Custom cockpit photo?

Muttley8

Could anyone make the manual that comes with the P47D module available?

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

Could anyone make the manual that comes with the P47D module available?

Thor this varies slightly depending on where you have DCS installed and what branch you are using, but if you follow these file paths you can find the manuals for all the DCS modules.

I would upload it for you, but I don't have any way of hosting it as it's too big to upload directly to the forums.

This PC>*Drive where DCS is in stalled*>Program Files>DCS World OpenBeta>Mods>aircraft>*aircraft you are interested in*>Doc

"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Leonardo Da Vinci

"We are tied to the ocean. And when we go back to the sea, whether it is to sail or to watch - we are going back from whence we came."

John F. Kennedy

So a mod after all. OP wording seemed to suggest it was a native thing since ever :huh: .

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

But it is native :thumbup:
If you have to mod-ify the thing in order to use it I wouldn't call "native" despite the thing being there, but fine :lol: :thumbup: .

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

If you have to mod-ify the thing in order to use it I wouldn't call "native" despite the thing being there, but fine :lol: :thumbup: .

S!

If its default in the game with out downloading anything i wouldnt call it a "mod" :pilotfly:

Well, is it documented somewhere? Looks like I'm not the only one who didn't know about it at all.

Thanks for pointing out though, it's great to have such features pinkie-approved.png

There was a thread on the P-51 Discussions. You might have luck finding it over there.

One would have to check first if this old P-51 mod is still compatible with 2.5.6, as it predates the last Mustang cockpit overhaul.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Yeah not sure if its a mod or not its been in the game files since I've owned the Mustang but it works fine. I don't want to derail the thread but...

If that link didnt help here is how I got it to work in a quick way. it took me some tea leaf reading and black magic to wrap my mind around it the first time...its been a long time but this is how I recall doing it

I got it to work from the Saved Games folder after the 2.5.6 update by putting it in the Liveries (may to make one) folder then made a Cockpit_p51D-25-NA folder, made a folder called Default (because I am lazy and don't bother selecting it in game under custom cockpits). Then made a lua file that looked something like this (note: I use a pilot mod and used to use a cockpit mod so that part isn't necessary unless you do as well, so the 2nd line with cpt_photo is pertinent here)

livery =

{

{"p51d-cpt01", 0, "p51d-cpt01_mod", false};

{"p51d-cpt_photo",0,"MustangPinUp", false};

{"pilot_P51_SP1",0,"killercrowpilot1", false};

{"pilot_P51_SP2",0,"killercrowpilot2", false};

{"pilot_P51_kneeboard",0,"mfd3",true}; --dcs default

{"p51d-mirror", 0 ,"mirrors",true};--mirrors texture replacement with runtime rendered one

}

Then edit the file from the the Program Files DCS World OpenBeta>Mods>aircraft>p-51D>Cockpit>Textures>P-51D-CPT-Textures game tree named Mustang_photo (note so long as the file name in the lua match and the file name in the saved games folder you created match I believe it will work) and stick it in the Saved games folder that you created so that it passes integrity check for multiplayer and doesn't get wiped every update. See if that works for you, great feature to have and would love it for the Jug!

Screen_200605_115611.thumb.png.c4f2da8d70d2c1ae3662a0dc655c7551.png

Edited by Cool-Hand
clarity

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yeah not sure if its a mod or not its been in the game files since I've owned the Mustang but it works fine. I don't want to derail the thread but...

If that link didnt help here is how I got it to work in a quick way. it took me some tea leaf reading and black magic to wrap my mind around it the first time...its been a long time but this is how I recall doing it

I got it to work from the Saved Games folder after the 2.5.6 update by putting it in the Liveries (may to make one) folder then made a Cockpit_p51D-25-NA folder, made a folder called Default (because I am lazy and don't bother selecting it in game under custom cockpits). Then made a lua file that looked something like this (note: I use a pilot mod and used to use a cockpit mod so that part isn't necessary unless you do as well, so the 2nd line with cpt_photo is pertinent here)

livery =

{

{"p51d-cpt01", 0, "p51d-cpt01_mod", false};

{"p51d-cpt_photo",0,"MustangPinUp", false};

{"pilot_P51_SP1",0,"killercrowpilot1", false};

{"pilot_P51_SP2",0,"killercrowpilot2", false};

{"pilot_P51_kneeboard",0,"mfd3",true}; --dcs default

{"p51d-mirror", 0 ,"mirrors",true};--mirrors texture replacement with runtime rendered one

}

Then edit the file from the the Program Files DCS World OpenBeta>Mods>aircraft>p-51D>Cockpit>Textures>P-51D-CPT-Textures game tree named Mustang_photo (note so long as the file name in the lua match and the file name in the saved games folder you created match I believe it will work) and stick it in the Saved games folder that you created so that it passes integrity check for multiplayer and doesn't get wiped every update. See if that works for you, great feature to have and would love it for the Jug!

Thanks Got it working in saved games folder for P-51. Trying to get it to work with P-47

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I tried to get it to work in the P-51... all I came up with is that:

attachment.php?attachmentid=238926&stc=1&d=1591542464

But I guess that's due to me being a complete retard when it comes to making dds files. What are the prerequisites to achieve the photo actually showing up there when saving a dds from GIMP with the dds plugin? Absolutely don't understand any of the options there and probably just choose the wrong ones from a million of possible combinations (well, I just went ahead with default things, but let it generate mipmaps as I saw other dds for 1.5 had those)... icon_redface.gif

By the way, I tried looking at where there is a 1KB (probably 1x1px transparent texture) mustang_photo.dds file in the Jug folder structure, as in:

Mods\aircraft\P-47D-30\Cockpit\Textures\Cockpit_P-47D-30_Textures.zip

... but couldn't find anything that looks like the one in the 51. So probably it's not possible to mod a pic in there the same way. Would be great though if it was possible.

p51-cockpit-photo.jpg.d4aa4a331e5e426f7ecafb7db7451e8b.jpg

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

I tried to get it to work in the P-51... all I came up with is that:

attachment.php?attachmentid=238926&stc=1&d=1591542464

But I guess that's due to me being a complete retard when it comes to making dds files. What are the prerequisites to achieve the photo actually showing up there when saving a dds from GIMP with the dds plugin? Absolutely don't understand any of the options there and probably just choose the wrong ones from a million of possible combinations (well, I just went ahead with default things, but let it generate mipmaps as I saw other dds for 1.5 had those)... icon_redface.gif

By the way, I tried looking at where there is a 1KB (probably 1x1px transparent texture) mustang_photo.dds file in the Jug folder structure, as in:

Mods\aircraft\P-47D-30\Cockpit\Textures\Cockpit_P-47D-30_Textures.zip

... but couldn't find anything that looks like the one in the 51. So probably it's not possible to mod a pic in there the same way. Would be great though if it was possible.

Eldur I will help you on that. Let me take pic of folder structure and lua file. Be back in Hour. This will be in saved games folder. This is for P-51

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Look at pic and careful folder structure. Replace nurse with whatever your pic name is. Hope this helps. Working on the Jug to work. This is for P-51 in saved games folder.

livery =

{

{"pilot_P51_kneeboard",0,"mfd3",true};

{"p51d-cpt_photo", 0, "nurse_photo", false};

}

Capture.JPG.87e0f47c4e1b32188b7e400b5268a614.JPG

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Look at pic and careful folder structure. Replace nurse with whatever your pic name is. Hope this helps. Working on the Jug to work. This is for P-51 in saved games folder.

livery =

{

{"pilot_P51_kneeboard",0,"mfd3",true};

{"p51d-cpt_photo", 0, "nurse_photo", false};

}

Thanks a lot, that works now! ajmug.png

I was literally taking over the folder structure from the DCS files which didn't work so I tried putting that in as a mod in the DCS folder structure...

This just leaves one question now: What's the aspect ratio for that pic? I tried putting a 512x512 pic in there, but apparently I need to stretch it somehow to make it fit without looking weird. I figured out that your preview pic there is 3:4, so I'll just try that meanwhile fsgrin.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Thanks a lot, that works now! ajmug.png

I was literally taking over the folder structure from the DCS files which didn't work so I tried putting that in as a mod in the DCS folder structure...

This just leaves one question now: What's the aspect ratio for that pic? I tried putting a 512x512 pic in there, but apparently I need to stretch it somehow to make it fit without looking weird. I figured out that your preview pic there is 3:4, so I'll just try that meanwhile fsgrin.png

The width and size needs to be multiple of 4. Also in DDS format a DXT5 I think. . If you have trouble send it to me and I will size for you.

Mine was 800x600

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The width and size needs to be multiple of 4. Also in DDS format a DXT5 I think. . If you have trouble send it to me and I will size for you.

Mine was 800x600

Tried around a bit and found that aspect ratio of 2:3 actually is quite good, 4:3 looked a little squeezed. Since I found 600x900 to work quite well on the kneeboard without (or just very little) distortion, I just went for that here as well. Saved them with BC3 (DXT5), generated mipmaps with Lanczos filter. Works, looks good and the files aren't too big.

Fun thing about this is I also replaced the racetrack pics in the Edge 540 which just has been released the same way, there are some template files though so you wouldn't have to find out how not to stetch or squeeze the image.

Now if we could do this in the Jug as well... I begin to like my cockpits personalized fsgrin.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg