing has 50 bugs... and so on and so on. How does it end? Here, exactly where we are now, with a fair share of customers unsatisfied.

Stay safe

Thanks ED . . . great update.

Are there any plans to implement the Bank Angle Control (BAC) Option?

Would be nice to have the autopilot bank in the TAC mode will over targets.

Bank Angle Control (BAC) Option - Pressing the BAC option toggles between NAV and TAC Bank Limits (BLIM). These are used by the autopilot when banking the aircraft. NAV BLIM limits aircraft bank angle to 30°, while TAC BLIM limits bank angle to 60°. Note that the autopilot may not be able to maintain altitude consistently with TAC BLIM selected, depending on altitude.

Hornet-Auto-Pilot.png"]Hornet-Auto-Pilot.png[/url]

Not the highest priority, but would be on the "nice to have" list.

Thank you!

i7-7700K 4.20Ghz | GeForce GTX 1080Ti DUKE | ASUS Maximus IX Hero Z270 | Samsung 960 | Corsair CPU Cooler | G.SKILL 32GB | Oculus VR Rift | Saitek PRO Pedals & TM HOTAS Warthog Throttle & Joystick |

Genuine question since idk about programming. Is changing some value for the correct flare and chaff really that difficult task that you have to ask the community if its should be prioritize?

Think of it that way - if it were that simple they would've done it already.

Thanks for the update and please dwell on the positive stuff. I can’t understand why so many people complain about unfinished features in early access modules, for me, with so many modules and systems, I am happy to be drip fed features and still be able to enjoy learning and flying what we do have even if it is not feature complete....

Just look at Falcon 4 - 20 years later they are still polishing and releasing new features, how can people expect in a niche market like this for the huge number of system features to possibly be done so quickly? It lacks any understanding of the workload and time needed for a small business. ED are not Microsoft!!!

Love the product and keep on doing what you are doing.

Edited by markturner1960

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Virpil CM3 base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

Would be nice to have the autopilot bank in the TAC mode will over targets.

A/P over targets... sure, if it has an auto jinking mode combined with auto ECM and auto...

Oh wait, I should be thanking Kate in this thread not piling up on her list.