LTD/R switch to safe after release a bomb

flankerjun

when I release a second bomb,i need to put the switch to arm again,and press trig on the DDI,it that a bug?

A-10C Warthog,Flaming Cliffs 3,F-16C VIPER,F/A-18C HORNET,Super Carrier,AV-8B Night Attack V/STOL,Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight,Black Shark 2,SA342 Gazelle,UH-1H Huey,Persian Gulf Map,Combined Arms

Intel i7-14700KF| Colorful iGame GeForce RTX 2070 AD Special OC GDDR6 8G | Acer PREDATOR 32g DDR5 6000MHZ | MSI PRO Z790A-MAX | Kingston KC3000 1T SSD M.2 | ST 12T HDD 7200RPM | AOC 2790PQU 27'' 4K |Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog PC

Not a bug. It seems to be the new norm. To keep the laser unit safe and not accidentally hitting friendly folks down there in real life. That has recently passed on to our virtual Hornet.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

Does that include all weapons? I haven’t tried it using Mavericks. LGBs it works great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Win 10, AMD FX9590/water cooled, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD system, 1TB SSD (DCS installed), 2TB HD, Warthog HOTAS, MFG rudders, Track IR 5, LG Ultrawide, Logitech Speakers w/sub, Fans, Case, cell phone, wallet, keys.....printer

Yep mavericks work aswell. iirc you uncage the mav then hold down the pickle button, the MC does the rest.

And when uncaging happens automatically when you just switch to DDI that has the MAV visible the seeker sleeves nicely automatically to designation and you can only just launch it.

But all these fancy automatic features don't really fix that annoying LTD/R switch turning Off automatically, even middle of the designation for maverick or bomb.

Made a launch at about 6 nmi range of the target, flipping laser On just before launch, and just about 10 seconds before impact the switch went off and maverick was lost.

I don't know who had this great idea to turn laser off for "safety reasons", as IMHO the pilot should be responsible for that. So you can keep the laser On but not firing until you press trigger or it goes automatically.

First time when tested it today I completely forgot the automatic feature, and dropped first couple bombs without designation as I was so custom to set it On, box the TRGR and be ready to roll multiple times.

So IMHO a unnecessary safety feature that just makes you fight against a clock that you turn it On just before you are ready to release weapon.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

So IMHO a unnecessary safety feature that just makes you fight against a clock that you turn it On just before you are ready to release weapon.

Then I advise you to write a strongly worded letter to McDonald Douglas/Boeing.

I haven't personally seen it turn off mid way through a lase before, but I have only be doing the autolase since it was added.

476th Discord   |    476th Website    |    Swift Youtube
Ryzen 5800x, RTX 4070ti, 64GB, Quest 2

Then I advise you to write a strongly worded letter to McDonald Douglas/Boeing.

I haven't personally seen it turn off mid way through a lase before, but I have only be doing the autolase since it was added.

I try many times tonight,only 50% chance to hit a moving target,but 100% for fixed target,i found that the laser switch off automatically before the bomb hit the target.

For a fixed target,the TTI went to zero when the bomb hit the target,but for a moving target,the bomb will fly more time,but the laser switch off as the same time as the fixed target.

通过我的 V1955A 上的 Tapatalk发言

A-10C Warthog,Flaming Cliffs 3,F-16C VIPER,F/A-18C HORNET,Super Carrier,AV-8B Night Attack V/STOL,Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight,Black Shark 2,SA342 Gazelle,UH-1H Huey,Persian Gulf Map,Combined Arms

Intel i7-14700KF| Colorful iGame GeForce RTX 2070 AD Special OC GDDR6 8G | Acer PREDATOR 32g DDR5 6000MHZ | MSI PRO Z790A-MAX | Kingston KC3000 1T SSD M.2 | ST 12T HDD 7200RPM | AOC 2790PQU 27'' 4K |Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog PC

Looks like a combination of two things:

1) Can’t say 100% on Hornet, but for other documentation I’ve seen laser should continue to fire ~5ish seconds after TTI hits zero

2) For moving targets, manual lazing is probably a better option for multiple reasons.

I’m confused. How do I laser designate a target I have designated with TDC depress? Used to box “trigger” after the laser was turned on. Then pull trigger to activate laser. How does it work now? Do I NOT box trigger? Haven’t had a chance to play around yet

Anyone know if its possible to assign the LTD/R switch to a switch on the TM Warthog? I had a quick look in the controlls but couldnt find anything obvious.

Be nice to be able to flick a switch and have it come back on.

Intel i7 8700K @ 5Ghz, Aorus Z370 Gaming5, 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3000MHz, Nvidia 3080Ti FE, Samsung 970 NVME, Samsung 512GB EVO SSD x 2, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Rudder Pedals, HP Reverb G2, Windows 11 x64, DCS Modules = FC3, A10c Warthog, F14 Tomcat, F18 Hornet, F16 Viper, Persian Gulf, Syria.

There are several bindings under the category "Sensor Panel." Looks like the special joystick one is still set up for the removed AFT position... you might have to modify it, or try any of the others (4 total).

:thumbup: Will give it a try.

Intel i7 8700K @ 5Ghz, Aorus Z370 Gaming5, 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3000MHz, Nvidia 3080Ti FE, Samsung 970 NVME, Samsung 512GB EVO SSD x 2, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Rudder Pedals, HP Reverb G2, Windows 11 x64, DCS Modules = FC3, A10c Warthog, F14 Tomcat, F18 Hornet, F16 Viper, Persian Gulf, Syria.

I’m confused. How do I laser designate a target I have designated with TDC depress? Used to box “trigger” after the laser was turned on. Then pull trigger to activate laser. How does it work now? Do I NOT box trigger? Haven’t had a chance to play around yet

Arm the laser and drop the bomb, the TPOD will do the rest.

476th Discord   |    476th Website    |    Swift Youtube
Ryzen 5800x, RTX 4070ti, 64GB, Quest 2

Anyone know if its possible to assign the LTD/R switch to a switch on the TM Warthog? I had a quick look in the controlls but couldnt find anything obvious.

Be nice to be able to flick a switch and have it come back on.

Yes, there is a keybind for LTD/R ARM and LTD/R SAFE.

Yes, there is a keybind for LTD/R ARM and LTD/R SAFE.

That is just cheating to set it to HOTAS or use even mouse on left hand etc.

Properly doing it is that you move your hand away from the stick and you physically move hand to the switch and flip it back to ARM.

It quickly comes very obvious how annoying feature it is to remember after each lazing to flip it back On.

Not that it wouldn't be realistic or unrealistic, but it is just one of those things that makes you go through something safe. Like if Master Arm would turn Off after each time you release a weapon.

If one has it on HOTAS, use mouse with left hand etc, doesn't get the same experience as when physically moving hand on the switch to operate it.

I don't know who had this great idea to turn laser off for "safety reasons"

So how is it safer? I was thinking it would be less safe to let the laser cut out too early and let the bomb go into wrong area.

It actually happened to me yesterday. For some reason the laser stopped lasing too early and yea, the LTD/R switch dropped off.

Hey, if the laser is the only safeguard from dropping bombs on friendlies, c'mon... :/

Edited by Gripes323

The great thing about this being a game is that people are free to play it however they want.

Yes they are. I didn't say otherwise. You are as well free to cheat, free to get less realistic experiences, free to do what ever you want.

But don't come to say that "It ain't a problem" or "It ain't a odd design" when using a methods that are unreal anyways.

In this case, how many is required to take their right hand off from their stick to flip the LTD/R switch back On after each time it flips Off?

I do.... And I don't move hand on mouse to do a small flicking with cursor, I move my hand on that switch position to flip it On.

It is completely different thing if one binds that switch to HOTAS, so that they can just flip it On by pressing a button on HOTAS without taking hands off.

I did that years ago before it was possible to start moving virtual hands inside virtual cockpit and operate cockpit by touching things. It is major difference to move hands around as it learns faster and more effectively than doing unrealistic HOTAS bindings or using mouse cursor. But it has that downside as well, you are limited what you can do with your hands, as if you need to operate right side cockpit, you can't do it with left hand. So you learn the designs and operations better when you need to use proper hands around cockpit. So middle of the combat you learn things that can't be learn by using mouse or bindings. And it increases the immersion a lot when realizing that one needs to move hands and in high G maneuvers one wouldn't be doing it, or when the eyes are needed to be kept on the enemy.

That way you will quickly learn that how odd thing it is when considering that you might would need to get multiple self-lazed weapons on different targets.

If someone else is lazing the targets, you don't need to touch to that switch at all. But for self-lazing purposes it is odd thing. I as well tried to search for that switch functionality in the manuals electronics circuits diagrams and I can't find any connector that would make that switch automatically flip back Off.

Edited by Fri13

So how is it safer? I was thinking it would be less safe to let the laser cut out too early and let the bomb go into wrong area.

It actually happened to me yesterday. For some reason the laser stopped lasing too early and yea, the LTD/R switch dropped off.

Hey, if the laser is the only safeguard from dropping bombs on friendlies, c'mon... :/

That is the reasoning I have heard multiple times, and a safety reason for:

1) You do not laze your friendlies on the ground with eye damaging laser. (If you have AUTO lazing, it doesn't laze continually, and if you have TRGR enabled separately (that is your safe) you need to pull trigger to start lazing.)

2) You would not be accidentally pointing a laser spot in the combat area when others are there to drop bombs or launch missiles/rockets, so protecting others. (Regardless that each unit has own unique laser codes set to rockets and bombs on the field, so that in the shared combat zone you can perform simultaneous attacks).

3) You wouldn't burn out the laser, so protecting the equipment. (regardless that auto-lazing turns On and Off by the calculated moments, and automatic software based turn-off exist for manual lazing.)

It is now like if a master arm would switch itself Off after each trigger/release sequence. Sure you will see the target designation on HUD and DDI's etc, but you would be flipping that switch just before each time you want to shoot/release.

That is the reasoning I have heard multiple times, and a safety reason for:

1) You do not laze your friendlies on the ground with eye damaging laser. (If you have AUTO lazing, it doesn't laze continually, and if you have TRGR enabled separately (that is your safe) you need to pull trigger to start lazing.)

2) You would not be accidentally pointing a laser spot in the combat area when others are there to drop bombs or launch missiles/rockets, so protecting others. (Regardless that each unit has own unique laser codes set to rockets and bombs on the field, so that in the shared combat zone you can perform simultaneous attacks).

3) You wouldn't burn out the laser, so protecting the equipment. (regardless that auto-lazing turns On and Off by the calculated moments, and automatic software based turn-off exist for manual lazing.)

It is now like if a master arm would switch itself Off after each trigger/release sequence. Sure you will see the target designation on HUD and DDI's etc, but you would be flipping that switch just before each time you want to shoot/release.

Of course, engineers know best what's good for you and the battlefield and ED coders will make it even safer :D

Hey, since you mentioned master arm switch... I wouldn't give ED any ideas. I just pictured myself straining under imagined G's, looking over my shoulder trying to lock that Aim9x seeker on the bandit (the first heater missed!) and... wtf, I can't raise my arm to flip the MA switch on, oh no!

I also realized that as soon as I flip LTD/R to On (auto or manual) I'm already unsafe.:noexpression:

All right, so be it:) I tested both Mav F and E. I fired 6 laser Mavs so far from 7 and 8 nm in auto lase and manual. Laser didn't cut out too early in any of shots. All 'shacks'! I'm gonna have to live with the guilt of having LTD/R switch programmed on my throttle base just in case a quickdraw shot pops up all of a sudden and have to keep my eyes glued to a new target.

Now, as far Mav F :D:thumbup: The ranges are back to normal. The PTRK feels still a bit awkward but getting quicker at it.

Yes they are. I didn't say otherwise. You are as well free to cheat, free to get less realistic experiences, free to do what ever you want.

By this definition if anything is mapped to your HOTAS other than HOTAS functions then you are cheating. Extra buttons on your X52? NOPE. Cheater. Extra switch on your Warthog... CHEATER.

Come on bro, come back to Earth.