Channel Map FPS Question

Ercoupe

1 hour ago, HOKUM52 said:

Sorry to drag this one out of the depths. With the sale on im wondering to buy, but wanted to know if 1 year on has it been improved?

I like to fly VR when dogfighting, normandy atm is just about good enough to fly on .

Try it using a free trial. Its problably the oinly way you'll properly see if it suits you. The detail sliders for the structures work well on that map. you can knock em down to perheps 0.6 without a really noticable effect and gain a few fps lower down over built up areas. 

MSI Tomahawk X570 Mobo, Ryzen 5600X undervolted on Artic Freezer E34 Cooler, RTX3080 FE, 32GB (2x16GB Dual Ranked) GSkil 3600 CL16 Trident Neo RAM, 2X 4th Gen M2 SSDs, Corsair RM850x PSU, Lancool 215 Case. 

Gear: MFG Crosswinds, Warthog Throttle, Virpil T50CM gen 1 stick, TIR5, Cougar MFD (OOA), D-link H7/B powered USB 2.0 Hub all strapped to a butchered Wheel stand pro, Cushion to bang head on, wall to scream at.  

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, SaxonRaider said:

really interested in this map coming up in the lunar new year sale on steam. wondered how it would run if I have a 1650 Super and 16bg ram ? I normally get 50 fps on all other maps, even syria, just dips to around 45fps. Am i looking at less than 20fps here?

As I said immediately above - use the free trial if you can. 

If not - ifyou are happy with whatever Syria is running at setting wise, the channel hould be similar and possibly a little better. The scenery detail sliders have a greater effect on the Channel map and can still give you a decent looking image (not lego blocks as in syria) even as low as 0.6. That saves a few frames over build up areas. 

Edited by Boosterdog
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

MSI Tomahawk X570 Mobo, Ryzen 5600X undervolted on Artic Freezer E34 Cooler, RTX3080 FE, 32GB (2x16GB Dual Ranked) GSkil 3600 CL16 Trident Neo RAM, 2X 4th Gen M2 SSDs, Corsair RM850x PSU, Lancool 215 Case. 

Gear: MFG Crosswinds, Warthog Throttle, Virpil T50CM gen 1 stick, TIR5, Cougar MFD (OOA), D-link H7/B powered USB 2.0 Hub all strapped to a butchered Wheel stand pro, Cushion to bang head on, wall to scream at.  

22 hours ago, Boosterdog said:

As I said immediately above - use the free trial if you can. 

If not - ifyou are happy with whatever Syria is running at setting wise, the channel hould be similar and possibly a little better. The scenery detail sliders have a greater effect on the Channel map and can still give you a decent looking image (not lego blocks as in syria) even as low as 0.6. That saves a few frames over build up areas. 

Thanks, so basically, if its same performance as Syria, I'll be happy with that. If as you say it may be better than Syria. It's a must buy for me. Thanks for answering that, saved me downloading for 6 hours or so only to delete it again right after.

Cheers! 🙂

6 hours ago, SaxonRaider said:

Thanks, so basically, if its same performance as Syria, I'll be happy with that. If as you say it may be better than Syria. It's a must buy for me. Thanks for answering that, saved me downloading for 6 hours or so only to delete it again right after.

Cheers! 🙂

Id still try iy first if you have the opportunity TBH.  At firt Syria was all "oo and ahh" for me but its worn off. I think it can look more cartoony than the other maps  and, for all its detail, there are many, many areas where the map objects sit awkwardly onto top of the gradients of the terrain. If you fly jets, you should be ok.  If you spend your time lower and slower, as I do, perhaps not at much. 

• Like 1