Latest patch unreal wing rock?

Kultteri

I get it that it would happen but it is way too abrupt and unexpected. Is this intented behavior? Atleast give us some cue before it happens so we can avoid it in a dogfight.

Also the external views AoA indicator does not match with the in-cockpit one. You can fly level and the in-game one is actually negative.

Dolphin has explained the discrepancy between external view AoA and cockpit indicator: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3427147&postcount=136

And yes, wing rock is intended.

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /
Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Audio Technica ATH-MSR7

Watching the AoA gauge is your 'quick fix' for avoiding it. Keep it below about 33. I'd like some more 'feedback' as it were myself, as glacing away from a target can cause me to lose sight of them permanently, but without a FFB stick that's your best bet at the moment.

Dolphin has explained the discrepancy between external view AoA and cockpit indicator: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3427147&postcount=136

And yes, wing rock is intended.

It doesn’t feel right. Like at slow speeds it is fine. Then you go a bit faster and it just throws the plane around very abruptly. If this how the mig is supposed to behave fine but give us some buffet before it happens so we have some feedback on it

, but without a FFB stick that's your best bet at the moment.

Not true.

With a sound transducer, a second sound card and software "Simshaker for aviators" I can feel wing buffet in my butt like real pilots and also cannons, motor rumble, afterburner engaging, ground bumps, flaps and other control surface actuating as many other effects.

All these effects are controlled by DCS realtime fisics and can be individual configurated.

Total kit costs is around 100 euros.

Windows 7 Professional x64, EVGA GTX 1060 6GB,

Intel Xeon W5650(i7) @ 4.1ghz, Asus P6TWS motherboard, 24gb DDR3, 500GB SSD.

Hybrid joystick(Base: Saitek X55 - Grip:CH Fighterstick), Saitek X55 throttle, Saitek ruder pedals.

It doesn’t feel right. Like at slow speeds it is fine. Then you go a bit faster and it just throws the plane around very abruptly. If this how the mig is supposed to behave fine but give us some buffet before it happens so we have some feedback on it

As I've explained yesterday on hoggit since someone started yesterday similar discussion, at low airspeeds (around M 0.4 and lower) and lower altitudes (around 5 km or so and less) prestall buffeting does not develop for this aircraft. It's stated in the very manual.

And speed is not a point here but your (or what I've seen on hoggit) attempt to hold aircraft beyond safe AoA limits (I saw guys pulling that thing all the way to the end of the gauge limit) which obviously should lead to violent departure.

The cue is AoA guage and reduction in aileron effectiveness. Rest is your experience, where you have to know when to relax the stick and when you can pull.

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /
Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Audio Technica ATH-MSR7

As I've explained yesterday on hoggit since someone started yesterday similar discussion, at low airspeeds (around M 0.4 and lower) and lower altitudes (around 5 km or so and less) prestall buffeting does not develop for this aircraft. It's stated in the very manual.

And speed is not a point here but your (or what I've seen on hoggit) attempt to hold aircraft beyond safe AoA limits (I saw guys pulling that thing all the way to the end of the gauge limit) which obviously should lead to violent departure.

The cue is AoA guage and reduction in aileron effectiveness. Rest is your experience, where you have to know when to relax the stick and when you can pull.

Allright thank you for your input and I’ll take your word for it.

I was hoping if you can add vibration in cockpit before entering Wing rock. It'll be a good indication, since not having FFB or some external immersion.

Btw I have turned on Cockpit vibration to 200, but there is little to no vibration like it was there when it was introduced.

Sent from my Redmi K20 Pro using Tapatalk

I was hoping if you can add vibration in cockpit before entering Wing rock. It'll be a good indication, since not having FFB or some external immersion.

Btw I have turned on Cockpit vibration to 200, but there is little to no vibration like it was there when it was introduced.

VVVVV Look at this post again VVVVV

As Hiro says, the solution to this is just experience. You develop a feel for how much you can pull the stick at any given time, and if you feel the wings starting to rock, back off the pressure. I've noticed the aircraft now begins a much more subtle wing rock around 31-32 AoA and usually departs around 33 or 34, so there is a little subtle hint that it's coming now.

I don't like sounding like a broken record or an RTFM guy (because I never RTFM myself, I learn by trial and error), but the 21 really isn't going to hold your hand for you and most of the problems people have with flying it come from either not understanding the aircraft's design considerations, or just not really having a lot of old fashioned stick and rudder experience in general. It's not a Hornet which can pull AoA all day, it's not even a 29, it doesn't have any kind of built-in AoA limiter. The only real assistance you have is the SAU (which is a liability in combat as it damps out your inputs too much) and the ARU preventing you from pulling 20G and shedding your wings and several vertebrae.

Not true.

With a sound transducer, a second sound card and software "Simshaker for aviators" I can feel wing buffet in my butt like real pilots and also cannons, motor rumble, afterburner engaging, ground bumps, flaps and other control surface actuating as many other effects.

All these effects are controlled by DCS realtime fisics and can be individual configurated.

Total kit costs is around 100 euros.

This would be the case if there was a buffet to feel, but there isn't. Stick force and trim position are what I actually need to feel here, so I have a better sense of exactly what I'm pulling.

VVVVV Look at this post again VVVVV

As Hiro says, the solution to this is just experience. You develop a feel for how much you can pull the stick at any given time, and if you feel the wings starting to rock, back off the pressure. I've noticed the aircraft now begins a much more subtle wing rock around 31-32 AoA and usually departs around 33 or 34, so there is a little subtle hint that it's coming now.

I don't like sounding like a broken record or an RTFM guy (because I never RTFM myself, I learn by trial and error), but the 21 really isn't going to hold your hand for you and most of the problems people have with flying it come from either not understanding the aircraft's design considerations, or just not really having a lot of old fashioned stick and rudder experience in general. It's not a Hornet which can pull AoA all day, it's not even a 29, it doesn't have any kind of built-in AoA limiter. The only real assistance you have is the SAU (which is a liability in combat as it damps out your inputs too much) and the ARU preventing you from pulling 20G and shedding your wings and several vertebrae.

This would be the case if there was a buffet to feel, but there isn't. Stick force and trim position are what I actually need to feel here, so I have a better sense of exactly what I'm pulling.

I was talking about adding fake prestall buffeting under special menu, So I can feel when the wing rock is about to appear. Though we should strive for reality.

it's hard to practice with AI, since you have to keep watch of enemy, guages and then AOA indicator (since no FFB). In this process you lose track of enemy. Since I can't feel FFB, when I'm not looking at AOA, I m pulling about less AOA like 15-20.

Guess I need more practice

Time and experience is really the key. I've put hundreds of hours in and I still accidentally pull a little too hard sometimes, but you really do develop a feel for it - I need to look at my AoA less and less, and usually by the time it's getting close to critical, the enemy is in front of me and close enough that I can look at him and watch the needle out of the corner of my eye.