[REPORTED] F-16 Issues After 6/3 Update

Rhayvn

On a positive note, the lighting is truly getting better and better :) I suspect the dim HUD problem to be a by-product of that. I can't stop looking at sunrises and sunsets <3

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

Unfortunatly, I confirm all of the above too :-/

But luckly, this is only on the Beta currently.

I guess they will (they have to at least) correct all of that before going to Stable version !

On the very last update from Beta to Stable, they broke basic stuff on the F-5E (unable to use taxi / landing lights now ...)

Anyway, remember that all your real flights / training / mission are to be played on the Stable version.

Beta exist only to find out bugs amongs the new features and help ED correct them ^^

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

EASA CPL IRME/SE PBN - FI / FE - Yak-52 F-WRYJ owner

6. Radar Elevation cursor does not show altitude change when moved (RWS)

7. Elevation cursor does not move in TWS.

These are really egregious for A/A combat. Please fix!

Secondary the Hud brightness/other brightness stuff on many other planes is variously broken.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Unfortunatly, I confirm all of the above too :-/

But luckly, this is only on the Beta currently.

I guess they will (they have to at least) correct all of that before going to Stable version !

On the very last update from Beta to Stable, they broke basic stuff on the F-5E (unable to use taxi / landing lights now ...)

Anyway, remember that all your real flights / training / mission are to be played on the Stable version.

Beta exist only to find out bugs amongs the new features and help ED correct them ^^

Yeah...but for every bug they fix it spawns another, then another and another. I accept its open beta and bugs are to be expected. It's clear and understood. However, how can they implement a feature and then break seemingly unrelated features, features that in my experience have never had problems with, as a result? I mean what does the HUD brightness or how the TPOD looks when using BHOT/WHOT have to do with waypoint creation. None I would assume and yet they're broken.

I can only assume that the fact its referred to as beta and not stable has given ED the impression that quality control on the initial release to OB isn't a problem when in fact it is. It's hard to find the bugs that really matter, the ones that actually break the game when silly little things like these are overlooked or not addressed.

Just my 2 cents. :)

AMD Ryzen 7 1700X @ 3.4GHz (Turbo's to 4.0GHz) ¦ x2 8GB Gskill Trident Z DDR4-3000 ¦EVGA GTX 1070 ¦ Asus prime X370-Pro ATX AM4 ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog ¦ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals ¦ Track IR

FC3 ¦ F5 ¦ M2000C ¦ AV8B ¦ A10C ¦ F18C ¦ F16C ¦ SA432 ¦ UH1H ¦ MI8 ¦ KA50 ¦ NEVADA ¦ CAUCASUS ¦ PERSIAN GULF ¦ NORMANDY ¦ Supercarrier |

Wish List:

RAF Tornado GR4

RAF CH-47 Chinook Mk6

RAF Hawker Typhoon (Warbird)

http://www.twitch.tv/uncappingbadger

Yeah...but for every bug they fix it spawns another, then another and another. I accept its open beta and bugs are to be expected. It's clear and understood. However, how can they implement a feature and then break seemingly unrelated features, features that in my experience have never had problems with, as a result? I mean what does the HUD brightness or how the TPOD looks when using BHOT/WHOT have to do with waypoint creation. None I would assume and yet they're broken.

I can only assume that the fact its referred to as beta and not stable has given ED the impression that quality control on the initial release to OB isn't a problem when in fact it is. It's hard to find the bugs that really matter, the ones that actually break the game when silly little things like these are overlooked or not addressed.

I deeplly agree with you ! I too don't understant how they can add so much new bug, unrelated to the new features :doh:

By the way, all of that mean that they need to change something inside their team, and as you sayed, first the developpers that really have to test initially a better way what they do, and then ED bêta tester to deeply understand the product. Maybe the bêta tester team is a young one.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

EASA CPL IRME/SE PBN - FI / FE - Yak-52 F-WRYJ owner

I guess their code is such a mess that they're swimming in a sea of lua spaghetti chasing the tail of the line. :pilotfly:

Banned by cunts.

apache01.png

The lighting and HUD brightness issues seem are also happening in other modules like the F-14.

I just hope they can hotfix the radar elevation first. Still, it is very strange that they managed to break these things by adding steerpoint creation and fixing the high speed wobbling.

I wonder when will ED explain these problems or simply apologize to us that they messed up this update.

I think never cause its every single major OB update that they fix or add one thing and break 3 things in the proces.

But i also think we cant complain to much since were playing the beta version...

It's not really about complaining because there are bugs on the Open Beta.

It's more about how such basic stuff is not spotted during basic testing. It's not like it's a bug appearing when you do a very specific set of actions in a specific set up. We are talking of stuff that you can notice easily when jumping on a instant action Air to Air mission and do basic flying.

It's more about how such basic stuff is not spotted during basic testing. It's not like it's a bug appearing when you do a very specific set of actions in a specific set up. We are talking of stuff that you can notice easily when jumping on a instant action Air to Air mission and do basic flying.

This.

The jet is now completely unusable. As per the bugs posted in this thread and this one:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=276475

without the tadpole the NAV mode is useless and you can't really plan an Air to ground mission.

With the dim HUD and blocked FCR you can't do air 2 air stuff.

Yep. And ED hasn't made any statement so far regarding this mess they made. Will there be a hotfix? Do we have to wait until they release the next OB update (which they will break more stuff)?

8. Lights for fuelage and tail, mixed.

Its issue since looong time and triggers me everytime :D. Small think but annoing, less than all above.

Great to know that F16 development aint slow down, with 3 devs making them, but list of broken things almost long as list of updates ;).

On a positive note, the lighting is truly getting better and better :) I suspect the dim HUD problem to be a by-product of that. I can't stop looking at sunrises and sunsets <3

lol. I guess with the things that are broken right now, the only way we can enjoy the Viper now is sightseeing.:pilotfly:

Does ED even look at the changes they've made before they release a patch? They should be embarrassed for putting out such crap.

I will make an assumption and say you are on OB?

Its a BETA patch, not stable, off course it will have bugs.

Talking about stabel in general in DCS is pointless. Something new is constantly being added, changes are being made ... How can one talk about stable in this constantly evolving environment ...?

DCS World needs the Panavia Tornado! Really!

I agree, but its this way already for years and people have complained about it for years. Nothing has changed. So i've just learned to accept it and wait for a patch.

Unflyable at all

I9-13900K 5.6Ghz / MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI/ 128Gb 6000MHz/ RTX 4090/ Asus RogXG279Q/ TM Hotas Warthog/ Saitek X65F/ ThrustMaster TPR Worldwide version/ TrackIR 5/ HP G2 / Logitech  G13. etc All Modules All Terrains