LMAVs on the Harrier since last patch not working?

AH0TE

Hey all,

Just want to know if anyone's experiencing the same issue as me. Since the last update, I've noticed that I can't fire a LMAV that tracks the laser. I set the code to 1688, use the TPOD, find a target, point track, set the laser to laser mode, fire the laser, LMAV locks on, and I fire.

From there, the missile just sails on down into the ground without tracking anything.

I'm not crazy, I don't think... I've done this a million times, and GBUs seem to work just fine.

Any thoughts? Thanks!

I've had issues not just with this but also with the seeker head not locking onto the target, or equally showing the locked on target but refusing to launch and release from the air-frame.

Sometimes takes multiple pushes of the station button, cycling to nav mode and back a few times, its definitely something to do with the latest release as there is a noticeable change on reliability of employment.

Also i use the harrier alot and know it inside out so i know its not a systems or incorrect procedure.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DCS & BMS

F14B | AV-8B | F15E | F18C | F16C | F5 | F86 | A10C | JF17 | Viggen |Mirage 2000 | F1 |  L-39 | C101 | Mig15 | Mig21 | Mig29 | SU27 | SU33 | F15C | AH64 | MI8 | Mi24 | Huey | KA50 | Gazelle | P47 | P51 | BF109 | FW190A/D | Spitfire | Mossie | CA | Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | Channel | Syria | South Atlantic | Sinai 

Liquid Cooled ROG 690 13700K @ 5.9Ghz | RTX3090 FTW Ultra | 64GB DDR4 3600 MHz | 2x2TB SSD m2 Samsung 980/990 | Pimax Crystal/Reverb G2 | MFG Crosswinds | Virpil T50/CM3 | Winwing & Cougar MFD's | Buddyfox UFC | Winwing TOP & CP | Jetseat

Hey all,

Just want to know if anyone's experiencing the same issue as me. Since the last update, I've noticed that I can't fire a LMAV that tracks the laser. I set the code to 1688, use the TPOD, find a target, point track, set the laser to laser mode, fire the laser, LMAV locks on, and I fire.

From there, the missile just sails on down into the ground without tracking anything.

I'm not crazy, I don't think... I've done this a million times, and GBUs seem to work just fine.

Any thoughts? Thanks!

Having this exact problem. Can lase target, uncage missile, missile sees laser (code 1688 ) but on release the missile just flies into the ground. New bug?

+1

Aorus Z370 Ultra Gaming WiFi MB | i7-8700k @ 4.9 GHz | EVGA GTX 1070 Ti | 32 GB CORSAIR Vengeance 3000 MHz DDR4 Ram | Corsair H100 Pro Cooler | RaidMax TX 850M PS | Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVMe SSD |TM Warthog Hotas w/ F/A-18 Hornet grip | Corsair Gamer 570x Crystal Case | Oculus Rift S

DCS | AV8B | F18C | F-16C | A10C | Mig 29 | F15 | SA-342 | Huey | Persian Gulf | NTTR | Combined Arms

Hey all,

Any thoughts? Thanks!

Just experienced it, ruined a really fun mission. Can confirm GBU-12 works perfectly, it seems only the LMAVs are affected.

Your Laser Code is Invalid. Here are the specifications for valid Laser Codes.

(I know this applies in the HORNET. I assume it applies in the Harrier as well. Try a conforming code and see if it works)

1st Digit: 1

2nd Digit:5-7

3rd Digit: 1-8

4th Digit: 1-8

(I know this applies in the HORNET. I assume it applies in the Harrier as well. Try a conforming code and see if it works)

If that was the case, the Mav should not have gotten a lock at all in the first place.

If that was the case, the Mav should not have gotten a lock at all in the first place.

Good point!!!! o7

I tried it out last night and my LMAV's guided fine... so I guess I can't say what is going on..

I tried it out last night and my LMAV's guided fine... so I guess I can't say what is going on..

The TGP laser designator has a max range of 8 Nm (15km) in DCS, in the previous video you fired from 12 Nm.

Previous TGP behaviour was that a laser spot would appear at the end of the beam (@8NM) and the LMav would track that and hit a target as long as you'd moved within 8 Nm by the time of impact.

Perhaps the Razbam LMav still "sees" the floating laser "spot" when attached to the aircraft but the missile's logic can't track it after launch.

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Please view this video to learn about the TPOD lasing issue:

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

Please view this video to learn about the TPOD lasing issue:

This is a new issue, the AV-8B's LMav is failing to track the laser spot even when launched ~5NM from the target.

Tested using the TPOD to self lase and CTLD to simulate a JTAC.

Didn't have an issue using a F/A-18C (AGM-65E *2 and GBU-12 *4).

DCS open beta 2.5.6.50321

Edited by Ramsay

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

This is a new issue, the AV-8B's LMav is failing to track the laser spot even when launched ~5NM from the target.

OH... Did this just pop up in the BETA??? Or are people having issues with the 2.5.6 stable? It is working for me in STABLE 2.5.6.49758

Edited by Recluse

I always use this code in the Harrier and in the Hornet and always works fine. It is a new issue on the beta since last update. Today I've been lasing for other harrier with gbu12 and the same code and all is OK.

Edited by Beltza

Yes, I just wanted to post the video so as to not mix up the different issues.

I guess I kind of failed at trying to be clear :doh:

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

OH... Did this just pop up in the BETA??? Or are people having issues with the 2.5.6 stable? It is working for me in STABLE 2.5.6.49758

It seems to be a new issue introduced in Open Beta 2.5.6.50321

Guys just to be clear again - this is not an operational procedure issue with the player.

Have many, many hours in the Harrier and know it inside out systems wise.

This is a new bug mavericks are not always tracking the laser code, circa 50% success rate at best.

Not working correctly since the last OB patch update.

Good to see Razbam replying or reading the customer feedback that we provide, not one comment yet lol.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DCS & BMS

F14B | AV-8B | F15E | F18C | F16C | F5 | F86 | A10C | JF17 | Viggen |Mirage 2000 | F1 |  L-39 | C101 | Mig15 | Mig21 | Mig29 | SU27 | SU33 | F15C | AH64 | MI8 | Mi24 | Huey | KA50 | Gazelle | P47 | P51 | BF109 | FW190A/D | Spitfire | Mossie | CA | Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | Channel | Syria | South Atlantic | Sinai 

Liquid Cooled ROG 690 13700K @ 5.9Ghz | RTX3090 FTW Ultra | 64GB DDR4 3600 MHz | 2x2TB SSD m2 Samsung 980/990 | Pimax Crystal/Reverb G2 | MFG Crosswinds | Virpil T50/CM3 | Winwing & Cougar MFD's | Buddyfox UFC | Winwing TOP & CP | Jetseat

It has already been reported by several in the Bugs section. The same as the problem in the Tarawa. Razbam has abandoned the Harrier? It was a fantastic module. No one answers neither RAZBAM nor ED. The module worked quite well before the last OB. Please gentlemen! Fix it! Everyone invests money buying modules to make things go reasonably better, not worse.

It seems to be a new issue introduced in Open Beta 2.5.6.50321

OK, sorry. I only (at least up to now) run the Stable version. After the 2.5.6 update to stable, the two environments were briefly synchronized, so when I read "Latest Update" I thought it referred to stable. I will assume OB from now on.