DCS: F/A-18C Features Roadmap for Early Access

Kate Perederko

On 9/16/2021 at 3:45 PM, Airhunter said:

When was the last time ED or Wags teased a new major Hornet feature or improvement? Quite a long time ago.

July was not quite a long time ago, by any standards. 

Its getting done, fixes are there, stuff moving forward. 

Example from 17/09:

• Fixed the crash in which user set failures can produce a high engine temp.
  • Added BDU-45 programme option in stores page.
  • Fixed the course line being off center when in DCNTR mode on the SA page.
  • Fixed LAU-116 weight when empty.
  • Fixed SIM mode reporting the wrong weapon when unboxed.
  • Fixed the carrier take off mission for the Persian Gulf map with Chinese text.
  • Fixed the throttle and stick animation from the external view.
  • Adjusted drag values of payloads.
  • Fixed JHMCS alignment result after head movement.
  • Fixed JHMCS alignment after helmet device change.
  • Fixed HMD page missing when hot/air started.
  • Fixed TIME UFC and ET on HUD.
  • Fixed JHMCS autostart, hot start.
  • Fixed AZ/EL tracking of the group, but the B-Sweep on the RDR ATTK does not.
  • Fixed return to a WACQ / VACQ / weapon change or lost lock radar can become stuck in the previous radar scan.
  • Fixed switch 3 on the ground power panel activates AIM-9 growl.
  • Fixed AI pilot hands animations.
  • Fixed JDAMs arming wire after release.
  • Refined engine response.
  • Added ammo mixes, M50/PGU working selection.

The update form 11/08 was a big one too, especially for AI Hornet FMs matching human AI. 

Edited by Gierasimov
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

On 9/16/2021 at 3:45 PM, Airhunter said:

Agreed - there is still a lot of unfinished and simply missing stuff in the Hornet. When was the last time ED or Wags teased a new major Hornet feature or improvement? Quite a long time ago. There are now 3 months left in this year and given the current pace I don't really see how the Hornet is going to leave EA this year. In the same fashion of other devs why should customers of the Hornet who have been patient for many years now suffer because of a rushed and terrible Viper release and EA plan? The F16 peeps can now wait and that's not their or the user's fault. 

And now they push the ww2 stuff that you can also fly in Il2... instead of finishing the things they sold. Poor customer relation that is imo. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Stratos said:

Fire bombs are needed for almost all modules, Napalm for US planes, Fuel Air bombs for the red planes and helis, etc.

Fire bombs has only a previous steep on the Napalf / FAE incendiary bombs.

On DCS have none implemented yet:

- AN-M69 Submunition, on E6R2 cluster adapter, a Napalm incendiary bomb.

- BIN-200, a Napalm incendiary bomb.

- Mk77, a Kerosene incendiary bomb.

- ODAB-500, a FAE incendiary bomb.

- ZAB-2.5 submunition, on RBK-250/-500 ZAB-2.5 with 3 configurations: A: Thermite, B: HE-Termite, 😄 thermite + jellied, with ignite when have release.

- ZAB-500, a High Expolsive (HE) White Phosphorus (WP) incendiary bomb.

The Napalm has a gelling agent plus gasoline or diesel.  USA and other West countries destroy your Napalm arsenals on 1990s. On fact, Soviet was ZB500 Napalm bombs, as china and north korea.

FAE on USA was CBU-55 / BLU-73A/B, CBU-72 / BLU-73/B, BLU-95 / BLU-96.

• Thanks 1

On 9/23/2021 at 10:13 PM, Silver_Dragon said:

TALDs, Firebombs, Datacars and Gen-X decoy require core implementation, and no have exclusive for Hornet.

?

That was not my question. My question was will we have it or not?

Datacard and MUMI page are very important systems for our Hornet, and they have been announced from years, but we still have a zero information of  working process of them...

Also, If we are talking about for "core implementation" how JF-17 has Datacard and other important systems from 2+ years?

Edited by VDV
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, VDV said:

?

That was not my question. My question was will we have it or not?

Those systems are very important for our Hornet, and they have been announced from years, and we still have a zero information of  working process of them...

Also, If we are talking about for "core implementation" how JF-17 has Datacard and other important systems from 2+ years?

3rd parties has build own codes, and dont touch the core, only to your modules. Meanwhiles ED go to implement on the core as a API to work on all modules as actually the radar, damage model, air to air missile, the future supercarrier funtionality and others APIs. The missile API has on process to implement by 3rd parties from ED core.

Datacard was show by Wags on a late video, but has not been release yet. Others has on progress and ED get info when that has done.

4 minutes ago, Silver_Dragon said:

3rd parties has build own codes, and dont touch the core, only to your modules. Meanwhiles ED go to implement on the core as a API to work on all modules as actually the radar, damage model, air to air missile, the future supercarrier funtionality and others APIs. The missile API has on process to implement by 3rd parties from ED core.

Datacard was show by Wags on a late video, but has not been release yet. Others has on progress and ED get info when that has done.

So ED has working on them, thats good. Where I can find that Wag`s video?

Thanks.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Silver_Dragon said:

DTC functionality was never shown in a video. Let's stick to facts here. 

@VDV We will eventually get it, but it's not exclusive to the Hornet. It's a core feature of the game (mission planner/ DTC)

• Like 1

20 hours ago, BioZ said:

We still don't have an opportunity to share ground target coordinates between F/A-18C flights. A-10C has had this feature since unmemorable times.

A-10C have SADL (Situational Awareness Data Link) datalink, F/A-18C has not been SADL, only Link 16, and actually, ED has none talk about how the F/A-18C share ground targets or if has capable to make them.

1 hour ago, Silver_Dragon said:

Wags post about DTC.

That looked more like an editor controlling what the default switch position is when you enter the cockpit, rather than a DTC and mission planning tool (which should be available via the ground crew menu, and not be in aircraft special settings), or in multiplayer, between choosing your aircraft and spawning it in.

What's also interesting is that Wags included bingo fuel setting, which is mission specific.

Edited by Northstar98
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/4/2021 at 11:35 PM, tech_op2000 said:

Honestly, I am impressed with how much of that road map the Hornet has gotten. It has received a lot of love the last few years!

Are you really impressed by something completely normal and expected, as they shoud do? Like there was another option...🤨

• Like 2

On 10/7/2021 at 5:13 AM, AKULA_OPTIMUS said:

Are you really impressed by something completely normal and expected, as they shoud do? Like there was another option...🤨

Yes, yes I am! In general I've seen a lot of game companies really drop the ball with their games. Like releases that are painfully broken, games that feel like total cash grabs (like locking content behind random loot boxes). Developers releasing pretty good games then completely stopping development. And that was common before the virus. After the start of Covid even more craziness from devs has been happening. 
I've never gotten the feeling from ED that they did something specifically to screw over their player base either for money or just because they didn't care. Sometimes things don't work out as planned and its frustrating but that's normal in game development, and I'm pretty sure most of the features we get frustrated about because they aren't completely polished yet, frustrate ED just as much or more. 
I've seen many early access games never live up to their hype or promises. I try to remind myself and others that you should only ever spend money on an early access product for exactly what is present the day you buy in and not spend money on promises. Then you can be pleasantly surprised when you do eventually get more than what you bought in for. And not be devastated when you don't get what was promised. 

• Like 3

Would it be possible to get an estimate on what to expect in next week's patch, for the Hornet? Or at least what is in active development and estimated to be delivered by the end of the year?

I want to emphasize that I'm just talking about estimates, not promises.

• Like 2

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

• ED Team
10 minutes ago, Harker said:

Would it be possible to get an estimate on what to expect in next week's patch, for the Hornet? Or at least what is in active development and estimated to be delivered by the end of the year?

I want to emphasize that I'm just talking about estimates, not promises.

No sorry on this occasion it is best to wait for the patch notes. 

thank you

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/14/2021 at 9:45 AM, raus said:

So, I do not want to complain, and I am very happy with the Hornet we have... however, I wonder if it is going to receive the final push it needs to leave the EA state, or if it is now indefinitely in back burner, with the viper and Apache being the priorities (what would be a shame, IMHO, as it is just in need of some details to be "finished").

As I see it, we are still waiting for

- Finishing the FM rework (ballooning, I am looking at you)

- MSI rework (and, hopefully, ability to make L&S from MSI tracks)

- Radar track duration not controlled by the aging of the bricks

- ACLS and approach mode ATC (honestly, could live without these until after EA)

- Radar/Jammer prioritization

- LOFT modes for JDAM... (could also live wihout these until after EA)

Of course, that is my humble opinion and expectation. I understand other priorities might make more sense to other people... just wanted to share my view on how little is remaining to leave EA in adecent state, and why is it so nerving seeing that it still remains at 95%

BR

Missing INS completion with and without GPS

Edited by gregfp66
  • Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

I think the roadmap should be updated, including now what is coming in 2022, as its difficult to think that everything promised for 2021 will make it before the end of year. 

The modern aircraft team has shifted to the viper and progress on the hornet is very very slow now, which is normal, and to be fair the hornet is in a great state already. But nonetheless and updated roadmap would be great, just to show transparency. 

• Like 3