Joystick + Throttle

I'm looking to buy a joystick and throttle (preferably together) and I was wondering what everyone else uses and if there's anything people would generally recommend?

I was thinking about getting the Saitek X52 Pro but mainly because I don't know of any thing else.

Any suggestions would be awesome.

Cheers

I have the reg X52. Its not to bad. Also their will be a addon to the throttle that you can put on as a colitive with some buttons.

Home built PC Win 10 Pro 64bit, MB ASUS Z170 WS, 6700K, EVGA 1080Ti Hybrid, 32GB DDR4 3200, Thermaltake 120x360 RAD, Custom built A-10C sim pit, TM WARTHOG HOTAS, Cougar MFD's, 3D printed UFC and Saitek rudders. HTC VIVE VR.

https://digitalcombatmercenaries.enjin.com/

The three main HOTAS systems seem to be:

X-52/X-52 pro

Thrustmaster Cougar

CH Products Fighterstick and Pro Throttle

If you're on a budget, the X-52 is the way to go. But if you're going pro, the Cougar and CH Products stuff are considered the 'enthusiast' equipment.

But don't ask which is better, it might end in tears! :P

For a HOTAS Setup...

Your choices:

HOTAS Manufacturers:

CH Products

Thrustmaster

Saitek

HOTAS Available:

CH Products FighterStick

CH Products CombatStick

CH Products FlightStick Pro

CH Products ProThrottle

HOTAS Cougar

Thrustmaster Top Gun Afterburner

Thrustmaster Afterburner II

Saitek X52 Flight Control System

Saitek X52 Pro Flight Controller System

But if you're looking for input as to what we fly, CH Products here.

Good Luck in your search

:joystick:

I also heard rumours about an addon collective from saitek, but have not found anything official yet. any idea when this might come out?

about the same time as DCS BS. I saw it on a youtube interview for DCS BS. I havent ben able to locate it agin. I am sure someone posted it on theas forums some where.

Home built PC Win 10 Pro 64bit, MB ASUS Z170 WS, 6700K, EVGA 1080Ti Hybrid, 32GB DDR4 3200, Thermaltake 120x360 RAD, Custom built A-10C sim pit, TM WARTHOG HOTAS, Cougar MFD's, 3D printed UFC and Saitek rudders. HTC VIVE VR.

https://digitalcombatmercenaries.enjin.com/

not at all...

I read in a review (http://firingsquad.com/hardware/ch_products_saitek_x52_review/) that the HOTAS Couger requires really big strong hand's to be able to use comfortably, does anyone have any comments about that?

The Cougar is not bad at all. It is a "manly" rig, but nothing to worry about. No, I can't palm a basketball.;)

The U.S. Congress is the best governing body that BIG money can buy. :cry:

about the same time as DCS BS. I saw it on a youtube interview for DCS BS. I havent ben able to locate it agin. I am sure someone posted it on theas forums some where.

not thinking of Urzes collective mod are you ? (uses a saitek gameman controller thing + some german cleverness, and will clip onto most Throtlles)..there should be ton's of links to it on here

Hi, helolovers!

I can imagine Saitek's future collective (hope they will add the X52 throttle's switches, sliders and rotators to it. Maybe with a grip rotator). I also hope they will develop a helo HOCAS with long shaft cyclic and collective lever. If not, I'll use my X52, of course.

I've thought about lengthening the stick shaft on X52. Has anyone had experience in DIY extending? Is it possible?

THX for help!

За всю историю никто и никогда не сумел завоевать Афганистан. Hикто и никогда

knowing what i know now, i would have bought cheap joysticks with a good programming software like saitek or thrustmaster (ch products on the expensive side) and modded them...i am about to mod out a pro throttle to MY SPEC.

Exactly my sentiment. Welcome to the club. :)

ED have been taking my money since 1995. :P

I have a mint Cougar system. Stick and Throttle both have the Hall sensor upgrade, and IJ NXT mod to the stick. Throttle has a Red Dog face plate. I will also throw in free a set of CH Pro Pedals that need a new analog cord. My cat chewed through the cord and pedals won’t work. You can have them or not. Also in this sale is a TIR 4 PRO. Not the LED version, but the newer reflector version. I increased the amount a little cause I'm adding the Cougar HOTAS covers also.

All of this equipment is mint, except the pedals. The reason I’m selling is I have a little child now, and I don’t have the time to fly, and I need the money. With all the mods and upgrades, all this equipment cost me over $900.00 USD. I’m willing to sell all for $500.00 and you pay for shipping and insurance if you want it. Payment is with paypal only. First come first serve.

Get with me here:

scotsue@comcast.net

awesome deal!!

I have a mint Cougar system. Stick and Throttle both have the Hall sensor upgrade, and IJ NXT mod to the stick. Throttle has a Red Dog face plate. I will also throw in free a set of CH Pro Pedals that need a new analog cord. My cat chewed through the cord and pedals won’t work. You can have them or not. Also in this sale is a TIR 4 PRO. Not the LED version, but the newer reflector version.

All of this equipment is mint, except the pedals. The reason I’m selling is I have a little child now, and I don’t have the time to fly, and I need the money. With all the mods and upgrades, all this equipment cost me over $900.00 USD. I’m willing to sell all for $475.00 or B/O, and you pay for shipping and insurance if you want it.

Get with me here:

scotsue@comcast.net

Man that's a great deal. I wish I'd known of it sooner. I now have two Cougars, and a set of Thrustmaster Elite rudder pedals, plus TIR-3. So I'm set. But to anyone interested, Scott's system is worth every penny and more. You'll never have to worry about the famous Cougar ills with that rig. I think a Cougar is just about perfect for Black Shark, LOMAC, and F4-AF. I even do pretty good with IL2. A Cougar makes you "man-up" because it's really beefy (no offense to the ladies), and it's programming features allow just about anything you can imagine. So someone show Scott some love, and $$.

Flyby out

The U.S. Congress is the best governing body that BIG money can buy. :cry:

Man that's a great deal. I wish I'd known of it sooner. I now have two Cougars, and a set of Thrustmaster Elite rudder pedals, plus TIR-3. So I'm set. But to anyone interested, Scott's system is worth every penny and more. You'll never have to worry about the famous Cougar ills with that rig. I think a Cougar is just about perfect for Black Shark, LOMAC, and F4-AF. I even do pretty good with IL2. A Cougar makes you "man-up" because it's really beefy (no offense to the ladies), and it's programming features allow just about anything you can imagine. So someone show Scott some love, and $$.

Flyby out

Thank you Flyby. Still up for sale guys. I've had a few inquiery's but no one commiting. In fact if I don't sell soon to this sim community here , it's going to eBay for much more. Thanks again for the support Flyby. This is a great deal.

Also for sale Lilliput 8" touch screen for simming.

I’m selling a Lilliput 8” color touch screen monitor. And even though technically used, I have only used this once to test it out, and never used it again. I first bought this for use in LO using Touch Buddy, and yes it does work great, but with a new daughter and going back to school, I have no time for flight simming any longer. So here is a practically new Lilliput touch screen monitor for only $200.00 B/O. This monitor cost around $269-$290.00 new anywhere else. contact me first, but paypal for payment.

Contact me here:

scotsue@comcast.net

I think these problems have been ironed out in the later releases. But I'm not certain. I haven't had any problems with this myself. But I do have the replacement aluminum speedbrake switch I ordered just in case but never used. I also have extra springs for the NXT just in case that I never used. I will throw in everything and all extra parts and accesories I have laying around. I'm offering this deal on this and other web pages only a few more days before I post this on eBay for much more money, so someone that's into simming better snap this up soon.