Lasing with the pod

CaptJackG

It seems not that I have to hold the trigger down continuously to activate the laser when using the E Mav's. In the past it was 1 trigger press to activate the laser and another to deactivate. Am I doing something wrong or is this how it should work?

Latched laser as it was before was incorrect, now you have TRIG (fire as long as the trigger is held) or auto. Auto is much better and should be used in most cases.

Yes , surely ok with LGB but how to use AUTO with the MAV-E? Is it possible?

I saw that now only TRIG option is available if MAV-E selected and for me it is not so user friendly

a) lock a target in OPR MODE (so you maybe can slew the TGP again)

b) swap SOI to MAV

c) start Lase with Trigger in order to lock the MAV

since here all OK

Consider that your lock is made far away from the target and, while your are approaching it, you maybe need or want to refine your lock, helped by the increased image on the FLIR.

At this point you need to slew again with the TDC.

So:

d) stop triggering

e) change SOI to FLIR

f) restart triggering/Lasing

g) refine your lock

h) in the same time trigger and fire the MAV (not so handy)

Well, last but not least, it would be very helpful if ED will publish a Weapon Check-list so we know how the POD is intended to be used, according to the documentation in their hand.

So many tutorial on youtube (thanks to all for your good job) but at every patch most of them become outdated.

Kind regards

Auto Laser with Laser maverick:

-Ensure laser codes match

-Find and Designate the target

-Ensure Laser is Armed

-TDC priority to maverick screen

-When HUD indicates you are in range, press and hold the weapon release button

-At this point a few things will happen. The laser will fire, the maverick will uncage itself (no need for cage/uncage button), the maverick will spot the laser.

-Once the above has happened the maverick will then fire, only once it has fired do you let go of the weapon release button.

-Ensure pod is unmasked throughout the flight of the missile, as usual.

-Once missile has impacted the laser will cease itself and the laser arm will move to safe.

476th Discord   |    476th Website    |    Swift Youtube
Ryzen 5800x, RTX 4070ti, 64GB, Quest 2

Thanks Swift

RyZen5 3600x, MSI GamingX RX 5700xt, AX-370-K7, 16 Gig G-Skil 3200 :thumbup:, Antec 650w (Still),Win10 on 256G 870 NVMe, 860+850 Evo for Apps, 2x1TB WD HDs for :music_whistling:, TR5 :detective:, Hog stick:joystick:, 3x TM MFD Bezels. a 32" AOC, @ 2560x1440, no floppy & a crappy chair :pain:. Its hard to find a chair that accepts you as you grow.:pilotfly:

Had a bit of a practice with this and found it works with the following issues:

If launched from ~6,000 MAV-E seem to impact approx 30 m in front of the lased target. I haven't tried any lower than this and all seems good if launched from above this altitude.

When using MAV-E and MAV-F for some reason you can no longer change the FOV of the TPod with the mapped FOV key on the HOTAS (like you can with other weapons). You can still change the TPod FOV by pressing the respective DDI button, but not with the HOTAS. Seems like a minor bug to me ATM.

Had a bit of a practice with this and found it works with the following issues:

If launched from ~6,000 MAV-E seem to impact approx 30 m in front of the lased target. I haven't tried any lower than this and all seems good if launched from above this altitude.

When using MAV-E and MAV-F for some reason you can no longer change the FOV of the TPod with the mapped FOV key on the HOTAS (like you can with other weapons). You can still change the TPod FOV by pressing the respective DDI button, but not with the HOTAS. Seems like a minor bug to me ATM.

Mavericks and HARMs will always take fov priority over the tpod, it's not a bug. Makes sense for HARMs, no idea why mav does it aswell though, just a Boeing thing I guess.

Mavericks and HARMs will always take fov priority over the tpod, it's not a bug. Makes sense for HARMs, no idea why mav does it aswell though, just a Boeing thing I guess.

I get what you're saying there Swift, but it doesn't make sense to me. Surely whichever sensor I have currently selected as SOI should be controlled by the HOTAS? That's the whole point of selecting the SOI. The TDC slews for whichever sensor is selected as SOI, so why not the FOV? It just doesn't make sense. :huh:

I get what you're saying there Swift, but it doesn't make sense to me. Surely whichever sensor I have currently selected as SOI should be controlled by the HOTAS? That's the whole point of selecting the SOI. The TDC slews for whichever sensor is selected as SOI, so why not the FOV? It just doesn't make sense. :huh:

Like I said, makes a lot of sense for HARM where the FOV switch can be used in PB or SP mode to cycle targets even without the harm display being visible. I wonder if the mavs thing is just a hold over from that, or perhaps there is a mav function we are missing.