[REPORTED] F-16 Issues After 6/3 Update

Rhayvn

Its hilarious how many don't seem to understand the words Beta Test, or Eary Access,

tons of posts over the forums complaining on bugs in beta, what do you expect from beta test ofc it will be buggy...

What is hilarious is the attitude of people like you who defend ED when they screwed up. For your info I’ve played ED sims from flanker 1.5 20 years ago and I’ve never once complained till now. I never had issues with the hornet at early access for example

This is not a beta test , I’m paying for early access which means I expect some kind of features To be present and not bugs galore

Have you even tried the targeting pod , read the HUD or use the radar after the latest patch ?

Compare this module to any other module and tell me whether it was at a worse state SIX MONTHS later . I had the hornet from day one and never felt short changed since every 2 weeks we got meaningful updates and features. For the viper we can look forward to reading the HUD again

You are acting like this module was just released.

Edited by mig29smt_fulcrum

Yes I have both in beta and stable, and I completely understand the reasons why is it in the state it is now, and I also know what I bought, it says when you buy it, early access + explanation of EA.

They don't have enough manpower to cover everything, the game is not played by millions so they have infinite funds, development takes time and resources which require money.

They have their priorities and they are communicating everything. The plan is on the forums for everyone to see and comment.

They are focusing on the hornet now and hornet is looking great atm,

After hornet they will focus the Viper, I'm talking about stable version, Beta has bugs but its beta so yea it has bugs.

Everything is explained, and you knew what you were giving your money for.

So why do you complain?

Freedom of speech?

Plus it is feedback for the devs.

Ok freedom of speech that's fine,

but do you think his whining is constructive or helps the devs? I cant seem to find any of his words even remotely helpful for the developers.

but do you think his whining is constructive or helps the devs? I cant seem to find any of his words even remotely helpful for the developers.

It shows the dev that not everyone supports the decision of this kind of EA, which I'd say is constructive.

After the latest patch I’m pissed. The F-16 is completely useless.

Yes I’m aware of early access but 6 months down the road neither the hornet or any other module was at such an unplayable state

You know it’s so bad both in bugs and features wise when the only update Mr Matt Wagner gives us f16 users is a video on how To add steerpoints.

Right now nothing on the F-16 works and The latest patch screwing up the f-16 with a million bugs is an INSULT to loyal customers.

The module was released last year in September and I hope ED is aware that it’s now June 2020 and NOTHING has been done for the viper. Based on this experience I will never order a module from ED on day one.

You're totally exaggering here. The F-16 is far from useless and even in its current state it is much more usefull than most other aircraft in DCS!

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I can only agree with these wise words.

This is not a beta test , I’m paying for early access which means I expect some kind of features To be present and not bugs galore[/Quote]

You are a beta tester in early access and Open Beta DCS. If not interested to be a beta tester, you are welcome to go Stable release.

And funny thing is that I have so special F-16 version, that is so different from yours that I can perform various kind missions and very well.

Be them a air to ground or air to air, and even many non-combat missions are possible to complete. And all without bugs...

Yes, lots of features are missing, but at least I know I have an early access module to fly and need to wait to get them implemented.

Last time when I fly falcon I did complete few different strike missions where I needed to fight my way in, and my way out as well.

So from your 9 total posts in this forum, you have spent 3 of them in this thread to accuse others from defending ED and being against you by denying your point of view....

So welcome to forum and all that, but it is time for you learn few things about what is "somekind features" and so on...

Edited by Fri13

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

You are a beta tester in early access and Open Beta DCS. If not interested to be a beta tester, you are welcome to go Stable release.

And funny thing is that I have so special F-16 version, that is so different from yours that I can perform various kind missions and very well.

Be them a air to ground or air to air, and even many non-combat missions are possible to complete. And all without bugs...

Yes, lots of features are missing, but at least I know I have an early access module to fly and need to wait to get them implemented.

Last time when I fly falcon I did complete few different strike missions where I needed to fight my way in, and my way out as well.

So from your 9 total posts in this forum, you have spent 3 of them in this thread to accuse others from defending ED and being against you by denying your point of view....

So welcome to forum and all that, but it is time for you learn few things about what is "somekind features" and so on...

Since you are lying so hard about the state of the F-16 it’s obvious you don’t even use it. Also how much did ED pay you to write such bs praising them ?

Have you tried using the targeting pod ? Have you tried using the HUD ? I guess no because your busy as your 4702 posts have been about praising ED like a dictator enjoys.

Here a stable user only, and early access of the F-16, mainly, F-18 now and then.

20 years on simulation, let's say hardcore simulation, or what it is, and I can tell you that DCS F16 is not usable, if you want to use it for proper simulation. Yes, you can drive her for a fancy ride over Hoover Dam, but nothing else. I don´t know which special version you got, but this one isn't for sure.

I'm not criticizing the EA model, just buy who wants. I know I won't buy anymore, but what ED have to take care, is the growing number of posts like this!

My own 2 cents;)

Just look at their Mini updates on the viper. ZERO features added in the last few months. Instead Matt gives us .... steerpoints which are bugged.No amount of ED fanboism will erase the fact that 6 months on I consider the F-16 a colossal waste of money specially compared to the F-14 or F-18 at early access

It was officially announced by ED that the F-16 would be put on the backburner until the F/A-18 is in a more advanced state (not sure if they said 'out of EA').

Its hilarious how many don't seem to understand the words Beta Test, or Eary Access,

tons of posts over the forums complaining on bugs in beta, what do you expect from beta test ofc it will be buggy...

It's also funny that you don't know about being a beta tester. A real beta tester doesn't have to pay for the content.

We aren't true beta testers. We have to pay for the plane and we know it won't have all the features of a released plane. However, what we do have is expected to work.

Buzz

It's also funny that you don't know about being a beta tester. A real beta tester doesn't have to pay for the content.

We aren't true beta testers. We have to pay for the plane and we know it won't have all the features of a released plane. However, what we do have is expected to work.

Open Beta, means Open for Public, when you download it you become a beta tester, ED needs public feedback that's why they do Open Beta,cause its better to have 10000 testers than to pay for 100, its just economy, you don't have to and no one is forcing you to play Open Beta.

Now you paid for the Early Access plane. You have early access plane in stable version and in beta version.

I know its hard but try to understand that EA has nothing to do with beta or stable.

Let me try to explain with numbers. so you have a EA plane that is 2/10 in stable, but 4/10 in Beta, so those 2 on stable are released, and those 2 extra on beta are being tested hence the bugs.

Cause beta is not finished version, its the buggy version that needs testing. So the stuff that works is in stable, but still in EA so not complete with all the features. Features will come, they said that so many times... hornet first then viper.

That is hilarious really how you cant distinguish between the two.

• ED Team
After the latest patch I’m pissed. The F-16 is completely useless.

Yes I’m aware of early access but 6 months down the road neither the hornet or any other module was at such an unplayable state

You know it’s so bad both in bugs and features wise when the only update Mr Matt Wagner gives us f16 users is a video on how To add steerpoints.

Right now nothing on the F-16 works and The latest patch screwing up the f-16 with a million bugs is an INSULT to loyal customers.

The module was released last year in September and I hope ED is aware that it’s now June 2020 and NOTHING has been done for the viper. Based on this experience I will never order a module from ED on day one.

Hi

sorry you are upset, and know we are working on the problem.

Please also know this is early access and it will take a lot of time to complete, also understand that the open beta is a public testing build.

We use the open beta to find problems before they get to the stable version, user reports are crucial for that.

We understand early access does not suit everyone, and it can be frustrating during development, but know we are grateful for your support.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

No one is forcing you to pay for anything and you are not expected to work. You didn't sign any papers. You can choose to help by reporting bugs or just use the module as it is and follow the development. Next time just wait until the product is finished and by then you can decide if it's worth your money or not.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64, Asus Maximus VIII Formula, i5 6600K, Geforce 980 GTX Ti, 32 GB Ram, Samsung EVO SSD.

What is sort of "hilarious" is how you and you pals just love to blow smoke over any complaint instead of being outside the forum enjoying your favorite module. What we "expect" is not to get glaring in your face new faults with a patch. You do not need the wider public (customers) to identify such things.

Windows 7/10 64bit, Intel i7-4770K 3.9GHZ, 32 GB Ram, Gforce GTX 1080Ti, 11GB GDDR5 Valve Index. Force IPD 63 (for the F-16)

Hi

sorry you are upset, and know we are working on the problem.

Please also know this is early access and it will take a lot of time to complete, also understand that the open beta is a public testing build.

We use the open beta to find problems before they get to the stable version, user reports are crucial for that.

We understand early access does not suit everyone, and it can be frustrating during development, but know we are grateful for your support.

thanks

I think what upsets people (like myself) is paying full price for a piece of DLC which cost more than a full AAA title.

Then, to have slow process, that is not so much of an issue, but to have things which were in the past, working, then broken and most importantly, clearly broken and known to be broken, (wag's video on new stearpoints clearly shows the hud is not legible above the horizon). To have that released, knowing to be in that state, makes those who have paid their money feel like they were taken advantage of.

Beta tester may be "optional" but when ED and some online groups have an agreement where they are obliged to use the open beta, well it pretty much means it is no longer so optional as we need to be running open beta to fly with them, or should we also spend MORE money on SSD's so we fill them with different versions?

Edited by ceecrb1

Beta tester may be "optional" but when ED and some online groups have an agreement where they are obliged to use the open beta, well it pretty much means it is no longer so optional as we need to be running open beta to fly with them, or should we also spend MORE money on SSD's so we fill them with different versions?

You don't need different installations of DCS, you can switch your one and only DCS installation between stable and open beta. All it takes is some download time when switching.

Also, any choices made among online groups to use the open beta is totally up to them. They could also choose the release version. To be honest, it totally puts me off that popular servers like Blue Flag or CW 1947-1991 chose to use the open beta. Why? Because everybody wants to have the latest toys as soon as possible - but of course without the bugs that need to be cut out in the open beta process, and that demand is not going to work. Beta is beta. Maybe at one point the community fully understands this and settles to use the stable version with online flying.

So again, use the stable version, and all the recent bugs you complain about are gone with the F-16.

Also, any choices made among online groups to use the open beta is totally up to them.

Wrong.

I personally heard a high up member of one of the groups (will not publicly name them as it's not their fight) state that due to the terms of "the agreement" with ED, they were obliged to use the current open beta version.

(Who knows what that agreement is, it was not discussed).

This was while the whole group was debating if all their servers should be rolled back to 2.5.5 to actually be able to fly some missions.

Or have you forgotten what happened a few months ago when 2.5.6 was so unstable that servers were crashing many times a day?

Its hilarious how many times you continue to pop in and say it.

People expect playability in a product they pay for. Not broken promises.