DCS Mi-8 is 7 years now, time for an update ?

On 12/6/2021 at 5:14 AM, Mordant said:

Personally, it just needs a basic AI, basic rework of fx, and for the love of god please please please add multicrew. I would gladly pay a fine sum to upgrade my Mi-8 for those kinds of upgrades.

I hope they increase head space for Track-IR/VR because it would be really cool to look outside the helicopter and would help a lot with cargo without needing to press the button. Also just needs it to feel more open. This is the one helicopter that desperately needs multicrew though. That's my #1 most wanted thing from ED. Not a new module, just Mi-8 multicrew support.

• Like 6

I happily pay for an update like the A10 but I fear the Hip, although deservng, is not as popular a model as the Hog or Shark for ED to consider doing such.  I remember thinking when the P51 got an update that ED had an agenda to push WW2 but, with the Hip, they got the Apache and Hind as poster girls. 

In a way though, I also like it being left alone. Change is not always for the best.  

• Like 3

MSI Tomahawk X570 Mobo, Ryzen 5600X undervolted on Artic Freezer E34 Cooler, RTX3080 FE, 32GB (2x16GB Dual Ranked) GSkil 3600 CL16 Trident Neo RAM, 2X 4th Gen M2 SSDs, Corsair RM850x PSU, Lancool 215 Case. 

Gear: MFG Crosswinds, Warthog Throttle, Virpil T50CM gen 1 stick, TIR5, Cougar MFD (OOA), D-link H7/B powered USB 2.0 Hub all strapped to a butchered Wheel stand pro, Cushion to bang head on, wall to scream at.  

even this topic itself is 1.5 years old lol

i don't think we will see an update any time soon (years)

• Like 1

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, gunterlund21 said:

you wouldnt have to switch seats in MP cuz you would have a teammate. 

If you don't have a friend, then you are in all alone in the cockpit without changing seats. Like f14

• Like 1

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

• 2 weeks later...

I don't have an Mi8 pilot friend and I want to ride it in MP servers. What is strange about this?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Youtube

3 hours ago, IcedVenom said:

Then get a friend lul or if you're playing with a single player, then play "singleplayer"

Current iteration of MP would prevent me to access some important functions of the Mi8.

I fly with Black Shark Den. Spent a lot of time training and developing skills to be able to do so as a profficient member of squadron.

Mission time, we have odd number of pilots. I drew a short straw and I am single pilot. Are you saying that I can't fly now? 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, admiki said:

Current iteration of MP would prevent me to access some important functions of the Mi8.

I fly with Black Shark Den. Spent a lot of time training and developing skills to be able to do so as a profficient member of squadron.

Mission time, we have odd number of pilots. I drew a short straw and I am single pilot. Are you saying that I can't fly now? 

You can fly no problem. Just look right. You can still access the panels. If that's too much then just fly Black Shark or Hind.

Edited by IcedVenom

3 minutes ago, IcedVenom said:

You can fly no problem. Just look right. You can still access the panels. If that's too much then just fly Black Shark or Hind.

Can you please record how you set 828 and Jadro radios, flare dispenser and DISS from left seat?

Edited by admiki
  • Like 6

15 hours ago, admiki said:

Can you please record how you set 828 and Jadro radios, flare dispenser and DISS from left seat?

Yeah it's called telling your copilot to do it for you because swapping back and forth between different seats in a 3-man helicopter all by yourself is totally realistic for a simulation which advertises itself for its realism. Go play single player and stop crying.

• Like 1

We get it: some users love multicrew and some don't, which means a per-aircraft "Disable multicrew" option would be welcome in the mission editor. There would be both multicrew and non-multicrew aircraft in a same MP mission and everyone would be happy.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

7 hours ago, IcedVenom said:

Yeah it's called telling your copilot to do it for you because swapping back and forth between different seats in a 3-man helicopter all by yourself is totally realistic for a simulation which advertises itself for its realism. Go play single player and stop crying.

Why is all you can do on this forum is to attack everyone that wants to fly his 2/3 crew plane/helicopter without a second human player? Why is it so hard for  you to understand that there are many people out there who whant to be able to fly alone or have nobody within their friends who would be interested in playing this niche game? Why is only YOUR solution the ultimate right and one and only solution that you are required to have a second human player in the cockpit?  And i'm not interested in a random dude on the internet to join my cockpit, had that once in an F-14 and after him ejecting after takeoff leaving me with a convertible, no thanks, i keep flying solo. 

And no, nobody will "go play single player" because of some pissed off, rude dude on the internet is telling them.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

8 hours ago, IcedVenom said:

How big are you on realism?

• Like 4

• ED Team

Hi all, 

this thread is done now. 

Please treat each other with respect. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2