WWII REPLIKA throttles

hegykc

Hi all.

Some of you may remember me from my earlier attempts at manufacturing simulation gear with emerging technologies, a few years ago. Unfortunately quality and speed of processes just wasn't quite there for a fast and reliable manufacturing process.

But I've been quietly working and pushing boundaries so today, due to a convergence of several new technologies, and becoming available to the average engineer, I am finally able to present some of my finished, functional work that is up to the standards of quality and realism I was hoping to achieve all those years ago.

These are 3 prototypes that I have been personally testing for the last 6 months. Electronics are arduino clones, programmed as generic windows joysticks, no drivers, plug'n'play. If you want, you can even program your own firmware. They come with a metal desktop stand, trim boxes, flaps and gear levers, and complete set of switches that are not in these pictures but will be presented soon.

Here are the photographs I took in my newly assembled studio. As I get familiar with the camera I will present many more and of course, a youtube video of them in action. Here are the first few photographs:

- short usb cables only for photo shoot

- everything is designed from purchased WWII blueprint scans

- fixed gyro throttle handles on these units, but twist handles are in testing phase

P-47-facebook.jpg

P-51-facebook.jpg

P-38-facebook.jpg

REPLIKA-simulators.jpg

These units will go to a local virtual squad of 15 pilots for outside beta testing this month. I will post further updates and videos in this thread.

My modern hotas prototypes will have a separate thread soon.

Cheers!

They look amazing, wish you the best with your cottage manufacturing :thumbup:

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

I just got the final pieces together for some P51 throttles.The company who does my waterjet company got snowed under so put me behind.And yes they have the K14 twist grip.

I like the look of the new Replica controls!

Good to see you back, Hegykc. It's all looking awesome.

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

Some fine looking craftmanship there Hegykc :thumbup:

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Awesome, very interested, any chance to have the option of P 47 twist grip for ranging k14 sight also trim control unit will be very interesting, instant buy.

Edited by mambo

Twist grip would be the bomb. I can't wait to see everything you will have for sale in your shop. It is good to see you didn't give up and are on the verge of releasing really cool stuff for us combat flight sim addicts!

Edited by streakeagle

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I like, these look awesome. Nice and solid. And use of Arduino I think is a good choice for the fact its open source. SO I know it might too early to ask but technically with use of Arduino tech and its availability they can be sold as mechanics only or only complete units?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

These are truly beautiful. Very interested in the P-51, but would also be interested if you could provide some addons for the Saitek/logitech throttle quadrant.

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png

• 2 weeks later...