For all F-35 lovers....

XLR8

• 1 month later...

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Nice thanks

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Nice technology on the vertical landing & target designation ...

did seem that when it was flying alngsidethe F-16, for the same manouver it made a much more visible vortex off the wings - maybe because it carries a high AOA anyway ??

couild be dodgy if you ever get WVR.

This seemed scary too :

"The contractor has extended manufacturing schedules several times, but test aircraft delivery dates continue to slip," the report states. "The flight test program has barely begun, but faces substantial risks with reduced assets as design and manufacturing problems continue to cause delays that further compress the time available to complete development."

Auditors criticized both the military and the contractor for pressing into the jet's development's phase before key technologies were mature, started manufacturing test aircraft before designs were stable, and moved to production before flight tests showed the aircraft was ready."

Cheers.

did seem that when it was flying alngsidethe F-16, for the same manouver it made a much more visible vortex off the wings - maybe because it carries a high AOA anyway ??

couild be dodgy if you ever get WVR.

I do not know for sure, but I don't think the vortex on the wing tip would determine the aircraft WVR capability. It just mean the wing pressurize the air in that area. The F-16 vortexes on the LEX actually increase lift and help attain higher AOA AFAIK.

To whom it may concern,

No, I didn't think it would impact on it's actual performance - like you said, everything I've seen leads to the conclusion that vortices improve airflow over the wing at high AOA - I just meant that it would be easier to see because if it started creating vortices at a lower comparative AOA then it would have vapour trails increasing its visual signature before the opponent did - a slight gift to the opponents S.A.

There's a couple of shots in one of those videos of the chase plane (F-16) & the F-35 going through some manouvers together. They're both roughly the same size in the image, but the F-35 has a vortices while the F-16 doesn't & I felt it made it easier to see...

Cheers.

D_oh.jpg

Sorry

To whom it may concern,

• 1 month later...

F-35 can only carry 2 (two) AA missiles internaly?

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

I misread the article. It is two AA missiles AND two bombs or four AA missiles.

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

I'm pretty sure that the F-35 has 3 weapon bays just like the Raptor, so 2 Sidewinders plus 6(?) AIM-120s.

Edit: No I guess not: http://www.airforceworld.com/fighter/gfx/jsf/f35_payload.jpg

Just two bays, but it looks like 8 missiles.

It seems ten, no? 2*AIM-9X and 4*AIM-120D each side?

In Airforces Monthly they claim ther are substantial delays for the F-35C Carrier-based variant, prompting the call for more Super Hornets.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

No, F-35 will only be able to take 4 AMRAAMs internaly. THe specs say it has 3 bays but its actualy the same bely bay devided into 3 segments (not fisicaly just by pylon capability). There are no side bays like in the F-22.

Externaly it can take a total of up to 8 missiles. AIM-9X is tecnicaly able to be launched from a closed compartiment because it has Lock after Launch capability but that feature is not listed for its weapon implementations anytime soon. Thus AIM-9X can only be carried externaly on that plane.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Externaly it can take a total of up to 8 missiles.
Stealth is compromised if carrying missiles (or fuel) externally.

I know that, but it can still hold on its own that way. ;)

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P