DTOS don’t get it

Blinky.ben

I have watched some BMS tutorials on YouTube with f-16 doing DTOS but what’s the point? It looks just like you slew the hud diamond onto target location and conduct a CCRP. So what makes it DTOS? Am I missing something that makes it different to normal CCRP?

Jeff's DTOS is half F-16 DTOS and half SU27(ccip->ccrp) , more like a combination.

Just give you a fast option to aim and fire on target of opportunity which does not need a hard dive.

Deka Ironwork Tester Team

JF17 DTOS is really a... 'manually calculated impact point' (DIR mode) aborted after target designation for an AUTO (CCRP) drop.

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Gigabyte RTX 3070 Gaming OC 8GB | 32GB Adata Spectrix D50 3600 Mhz (16x2) | Asus B550 TUF Plus Gaming | 2TB Aorus Gen4
HOTAS Warthog | TrackIR 5 |
My Files | Windows 10 Home x64

My preferred tactic for DTOS back in BMS was low-level high speed, pull up, release, get back on the deck. You could easily slingshot some 500lb JDAMs a solid 6-7nm with minimal exposure to SAMs.

I love nothing more than perfectly executed DTOS where the bombs hit the target and I never even saw it.

Motorola 68000 | 1 Mb | Debug port

"When performing a forced landing, fly the aircraft as far into the crash as possible." - Bob Hoover.

The JF-17 is not better than the F-16; it's different. It's how you fly that counts.

"An average aircraft with a skilled pilot, will out-perform the superior aircraft with an average pilot."