EDGE 340 Mod

I understand that in a combat simulator non collidable objects are probably not expected... well, I hope you will find a way; honestly I'm a noob at mission designing and I dobt that if you haven't found a way I will, otherwise I would surely help. I can't think about any object in DCS which are weaker than an aircraft; for instance if you wreck a jet on a carrier while landing the carrier won't be damaged at all (I think) but every collision with anything will damage the aircraft...

Planes: FC3, Spitfire, Harrier, F-14, F-18, MiG-21, Edge 540 - Helicopters: UH-1H, Mi-8 - Environments: Persian Gulf, Supercarrier

PC specs in the spoiler

I run DCS 2.7 using:

MasterWatt 550 semi-fanless and semi-modular, core i7-3770 (4 cores @ 3.8 GHz) with 8 GB DDR3, GTX1050 Ti (768 cores @ 1.8 GHz) with 4 GB GDDR5, 5.1 sound card, 240 GB SSD, Windows 8.1T.16000M FCS Flight Pack (i. e. stick+throttle+rudder pedals), opentrack head trakcer

No download link on the first page, but can get to Google drive download here: http://virtualairrace.com/edge-540-mod/

But quota exceeeeeeded

:(

Now t-h-a-t is called an anticlimax :)

Just have to wait patiently some more...

Edited by Mimes
More description

Kind regards,

Mimes

"Joined forum in 2004 but flying Flanker since 1995 :o)"

No, but if you are on the VARS Discord, let Grinnelli know and he will do what he can to rectify that.

Oh, cool. Thank you. We have (in Adelaide, SA) a public holiday today, God bless the Queen :) I was always wandering, if one does not read Woman's Day or New Idea, or similar high calibre magazine, what would having a Queen be good for. And - here we go - every year I am reminded that having a Queen (not the one with Freddy Mercury, but the real English one) is awesome 'cos i get to play DCS all day Monday :) :) :)

What an opportunity to fly this bird.

I got a step further now, it is approx 700 odd mb, and Google drive is now sipping the content in prep for download. Fingers and toes crossed.

Kind regards,

Mimes

"Joined forum in 2004 but flying Flanker since 1995 :o)"

Brakes are WIP. It is proving to be more difficult than expected.

As far as the steam install. That location is correct. Be sure that it is ONLY there. Some people have tried putting into the main install and it does not work from there, even if then also put the files in the right spot (2 places at once).

I downloaded the 540, but the only files for it were texture files. Nothing else.

Sounds like you downloaded the paintkit, which is a good thing to get ahold of, but will want to find the proper link to the Edge.

I do not have a current link to list as due to demand, it keeps overloading the bandwidth rates, but should be able to get a good link off the VARS discord. If not, let them know and Grinnelli will do what he can to correct it (yet again)..

Brakes are WIP. It is proving to be more difficult than expected.

As far as the steam install. That location is correct. Be sure that it is ONLY there. Some people have tried putting into the main install and it does not work from there, even if then also put the files in the right spot (2 places at once).

Tnx for the answer. Not a big deal, the aircraft is excellent. :thumbup:

Do not expect fairness.

The times of chivalry and fair competition are long gone.

WIP shot of my skin "Swiss Air Force History"

Parted by golden cracks you see the camouflage of Bf-109, EKW C-35, Mirage IIIRS, PC-7 and F/A-18C Hornet while in service with the Swiss Air Force.

The golden cracks are illuminated at Night ;-)

WIP2.thumb.jpg.5a99569b0e77585aeeea35a7d6fa3139.jpg

WIP1.thumb.jpg.2a6ab15c66d37b3e7fd393bfaedf27a7.jpg

WIP3.thumb.jpg.744f484fb4a1d6eb82a35633bf2a4767.jpg

Edited by CHSubZero

My Mods: DCS User Files

Modules owned: EVERY Module :pilotfly:

This is great guys! Loving it.

As soon as I figure out how to make it through 3 consecutive pylons, look out world:pilotfly:

T-16000M FCS | Track IR5 | Quest 2 | ASROCK Z370 | i7-8700k | GTX1080-OC | 32GB DDR4 | Windows 10 | OSX High Sierra for real work

Hack build

Soooo how to install this?

I unpacked to DCS root dir but no new plane. I tried activate with JSGME to no avail. I tried to unpack to saved games dir but also no new plane.

Kein Anderer als ein Jäger spürt,

Den Kampf und Sieg so konzentriert.

Das macht uns glücklich, stolz und froh,

Der Jägerei ein Horrido!

Soooo how to install this?

I unpacked to DCS root dir but no new plane. I tried activate with JSGME to no avail. I tried to unpack to saved games dir but also no new plane.

It should be unpacked to the saved game folder.

C:\Users\yourname\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Mods

but I still had the same issue and several others reported it too on discord. Usually when using DCS steam edition, but Im not sure that is the real reason. I worked around it by creating a fresh install/copy of DCS that is not steam. It worked then (even when sharing the saved game mod folder with the steam install).

I didnt go much further that that because this mod doesnt support force feedback joysticks which makes flying almost impossible for me.

It should be unpacked to the saved game folder.

C:\Users\yourname\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Mods

but I still had the same issue and several others reported it too on discord. Usually when using DCS steam edition, but Im not sure that is the real reason. I worked around it by creating a fresh install/copy of DCS that is not steam. It worked then (even when sharing the saved game mod folder with the steam install).

I didnt go much further that that because this mod doesnt support force feedback joysticks which makes flying almost impossible for me.

I deleted the first unpack to root directory and then it worked correctly. Really cool mod imo! Looking forward to some nice races! :)

Kein Anderer als ein Jäger spürt,

Den Kampf und Sieg so konzentriert.

Das macht uns glücklich, stolz und froh,

Der Jägerei ein Horrido!

Sry if I have missed some info somewhere - but what is the story with the brakes? They are jammed full-on while on the ground and I am unable to release them. Have mapped L&R Brake pedal axis to my usual rudder pedal brake axis - no effect (usual invert try etc). Mapped those two 'Brake On' buttons (whatever they do) and no effect. Looked for a Parking Brake control option - no luck.

At least I can just skid across the ground in a cloud of smoke till rotate. First time I d/l'd it the aircraft wouldn't move at all on the ground, and would porpoise and crash during the inflight Instant Action.

Poss download corruption again?

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Not having any problems with the brakes, the thing even taxies on idle. Well, one small problem-ish thing though: I wonder what does actually actuate these. There are literally no toe brakes in the cockpit, feels as if I was a unicorn embracing some magic icon_question.gif

Apart from that, in the cockpit, even at full power, the engine spits and splutters like in idle, just at a higher pitch... where is that "vroom" sound that can be heard in the trailer and GR video? It's there in the sound files, but I don't actually hear it in the sim twi-notbad.png

And it is very easy to fly, but I guess that's the thing's concept after all so the pilot can concentrate on pushing it to the limits. Absolutely no problems taking off or landing (except for the usual bouncing to the moon that I somehow can't get rid of in DCS taildraggers).

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Hi All.

To Eldur I also had issues when first installed, or so I thought, sorted when I realised there was an Axis for the prop, now got the hotrod rocking, just need to sort my crap piloting skills now, hope this helps.

Chilliblast, ASUS P8-Z77-V Pro, I7 3770K@3-5GHz, 16GB Corsair PC-3 12800 DDR3 @1600MHz, MSi GTX 1080 8GB, Creative SBZ, Logitech LT Z906 5.1, ASUS 24"Monitor 1080 60Hz,120GB SSD, 1TB SSD, 2TB HDD, 4TB HDD, Corsair CX 750W PSu, Win 10 Home Prem 64bit, TM Warthog, TM T Flight Pedals. Track IR, Occulus Rift S, Black Shark SA, DCS A-10C SA, All DCS Current Aircraft Modules, DCS 2.5 Stable and Beta.

Axis brakes work pretty well.

Unfortunately, the button assigned brake is being a bigger problem. they are still working on getting button assigned brake to have a proper effect.

Current suggestion is keep it slow, it is very responsive to the rudder on the ground and plan ahead and hopefully they will have the button brake issue resolved soon. It is high on their priority list.