AI Behavior

KIKE92

1) No, they usually go after the first thing they "see" and stick to that until their target is behind them. Then they like to simply ignore the guy behind them and switch to the next target infront of them.

2) They should, yes.

I was in a fight against 6 Mig-29As with a flight of 4 F-16s including me and its always the same thing I fire two AIM-120s in TWS, I usually hit two of the Migs but I've noticed that atleast three of the Migs target me, also my wingmen do nothing, and they often get killed at the start and if they don't they don't last long in the dogfight and that's when I a often find myself with three or four Migs on my tail

Try telling them to engage and hang back and try a pincer or something similar. That should keep them focused on your wingmem first. Although 6v4 isnt great odds. Especially vs fulcrums.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Amd Fx 8350 4.3 GHz - MSi Gtx 1060 6gb - 16gb DDR3

A-10C - AV8B - F-5E - Mig-21 - FC3 - CA - UH-1H - Black Shark - AJ3-37 - M-2000C - F-16C Viper - F-86F - Spitfire - Fw-190 - F/A-18C - F-14 - Normandy - NTTR - Persian Gulf

I tried it again, I setup a simple mission in the editor, 4 F-16s vs 4 Mig-29As and I jumped into the cockpit, I climb to 20000ft with my wingmen to my right while I do these I begin targeting the Migs in TWS mode and I also order my flight to engage the enemy, when I'm within range I launch a pair of AIM-120s against two of the Migs but none of my wingmen are engaging the Migs, I get targeted and I get a missile launch warning so I break left to avoid the missile, at this moment I paused the mission to see what my flight is doing and to my surprise instead of attacking the enemies they're following me, only one of my wingmen got a kill and it was with a Sidewinder It's almost as if they only attack when directly threatened.

After the mission was over I reset everything except this time I didn't play I just left AI vs AI and this time the flight of F-16s immediately engage the Migs with AMRAAMs. Why don't they attack from BVR when I'm playing but they do attack when they're AI controlled?

Edited by KIKE92

Is there a radio issue maybe? Do they acknowledge that they are engaging bandits after you send the order? Seems weird.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Amd Fx 8350 4.3 GHz - MSi Gtx 1060 6gb - 16gb DDR3

A-10C - AV8B - F-5E - Mig-21 - FC3 - CA - UH-1H - Black Shark - AJ3-37 - M-2000C - F-16C Viper - F-86F - Spitfire - Fw-190 - F/A-18C - F-14 - Normandy - NTTR - Persian Gulf

First, check to be sure you are on the correct radio channel or have checked the simplified radio box in game options. Next, be sure the flight/wingmen have seen the enemy. You should receive a bandit contact call from them. After that, you can order them to engage or cover you and they will respond with an engaging call. If they can't see the enemy, they respond unable. Also, you can order different tactical splits that are helpful.

Ryzen 5950x PBO | MSI RTX 3090 | 32gb 3600 RAM | 2 x SSD | Quest 3 | TM Warthog

It was the radio, I had mapped the button on my HOTAS to the standard DCS comms menu instead of the 164. I still shot down 3 of the 4 Migs but atleast this time they aren't just focusing on me.

Thanks everyone for the help, I really appreciate it.