Switch from Open Beta to Stable--How Large a Download?

Cerulean

I recently put the Open Beta version on my computer. I like the cutting edge feel of the sim like this, but I didn't know the regular downloads would be so huge. I live in a rural area and am on a limited data plan so I need to switch back to stable with its fewer, smaller downloads. Does anyone know how big the download would be to make the switch?

Hey there!

As long as I know it should be actually the same size. Since 2.5.6 stable is out now and just today/yesterday came a new patch for beta. But I could be wrong and maybe a veteran could help out and enlighten us. But I am pretty sure that the size is the same.

Cheers

I recently put the Open Beta version on my computer. I like the cutting edge feel of the sim like this, but I didn't know the regular downloads would be so huge. I live in a rural area and am on a limited data plan so I need to switch back to stable with its fewer, smaller downloads. Does anyone know how big the download would be to make the switch?

While there have been a lack of stable updates this year, that has not been the normal situation. More typical is that OB gets a patch one week and, if nothing game-breaking / significant is wrong with it, it will get transferred to stable the next week so the downloads will be roughly the same size (the OB might get a couple of hotfixes) and frequency.

Having said that, it easy to switch between the 2 versions either using command line options with the DCS updater or using SkateZilla's GUI updater utility (I am away from the computer at the moment so don't have the details for either to hand).

If you have not downloaded the newest patch then it will be a 0GB (or very small) download to switch from OB to stable. If you have downloaded the update the easiest thing to do is wait until the next stable release and swap at that point - with any update you have the option to not download and install it so can stick with what you currently have until next week at least to see whether stable gets the update.

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal