must amp "Hornet Ball" in HOTAS

mjolner

Title was supposed to be Map "hornet ball", anyway..

Well I am probably late to the party but if you haven't already, do yourself a favor and map the Hornet Ball command to your HOTAS somewhere. I was using the radio menu in the groove, not conducive to OK 3 wires.

If this was discussed elsewhere I missed it, please delete wasted post. I hate waste.

What's VIACOM?
You serious?

Children's TV, MTV etc.

VAICOM on the other hand, if you actually misspelled, is an addon for Voice Attack, that will let you speak the radio commands, instead of click'em or whatever you do. WAAAAAY more immersive. Can't live without it. Voice Attack is nice (for controls only), but can't compare with VAICOM for comms.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

VAICOM? Voice commands? Head-tracking, VR heasets, headphones and mic, HOTAS. Can just get a USB jack into my cerebral cortex?
Don't think you need a jack at all. Brain waves does exist, so I go for wireless!

Map to HOTAS or use VAICOM. (And PLEASE, for the love of Dog, dont call it VIACOM!!!)

More specifically, Voice Attack. VAICOM isn’t really required.

TWC_SLAG

Win 10 64 bit, 2T Hard Drive, 1T SSD, 500GB SSD, ASUS Prime Z390 MB, Intel i9 9900 Coffee Lake 3.1mhz CPU, ASUS 2070 Super GPU, 32gb DDR4 Ram, Track IR5, 32” Gigabyte curved monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals, Voice Attack, hp Reverb G2.

You serious?

Children's TV, MTV etc.

VAICOM on the other hand, if you actually misspelled, is an addon for Voice Attack, that will let you speak the radio commands, instead of click'em or whatever you do. WAAAAAY more immersive. Can't live without it. Voice Attack is nice (for controls only), but can't compare with VAICOM for comms.

haha, just a lame joke. But thanks for the info. Seriously though, the reason for it is that I actually searched vaicom the first time I heard of it here because iof its mispelled prevalence in these forums! Haven't tried it myself. Is it worth it?

You bet !

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

haha, just a lame joke. But thanks for the info. Seriously though, the reason for it is that I actually searched vaicom the first time I heard of it here because iof its mispelled prevalence in these forums! Haven't tried it myself. Is it worth it?
Haha! Yeah, I thought as much.

Yes. It's absolutely worth it. You need to get Voice Attack as well, but that's already worth its weight in gold anyway. (If you could weigh SW though).

It can be a little tricky to get going, was for me, but then I read the manual and got help in the forum thread.

Make sure you train and configure the Microsoft Speech Recognition. Because that's what's actually doing the Speech-To-Text that Voice Attack passes on to VAICOM.

Cheers

Totally disagree. Voice Attack cannot do what VAICOM does. But VAICOM needs Voice Attack.

Totally disagree. Since Vaicom “needs” Voice Attack, IT is the one that is required.

TWC_SLAG

Win 10 64 bit, 2T Hard Drive, 1T SSD, 500GB SSD, ASUS Prime Z390 MB, Intel i9 9900 Coffee Lake 3.1mhz CPU, ASUS 2070 Super GPU, 32gb DDR4 Ram, Track IR5, 32” Gigabyte curved monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals, Voice Attack, hp Reverb G2.

Ball is definately needed it replaced hide stick on my radar elevation hat switch

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png

Well, have you tried VAICOM? They don't work the same way.

I never said VA was better. Only that VAICOM needs VA to work. And no, I haven’t tried it, yet. When I do, I hope to be pleasantly surprised.

TWC_SLAG