[REPORTED] F-16 Issues After 6/3 Update

Rhayvn

Wait... The GR are the "beta testers'?? You must be joking.. .

That...explains a lot :helpsmilie:

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Just another flight to see if there was a way to fix any of the bugs. The only thing I managed to get is the tadpole in NAV mode...but ONLY if the steerpoint is manually created or an existing one amended.

Grim reapers are the Viper beta testers? no frikkin way, I don't believe that.

The 23rd had to roll back to the previous version for the second time in as many months. The price we pay to live on the cutting edge I guess.

i9 9900k - GTX 2080 Ti - MSI Z87 GD65 Mobo - 64GB HyperX Predator RGB DDR4 3200MHz - Win10 64 bit - TM Warthog w FSSB R3 mod - TrackIr 5.

maybe....MAYBE....(this is all wishful thinking) the reason these systems broke is because they're trying to unscramble and clean up the code that makes up the F-16? this is ALL speculation, and I'm just being optimistic at this point. Perhaps there's a chance that they're trying to clean up a lot of code so it's easier to implement things in the future (without breaking what already exists) Though cleaning up code means that some things will break in the process. Some sort of analogy about breaking eggs to make an omelet or what have you? Since the f-16 is kind of back burner'd for the moment to get things out for the f-18, maybe they're trying to clean things up a bit to make future developments more streamlined and easier/faster to implement? IF that were the case, the shouldn't have released a broken system, that's still on them. but I'm still being hopeful.

why an update would break potentially unrelated systems, is beyond me. but there's a chance that somewhere in the code of everything, something is linking one system to another. All of these craft can't be easy to code for, with plenty of variables to deal with.

again. all speculation. but until then, the f-16 is broken. I love this jet and want so badly for it to be great, but I too experience all the issues mentioned above and feel like the only thing the f-16 is good for at the moment is flying at sunset to look at all the pretty vistas with fancy lighting, which looks awesome, by the by. I await the hot fix to remedy the situation. (I noticed in Wags' latest movie he conveniently used the CCRP to navigate to his steer point, and didn't try using the tadpole like you normally would on the HUD) let's hope they see the issues and get a quick fix out for this sucker!

Edited by breakneckPace

I totally Agree @ breakneckPace

i am Software QA engineer, i wonder which are the agile QA methods for ED software and especially for DCS F-16

What is their test plan

Test cases?

and "stable" open beta procedures.

Fixed items MUST I am telling again MUST stay fixed. OR no beta release!!!!

The F-16 is a more complicated module than others we have not seen anything yet and I speak that from 20 almost years experience F-16 software advisor- editor.

All we are here beta testers in order to help ED to create a realistic and cool F-16 Viper simulator

ED please does not disappoint us!!!

maybe....MAYBE....(this is all wishful thinking) the reason these systems broke is because they're trying to unscramble and clean up the code that makes up the F-16? this is ALL speculation, and I'm just being optimistic at this point. Perhaps there's a chance that they're trying to clean up a lot of code so it's easier to implement things in the future (without breaking what already exists) Though cleaning up code means that some things will break in the process. Some sort of analogy about breaking eggs to make an omelet or what have you? Since the f-16 is kind of back burner'd for the moment to get things out for the f-18, maybe they're trying to clean things up a bit to make future developments more streamlined and easier/faster to implement? IF that were the case, the shouldn't have released a broken system, that's still on them. but I'm still being hopeful.

why an update would break potentially unrelated systems, is beyond me. but there's a chance that somewhere in the code of everything, something is linking one system to another. All of these craft can't be easy to code for, with plenty of variables to deal with.

again. all speculation. but until then, the f-16 is broken. I love this jet and want so badly for it to be great, but I too experience all the issues mentioned above and feel like the only thing the f-16 is good for at the moment is flying at sunset to look at all the pretty vistas with fancy lighting, which looks awesome, by the by. I await the hot fix to remedy the situation. (I noticed in Wags' latest movie he conveniently used the CCRP to navigate to his steer point, and didn't try using the tadpole like you normally would on the HUD) let's hope they see the issues and get a quick fix out for this sucker!

Edited by Geraki

F-16 is their newest module built on technologies pioneered by the F-18. If they managed to build it into a spaghetti, then we are doomed. I'm sure the legacy core game code is a disaster and some of the older modules too. But this?

I don't understand how people see "beta" as an excuse to repeatedly break functionality that has been implemented months or years ago. A2A functionality in the F-16 has been steadily getting worse since 2.5.5. Even if there is not much active development of the F-16 it is hardly acceptable that the overall usability of the aircraft is going in negative direction. I can accept F-16 not being developed too much in favor of F-18 provided it has the currently existing features working as expected. But they do not and have not been, ACM modes are mostly bugged, and since 2.5.5 we've had plenty of additional bugs to only make it worse.

I applaud the datalink fix some patches ago but it has been the only major bugfix I've seen, however at the cost of multiple critical radar bugs that make A2A very difficult. I would have liked to fly on the weekend but with the elevation display bug this is certainly cancelled unless it gets hotfixed today.

Is CCRP broken now? It seems that lots of things a not working now.

I tried a few runs with a initial BVR/WVR A2A at STRP 1, followed by a CBU CCIP at STRP 2, then LGB in CCRP at STRP 3.

In DGFT mode, Bore sight seems to not want to lock anything.

CCRP seems to not be working at all.

Is anyone experiencing the same symptoms?

Banned by cunts.

apache01.png

Is CCRP broken now? It seems that lots of things a not working now.

I tried a few runs with a initial BVR/WVR A2A at STRP 1, followed by a CBU CCIP at STRP 2, then LGB in CCRP at STRP 3.

In DGFT mode, Bore sight seems to not want to lock anything.

Yes and it has been reported a while back.

F-16 is their newest module built on technologies pioneered by the F-18. If they managed to build it into a spaghetti, then we are doomed. I'm sure the legacy core game code is a disaster and some of the older modules too. But this?

I don't understand how people see "beta" as an excuse to repeatedly break functionality that has been implemented months or years ago.[...]

I can accept F-16 not being developed too much in favor of F-18 provided it has the currently existing features working as expected. But they do not and have not been, ACM modes are mostly bugged, and since 2.5.5 we've had plenty of additional bugs to only make it worse.

I do not know either. It's hard to see people defending this. I do not know any other software project that gets updates wrong so hard so consistently with so little transparency. (And I do count deleted forum posts as missing transparency as well and makes me consider changing to hoggit.)

I applaud the datalink fix some patches ago but it has been the only major bugfix I've seen, however at the cost of multiple critical radar bugs that make A2A very difficult. I would have liked to fly on the weekend but with the elevation display bug this is certainly cancelled unless it gets hotfixed today.

Yep.

And what I do wonder (and before I get this deleted again, this is not meant to ridicule anyone or whatnot, just from a software engineer point of view purely scientific):

If a patch like that for Wednesday is greenlit and can go live, what was wrong with today's hotfix that they did not greenlight it?

Lincoln said: “Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

Do not expect a reply to any questions, 30.06.2021 - Silenced by Nineline

Nope, works just fine here. I get a 100% hit rate on my GBU12s.

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

Even if one accepts the spurious argument that we, the paying customers, are in fact the alpha testers, it's still pretty embarrassing to release an alpha version that takes one step forward and three major steps back.

And no, I won't refer to the messes they frequently release as betas. Betas have already been bug-tested and had QA passes to fix major issues. ED's releases are alphas at best. Stable is more appropriately called a beta.

Temporary fixing STPTs, CCRP and HUD data problems

Hi,

I found that if you EDIT* a preset steer point,

it will 'fix' the CCRP and its HUD data and autopilot steering will work.

*In order to edit an existing STPT it's enough to re-type the longitude OR latitude coordinate in the DED.

Edited by alphap8

Also another bug is that, when you have entered a new steerpoint coordinates and then switch to TGP via CCRP, then you move the Sensor Point of Interest, the STPT coordinates are overwritten and lost. Normally this should be temporary movement and you should be able to restore the original location by using TMS down.

[CENTER]

Signum_Signatur.png

[/CENTER]

Also another bug is that, when you have entered a new steerpoint coordinates and then switch to TGP via CCRP, then you move the Sensor Point of Interest, the STPT coordinates are overwritten and lost. Normally this should be temporary movement and you should be able to restore the original location by using TMS down.

Funny that you mention that, I noticed my steerpoint coordinates changing randomly when I am doing CCRP/CCIP bombing practice. I wasn't sure if it's key binding or a bug.

So far:

1. HUD and HMD brightness is very low at max brightness. It's virtually impossible to see against light backgrounds.

2. Radar Antennae elevation controls do not work. Keyboard or bound.

3. New Steerpoints show HUD symbology and are usable by the autopilot. Preset steerpoints show no HUD symbology and are not steerable by the autopilot.

4. TGP designation vs CCRP target is ~100 yards offset. Point track on the TGP does not correspond to the actual ground targeted location for the CCRP cues. Possibly using the wrong altitude for the coordinates?

The 16 is FAR more broken than it was two hours ago. But hey, we can manually add steerpoints!!

Thanks for this update, I just spent 90 minutes wondering why my CCRP cue wasn't synched to the tpod.

4.8 I7, 1080, TMW&T, SSD, VKB MK.IV.

Bugs in a new Open Beta Release

After the latest patch I’m pissed. The F-16 is completely useless.

Yes I’m aware of early access but 6 months down the road neither the hornet or any other module was at such an unplayable state

You know it’s so bad both in bugs and features wise when the only update Mr Matt Wagner gives us f16 users is a video on how To add steerpoints.

Right now nothing on the F-16 works and The latest patch screwing up the f-16 with a million bugs is an INSULT to loyal customers.

The module was released last year in September and I hope ED is aware that it’s now June 2020 and NOTHING has been done for the viper. Based on this experience I will never order a module from ED on day one.

Edited by mig29smt_fulcrum

After the latest patch I’m pissed. The F-16 is completely useless.

Yes I’m aware of early access but 6 months down the road neither the hornet or any other module was at such an unplayable state

You know it’s so bad both in bugs and features wise when the only update Mr Matt Wagner gives us f16 users is a video on how To add steerpoints.

Right now nothing on the F-16 works and The latest patch screwing up the f-16 with a million bugs is an INSULT to loyal customers.

Its hilarious how many don't seem to understand the words Beta Test, or Eary Access,

tons of posts over the forums complaining on bugs in beta, what do you expect from beta test ofc it will be buggy...