DCS Edge 540

Ercoupe

Just tried this with some friends on my server and i couldn't get the thing to move at all on the ground. Tried 3 different spawns, no luck what so ever. Friends could take any of the planes and move no problem though....

Do you have version 1.1? It greatly improves the wheel brake situation.

Hey Moderators this should be sticky in the MODS forum per the other awesome released stand alone modules.

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png

Do you have version 1.1? It greatly improves the wheel brake situation.

It was the 1.1 version, and the same download even between me and friends (shared over local network).

Tried it again yesterday, same mission, and everything just worked. No idea why it didn't work the first day, maybe something got a little screwy in the bindings that got cleared on re-starting DCS? Very strange though. Flies great. :D

Hi! It seems that the EDGE 540 produces an error in the encyclopedia that does not allow it to load and keeps the blue windows wheel spinning, uninstall the module and the encyclopedia loads normally.

I5 8600K  - MSI 3070 - 32Gb DDR4  - 1 TB NVME - 1TB SSD - :joystick: TM Warthog

FC3 - Mirage - Hawk (RIP) - F5E - L39 - F14B -A4E C- UH1H - AV8BNA - F16C - FA-18C - Ka50- Apache-A10CII - MB339

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Firstly thanks ALOT for this beauty bird and the Edge 540 team in providing us with yet again a fantastic mod which is too good to be true.

I downloaded from the youtube link provided from Grinelli and super CAP, so everything loaded well except i cant figure out keyboard controls for if i want acceleration/deceration throtlle, rudder inputs, brakes or anything to do with keyboard bindings default.

i went to input to add these individually but maybe im doing it wrong, and in game it freezes any key binds even ESC or Pause if i use add keybinds manually in input folder.

How do i get complete keyboard binds in Input-Keyboard to fly the plane with keyboard?

Thanks for the 540 again. It looks and sounds beautiful, idk about flying unless we figure this out.. :)

Dav-Pak-BlackSpider

Currently, the Edge needs to be flown with Axis commands. Keyboard commands have to be internally coded to work, the user can not just add them in. The developers have seen this and will look into adding keyboard commands for more functions, but this may take a while.

Currently, the Edge needs to be flown with Axis commands. Keyboard commands have to be internally coded to work, the user can not just add them in. The developers have seen this and will look into adding keyboard commands for more functions, but this may take a while.

Oh snap. Jee thanks for the quickest reply, now i know why i cant just add simple things like throttle brakes rudder etc.

Thanks for looking into it. I saw it fly in AI and is brilliant. just want to fly this get a feel for her till i get back on my joystick later. Also basic key binds for throttle, brakes, flaps, etc would be a simple but great addition.

Cheers

Edited by DavPAKgriffins

Dav-Pak-BlackSpider

Hi guys

Im not sure if it has been reported but the 540 mod kills the encyclopedia in the mission editor.

It just crashes too a black screen if you have the mod installed. You have to shut down DCS via the task manager.

its been mentioned above. still waiting for an acknowledgement or suggested fix

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

cw1.png

This should be fixed in the latest 1.1 update, but the patch fix is in this post, see attached file: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4394071&postcount=34

PS: Just looked at the current 1.1 download and looks like the fix did NOT get put in yet. Will get with them to correct that situation. Just download the attached file from that post, place it into the directory indicated and should be good to go.

Edited by Shahdoh

After a house accident I've been heavily injured on my right knee and I had a surgery but since some days, I can seat again in front of my computer and I've tried your mod: A big thank !

CPU: I7-6700K 4Ghz, GC: nVidia GeForce Titan X Gigabytes, 32 Go DDR4, Motherboard: Gigabytes Z170X-Gaming 3. OS: W10-Family, 3 HD Samsung SSD 850 Pro 1TB + 1 Samsung SSD EVO 500 Gb. Oculus Rift CV1

I dont think 1.1 fixes the encyclopideia problem guys. Kinda annoying.

cw1.png

This should be fixed in the latest 1.1 update, but the patch fix is in this post, see attached file: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4394071&postcount=34

PS: Just looked at the current 1.1 download and looks like the fix did NOT get put in yet. Will get with them to correct that situation. Just download the attached file from that post, place it into the directory indicated and should be good to go.

I dont think 1.1 fixes the encyclopideia problem guys. Kinda annoying.

See Shahdoh's reply above. Not reading the forums? Kinda annoying.

Virtual Horsemen - Right Wing (P-51)  - 2008... 

Virtual Ultimate Fighters - Lead (P-47) - 2020...

Had not heard that one before. It is responsive to either/both Rudder and brake inputs. As a free mod, this will probably not be developed that much further. We have real world aerobatic pilots that have flown the the Edge mod, though it is not 100%, it is believable.

Working with him on this via our Discord. Possible missing Microsoft library issue. Investigating.

I've had that happen when I forgot to set the aircraft's skill to "Player" in the mission editor.

This may be my new favorite plane, but I have a possibly stupid question: When I clip a pylon in the instant action racing mission, I immediately die, versus just getting dq'd or assessed a penalty. Is this the intended behavior? I was under the impression the pylons are big inflatable balloon things in real life, so they won't damage the planes.

Regardless, this thing is awesome!

Regarding the pylons. It is not intended behavior, but is what it is due to mod item creation limitations. It is not possible to reliably track whether an aircraft hit a pylon if you make the pylon non-collidable. To get a true reading on if it was hit or not, they need to be collidable, unfortunately, there is no inbetween. Believe me, Grinnelli has tried for years for a better solution.

Some have tried to use trigger zones to detect if an aircraft hit a pylon or not. This has 2 problems. Number one problem, the aircraft is only seen as its central point (not the whole aircraft) when registering whether it is in the trigger zone or not. If you setup the zone for a wings level flight to hit the pylon, an aircraft flying past in knife edge would still trigger a hit when indeed it did not. Or if you set it up so a knife edge aircraft can pass by it ok, then the wings level aircraft can hit it without penalty. 2nd problem is that at the speeds the edge flies at, it can pass through the small pylon trigger area without registering it was in it.

So, we went with the option, that hitting a pylon is usually enough of a penalty, that it puts you out of the competitive range, so it just instant DNF's you instead. Though not preferred, it is 100% reliable in its accuracy (barring netcode issues) if the client makes contact with it.

• 5 months later...

Recently downloaded v1.1 from the VARS site and installed it. It shows up in DCS and I can start the training mission. However (1) pushing spacebar at the end of the first training voiceover does nothing and I can't advance, (2) I can't see anything in the cockpit. It's as if I'm looking at the exterior skin from the inside. Any thoughts? I did install it in the usual saved games location.

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

• 1 month later...