Radio Problems

It seems that the radios aren't working all the time in the P-47D.

I use Vaicom Pro for my radio communications, and wingmen are currently only responding to commands while stationary on the ground. As soon as the flight is airborne, it seems that messages are ignored. I did get some recognition by sending a command through Vaicom, then pressing the PTT key 6-7 times, but this was inconsistent.

Out of curiosity, I disabled Vaicom and used the normal communications menu (RAlt + \) to send orders to the flight. This worked more regularly, but still didn't work on any of the dogfight/furball missions on the channel map.

Frequencies were all checked in ME, the proper channel was selected, and the radios were powered.

Same here. Very often the coms menu does not work. This has been a problem in some of the German fighters as well.

I'm glad to hear it's not just me!

Update:

I have been able to get responses by turning on Easy Communication. This has (so far) only worked in missions of my own creation and still doesn't work in the Quick Start missions.

Edited by KidCharlemagne

I have comms on the ground but as soon as I am airborne no comms menu when I press \

That´s how it´s supposed to work. Like any other DCS module.

Communication menu is only for ground if you don´t have Easy communications on.

In air you need to use correct radio PTT button. Ralt + \ for P-47 I think.

Win10Prox64, Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro, Intel i7-9900K@5,1GHz, 32Gb DDR4 GSkill TridentZ@3900GHz, Gigabyte RTX 2080ti Xtreme 11Gb, Game on Samsung M2 960 Pro, TM WH HOTAS, TM TPR , HP Reverb Pro G1, TM MFD

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Still have this problem. Works on the ground, but RAlt + \ doesn't work in the air.

Very Respectfully,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

London

"In my private manual I firmly believed the only time there was too much fuel aboard any aircraft was if it was fire." --Ernest K. Gann

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 7/27/2022 at 6:40 AM, NineLine said:

Please supply a track. Thanks

Hello Nine Line, 

you mean with Track, you need a Recording file from the Mission? Something more, or it is enough?  I can try/do.

Maybe meanwhile for understanding, how it has to work properly? I read, that the people turn on Easy Communication.
But it has theoretical also work with realistic Communication and the correct frequenzy channels isn't it?

My experience: 
With realistic Communication I can't open Communication menu in flight.
With Easy Communication I can open Comm Menu but I can't give orders to Wingman and I saw you add a F10 "scriptet" Communication for the Wingman.
Its correct yes?