DCS: F/A-18C Features Roadmap for Early Access

Kate Perederko

I guess a lot of the frustration comes from not understanding how priorities are set. For me that's the case at least. For example I don't understand why the now rather limited time of the remaining hornet devs is used to create the ACLS. Yes it would be nice to have, but in the bigger picture it's a rather secondary feature of the hornet. But It's being developed while primary features are still bugged. Some to a degree that makes them unusable (looking at you ground mapping radar). It would be nice to know how these things get their priority. I don't want to pretend that I know how software development works, but especially those radar bugs take some of the joy out of the hornet for me. And therefore i'd love to see a roadmap of the bug fixes, or at least get an update which point it is on the development list. I'm not saying you're not working on the bugfixes. I know you do. But for some major bugs it feels like they are here to stay. Which is not exactly great.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 7

2 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

he also mentions development will continue after early access ends.

« When development resources allow » 

since the devs have always something to do and a new module to work on ... do you Remember when we were told that the F-5 bugs will be fixed after the Hornet is done ?

• Like 18
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, Cathnan said:

I guess a lot of the frustration comes from not understanding how priorities are set. For me that's the case at least. For example I don't understand why the now rather limited time of the remaining hornet devs is used to create the ACLS. Yes it would be nice to have, but in the bigger picture it's a rather secondary feature of the hornet. But It's being developed while primary features are still bugged. Some to a degree that makes them unusable (looking at you ground mapping radar). It would be nice to know how these things get their priority. I don't want to pretend that I know how software development works, but especially those radar bugs take some of the joy out of the hornet for me. And therefore i'd love to see a roadmap of the bug fixes, or at least get an update which point it is on the development list. I'm not saying you're not working on the bugfixes. I know you do. But for some major bugs it feels like they are here to stay. Which is not exactly great.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Exactly. Who wants ACLS before fixing the radar? ED make a poll, do a research, read the forums, or anything but please you need to start listening and investing the valuable resources on things that matter and make the product better instead of leaving us with frustration and unusable product.

Do you really consider this a success? Maybe you do, maybe you don't, but please listen to us.

So many major bugs take away most of the joy of even launching DCS in windows.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Stay safe

• ED Team

Guys, I am not sure what you hope to accomplish, but if there is a bug that is not reported, then report it with tracks. If it is already reported it will be fixed, but all this complaining isnt doing anyone any good. Thanks.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

• Wags changed the title to DCS: F/A-18C Hornet Features Roadmap
  • NineLine locked this topic
  • Wags changed the title to DCS: F/A-18C Hornet Features Roadmap for Early Access
  • 3 months later...
  • NineLine changed the title to DCS: F/A-18C Features Roadmap for Early Access