P-47 doesn't recognize throttle

My x52's throttle isn't being recognized and isn't moving the throttle in the P-47. The keyboard bindings and clicking and moving it with the mouse works just fine. Switching to the Tomcat and Hornet and it works fine. I have tried resetting the axis assignments back to default, still nada.

It works fine for me...

Double check that you assigned the correct control to the throttle axis, and see if in axis tune you can see it moving.

Try also to assign the same axis to another control to see if that works.

If all check fails, I suggest to upload your dcs.log file here so will be possible to see if something surface from there.

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

Figured it out.... First add on for me that didn't have the axis assigned to the throttle by default. Now I feel like an idiot for not checking that first before posting here. :)

NP it happens.

Happy to hear you solved...have fun

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

Still not working for me, the only Axis visible to map from the throttle is SLIDER1 so it's like the control page is not seeing my actual left and right throttles at all, all the other axis are visible, i.e. rudder, brake pedals and joystick X,Y...

Throttles working normally with Hornet..

Controls.thumb.png.fa67e039e5ac645293724192846110fe.png

Still not working for me, the only Axis visible to map from the throttle is SLIDER1 so it's like the control page is not seeing my actual left and right throttles at all, all the other axis are visible, i.e. rudder, brake pedals and joystick X,Y...

Throttles working normally with Hornet..

OK so sorted it now, the dialog doesn't recognise my throttle axis being moved like it does for all the other axis so I had to manually pick the correct axis for prop/throttle.

• 2 months later...

My Warthog throttle levers are not binding to the 47's RPM and Manifold Pressure (throttle) same as "hughesj2" complaint. Please describe steps to: 'manually pick the correct axis for prop/throttle'?

Thanks, florate

Edited by florate

• 2 months later...

Using Warthog HOTAS Throttle / Stick. The throttle is not coupled automatically, and reviewing the controls shows only Throttle Down, Throttle Friction DECREASE, Throttle Friction INCREASE and Throttle Up. There is no control option for an ANALOG Throttle. I'd set it manually if the option was there. Anyone have a solution to this?

• 1 month later...

have similar issue. I've been working my way through making bindings for the 51 and 47. neither is binded so far as i can tell, but the throttle on my gladiator NXT works for the 51 but not for the 47... without any action on my part.  The throttle does not show up as an input when i use it in the binding process for the throttle up/down in the engine controls. i'll check this  throttle axis ...

• 1 month later...

I ran into a similar issue with the "free trial" P-47. Could not get the throttle to work i.e. be recognized by my Saitek X52 HOTAS. Spent at least two days working on it until by sheer chance I unchecked the Game Flight Mode box (I'm a newbie!) in the Gameplay option, main option menu, and voila! the throttle worked.

Just one of several quirks I've tripped over in the past 4 days of getting acquainted with DCS. Love the sim aircraft and effects but did not plan on spending so much time getting it to work

Edited by l4t4rte