VR issues 2.5.6.50321

Hammer1-1

You shouldnt have your taxi lights lit on the carrier.

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM | K-51 Collective + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

The Boeing MQ-25A Sting Ray = Dirt Devil with wings
 My wallpaper and skins

So just repeating, I'm able to reproduce this OUTSIDE of the supercarrier. Taxiing behind another F/A-18C with my taxi light on causes the same issue when the light interacts with other objects (specifically the other F/A-18C in front of me). Turning the taxi light off causes it to stop.

The problem is either the cast light cone or shadow maps, regardless it's impact is significant and I feel like this issue is being ignored or unacknowledged.

create a separate bug, include a track and an image.

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

You shouldnt have your taxi lights lit on the carrier.

It wasn't on the carrier, it was Kobuleti.

I'm saying the bug isn't localized to the supercarrier. It's a dynamic light/shadow bug interacting with MSAA.

create a separate bug, include a track and an image.

IT'S THE SAME BUG.

It wasn't on the carrier, it was Kobuleti.

I'm saying the bug isn't localized to the supercarrier. It's a dynamic light/shadow bug interacting with MSAA.

IT'S THE SAME BUG.

It can be at Kobuleti or not, I experienced the issue only on the super carrier NOT doing what you suggesting caused it.

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM | K-51 Collective + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

MAYBE FOR YOU. NOT FOR OTHERS. DO YOU GET IT YET???

My wallpaper and skins

• 3 months later...

I'm reviving this thread cause I've been experiencing the same issue with the latest OB 2.5.6.55960 on SC and other locations

I'm using an HP reverb and I have sometimes the black flickering box on the right eye when certain light condition exists.

1. It was very evident on Piercing Fury mission 15 when taxing from Kobuleti at night in front of the apron flood lights (flickering as you pass them)

2. Pretty much anytime I turned on the cockpit flood light to any percentage (A10C).

3. Taking off at night while the runway flood lights are turned on automatically. As soon as you move away from them the flickering stops

4. I also experience this on the SC deck.

I noticed that in Piercing Fury mission 15 when flying away from any airport or objective, turning on the cockpit flood light didn't cause the issue so maybe it's related to GPU/CPU usage (mines are pegged at 90/100% on occasion) coupled with dynamic lighting?

BIGNEWY you have any update on this issue?

Edited by Snakedoc

ASUS ROG STRIX Z490 F-GAMING | i7-10700K | RTX3090 TUF OC | 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz | Windows 10 64bit | Acer Predator X34P | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog | TM T.Flight Rudder Pedals

A-10C | A-10C II | F/A-18C | F-16C | FC3 | PG | Syria | SC

Home made F-16C simulator
Forum Thread: DCS World forum - The Viper Project - Home Cockpits Instagram: 1583142 copia.jpg The Viper Project YouTube youtube-icon-512x512-874lspju.png The Viper Project - Youtube channel

I havent experienced this issue lately...then again I havent done so in the conditions you just mentioned. Might give it a shot though sometime today as I am going to start getting ready for the A-10CII training.

My wallpaper and skins

let me know if you experience the same issue Hammer1-1 :thumbup:

ASUS ROG STRIX Z490 F-GAMING | i7-10700K | RTX3090 TUF OC | 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz | Windows 10 64bit | Acer Predator X34P | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog | TM T.Flight Rudder Pedals

Forum Thread: DCS World forum - The Viper Project - Home Cockpits Instagram: 1583142 copia.jpg The Viper Project YouTube youtube-icon-512x512-874lspju.png The Viper Project - Youtube channel

In my case it seems to be connected to MSAA.. I had it a 2x and I constantly was getting the black flickering especially during high GPU/CPU load. Turned MSAA off and black flickering was gone (obviously visual quality is greatly reduced though)

On missions where I have few AI units and not too many static objects even if I turn MSAA 2x I don't get any flickering (I assume because the GPU/CPU have "spare capacity")

• 3 weeks later...

Same for me with ValVe Index. It happened after the last update and only in bright daylight on the SC.

NZXT H400i case

i9 9900k @ 4,9GHz (cooled by NZXT Kraken X62 4x140Fan - Push/Pull)

Asus RoG Maximus XI Gene with 32GB G.Skill CL14

Samsung M.2 970Pro 1000GB

ZOTAC RTX 2080ti Triple Fan 11GB

34" RoG Swift Curved TFT

runs smooth like Beck's Gold :D

HTC VIVE pro eYe (still freaking out!)

Thrust Master HOTAS Warthog on MONSTERTECH table mounts

15cm Stick Extension + red spring by SAHAJ 8 (<-- love them)

(TM F-18C ordered)

TPR (Thrustmaster Pendular Rudder)

T.Flight USAF Headset

I've experienced this on Valve Index both on carrier and elsewhere. MSAA is always off. However, I get a feeling that it most likely appears if I have high graphics settings (despite MSAA off) and especially if Nvidia GeForce Experience driver's video recording function is turned on.

Intel Core i7 9700K@4.6GHz|ASUS Strix Z390-H|G.Skill DDR4 32GB@3200MHz|MSI GeForce RTX 2080 Ti|2xSSD 500GB Samsung 970 EVO M.2 RAID0|SSD Samsung 850 EVO|Corsair HX 750W|Fractal Design Define R6 Blackout|UWQHD 34"|Valve Index|Logitech G9|MS Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000|VPC WarBRD Base+MongoosT-50CM2 Grip|VPC MongoosT-50 Throttle|VKB T-Rudder|Beyerdynamic DT770|Boom mic|Windows 10 Home

• 2 months later...

I also have this same bug using Reverb G2 and RTX 3090 and it only happens near the SC superstructure and I've had it happen in the F-18 and UH-1.  It doesn't happen anywhere else including on the standard DCS carrier.  On a Nvidia DCH driver turning MSAA off did not remove the issue however on the latest standard Nvidia driver it does but then the sim looks shit.  I think turning MSAA of just masks the real defect.  Hopefully it will be rectified sometime soon.

This video shows the issue at around the 0:32 mark. Very distracting.

Video

Edited by Specter

i7-10700K @ 5Ghz | Asus Z490 Tuf Pro Gaming | RTX 3090 | 64 Gb RAM @3.6Ghz | 1TB Samsung 970 EVO+ SSD | 1TB addlink S70 M.2 SSD | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | 4TB HDD | Reverb G2 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | Thrustmaster TPR rudder pedals | Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

On 1/21/2021 at 2:00 PM, Specter said:

I also have this same bug using Reverb G2 and RTX 3090 and it only happens near the SC superstructure and I've had it happen in the F-18 and UH-1.  It doesn't happen anywhere else including on the standard DCS carrier.  On a Nvidia DCH driver turning MSAA off did not remove the issue however on the latest standard Nvidia driver it does but then the sim looks shit.  I think turning MSAA of just masks the real defect.  Hopefully it will be rectified sometime soon.

This video shows the issue at around the 0:32 mark. Very distracting.

Video

Ok something completely new.. I actually never used MSAA. But since I turned it on exactly this black flickering happens from time to time. Only while on the Deck of the Supercarrier. Nowhere else. And the thing is: I am a pancake user, only trackIR..