[FIXED] No instrument lighting and weird blue instrument reflections.

Airhunter

Looks like a global problem with lighting in the latest DCS, most cockpits have issues.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

Thanks guys, ED shifted something in the lighting again, we're currently trying to figure out a best course of action with them, as adjusting the lights to the state of which they were in at release, is a lot of work, and cannot be redone every patch. We hope that the tuning of lights will soon be over and we can revert everything back to normal. Thank you for your kind patience.

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Unfortunately this problem doesn't seem to have been fixed with the latest patch. Bummer, was hoping to fly some Viggen again.

Check the post below for more details.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4379441&postcount=1580

and also not by today's hotfix.

Not such a hot fix for Viggen pilots....

No, unfortunately not. Too bad, I was hoping to do some Viggen driving this weekend.

I can live with a somewhat slow update pace, but right now it feels like the module takes a turn for the worse with every update/fix/patch/hotfix/whatever.

The blueish instrument lighting was ok for me. Actually, I initally thought that it looked nice this way :)

However, what quite disturbing to me currently is that it's impossible to read the lighting for the afterburner stages or the autopilot ones.

Are you also working on fixing those?

iMac Retina 5K, 27-inch, i7 4 GHz, 32 GB RAM, AMD R9 M395X 4 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | Cougar MFD | MFG Crosswind | EDTracker Pro | Realteus ForceFeel

DCS World | Bf109 | Fw190 A8/D9 | P47 | P51 | Spitfire | I16 | C101 | L39 | F86F | MiG15 | MiG19 | MiG21 | FC3 | A10C | AJS37 | AV8BNA | F5 | F14 | F16 | F/A18 | M2000 | JF17 | Christen Eagle | Yak52 | SA342 | UH1H | Mi8 | Ka50 | Combined Arms | NS430 | Persian Gulf | Normandy | Channel | Syria | NTTR | WWII Assets

I don't think we should 'blame' the module in this case, HB didn't mess it up after all.

Yes, that seems correct. That's kind of a substantial dilemma for the third party developers.

I wonder if the third party devs are involved in the QA testing before a patch is released? Because the main bugs in the latest patches could most likely with ease have been spotted by my late grandmother. And I'd be pretty upset if my work as a third party was thrown under the bus, because of shoddy QA work. :smilewink:

Looks like it, which is sad to hear.

And since I'm one of the lucky guys where the BER bug has been fixed in the latest patches (and apart from the annoying lighting bug) I'm very happy with the state of the Viggen.

Fingers crossed that it's in the hotpatch in a few hours :P

Hotpatch? Am I missing something? I thought the next patch were to be released in about a month.

I still think the HUD is fairly hard to see through. There has been a quite noticeable reduction in transparency, which is quite annoying. I wouldn't call the lighting fixed at all, it's way better but not even close to what it was originally.