[TRACK FILE PLEASE] Radar issues- Loosing and not seeing targets (~60% of the times)

migaguiar

Hi,

Since the upgrade 2.5.6, in Multiplayer, I´m having issues with the F-16 Radar. Resuming, 60% of the time I can't see the targets (I'm not talking about data link, I´m talking about the white one's Radar targets) in front of me, and sometimes if I see them they pop in ou in out, and by luck, I get a bugged target and then STT. but even in STT it loses the target and the lock and reacquiring in needed (if they come up again!).

Antenna elevation is played and placed in the correct position and elevation in relation with target and me and my altitude and judged distance ;) , I tried changing the Bar from 6 to 4 and to 3, no success and also combined with Azimut (narrower), still no luck ... so in the end, last resort is entering in DGFT mode and then target comes up and locked, but you very close range and dead. (in DFGT mode no issues at all)

This occurs in RWS and also in TWS modes (I´ve tried both no difference in performance same issue)

There are several examples against an F18 head-on trying to find the target and no success finally visual contact and change to DGFT mode and kill! Other example is an enemy F16 target was picked in time trough TWS mode, I bugged it locked and placed in STT and at last moment target disappeared than I had to require in DGFT mode and I got a mutual kill, bandit and me.

I don't know if this issue was placed already, but just need to share it and release the frustration :).

the track file I could get is big and I cant attach, sorry but I don't know how to reduce it, by Zip still huge.

I agree with this since one of the recent updates. Not today's but the one before perhaps the radar performance has deteriorated significantly.

My personal observations have exactly matched yours and I've also seen this behaviour as well:

50% of the time on any type of target at any parameters you go to bug the target and the FCR drops one range level and the cursor flicks to the middle of the display. Incredibly annoying.

Sent from my IN2013 using Tapatalk

Unfortunately, I´m happy that's not only me! I thought that I was doing something wrong initially or missing something. I have a track file but is >100MB and I don't know how to cut it. But since this is happening all the times for sure is not difficult to simulate anytime.

This plane is the best for a dogfight and CAP A/A support, nonetheless not seeing the enemy that a major flaw that will frustrate anyone, and is happening with me, and then as the other users so well describe how come a target that is bugged, or even in STT (all radar energy focus to him only!!) be lost, and not adding any physical orthographic accident in front (like mountains) that prevents radar to have a direct beam into the target!! The reacquire of the target will make you DEAD!! on spot ! :(

I have 2 track files with examples .. the smallest file the last 3 kills are perfect 2 of them I could not detect the target and I played with antenna elev, bars azimuth etc nothing only by DGFT mode, the other was ok.

I can dump files in a link of dropbox and you can retrieve from there, let me know an email or something so I can edit the folder to be able to share with you.

Originally they are 100Mb and other 40Mb the zip doesn't help much ..