Confused: Control bindings

Hey all!

So here is the thing what confused me a moment ago: I set up controls for the F/A-18, saved it for each controller and column.

I then bought the good old Huey and made sure that my profile was loaded before I set up some controls for the Huey. Saved the column as the same profile. All nice and good.

But: Today I loaded up the F/A-18 and wondered why my controls won't work... - got into the control settings and loaded up the profile, pressed save as profile and there I go...well, actually NOPE. Back into the control settings and just flipped a switch to see where it was mapped and to my surprise...nothing was mapped.

My question:

Is it normal behaviour that I can't map my controls to two different modules in the same session in the control setting (adjust controls) menu and then press save as profile and only the last control bindings for the last module are saved? :helpsmilie::joystick:

Edited by squirrelmeister
Clearing up things

I just had a strange problem too. Created a mission on the Channel Map and put an SA342L in the castle on Dover. When I went to take off it went nuts.

I went into the options and reset the axis assignments but it was like it was sticking. I'd just been flying the Jug fine, so I knew the controls are actually OK. But once in the Gazelle if I pulled the joystick back and then recentred, the indication would show it being pulled back but being held. The same would go for roll. It would have a mind of its own.

I changed the Gazelle to a Hue and suddenly the problem was fixed.

I've uploaded my DCS.LOG file but had to delete some of the repeating error messages to bring it under 3MB and then had to rename the extension to txt. I love your products, but you don't make it easy to provide you with the log files.

BTW - the Channel map is stunning. And I love the detail around Dover. Makes it very enjoyable to fly a helicopter around there in VR.

dcs - Copy.txt

Edited by JimmyWA
To upload Zip File

i9 12900KS, ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 APEX, 64 GB DDR5 4700 mhz, ASUS RTX4090, Water cooled, C - NVME SSD, 😧 DCS on SSD, TM HOTAS Warthog Stick & Throttle, Crosswind rudder Pedals, 2 x Thrustmaster MFDs on LCD Screens, Varjo Aero VR, Logitech game controller

I just had a strange problem too. Created a mission on the Channel Map and put an SA342L in the castle on Dover. When I went to take off it went nuts.

I went into the options and reset the axis assignments but it was like it was sticking. I'd just been flying the Jug fine, so I knew the controls are actually OK. But once in the Gazelle if I pulled the joystick back and then recentred, the indication would show it being pulled back but being held. The same would go for roll. It would have a mind of its own.

I changed the Gazelle to a Hue and suddenly the problem was fixed.

I've uploaded my DCS.LOG file but had to delete some of the repeating error messages to bring it under 3MB and then had to rename the extension to txt. I love your products, but you don't make it easy to provide you with the log files.

BTW - the Channel map is stunning. And I love the detail around Dover. Makes it very enjoyable to fly a helicopter around there in VR.

I don't have a clue unfortunately. But I am wondering about your frames - it states that you have around 27 FPS (Tacview is reporting it at the end of the log file). You are in VR, right? What is the resolution of the Reverb (I have the Rift S, so don't know a lot about the Reverb)? I am just asking because it is strange that you are only getting these kind of frames. Are you running any PD on the Reberb, I mean any higher PD than original?

What is the resolution of the Reverb (I have the Rift S, so don't know a lot about the Reverb)? I am just asking because it is strange that you are only getting these kind of frames. Are you running any PD on the Reberb, I mean any higher PD than original?

Did some testing and it appears to be the Gazelle and this map. Taking off from Dover Castle my frames dropped to 1! I turned off both shadow settings and they went up to 5-10.

I changed to the Huey, and was getting around 30 FPS.

In the other maps I get a variable 35-40 FPS.

Before DCS updated earlier this year I used to get a rock solid 35 FPS (which equals 70 FPS). That was with all graphics settings on high and with shadows. Would get no stutters and it was as smooth as.

Now I have to reduce my graphics settings and turn off shadows for lesser performance.

i9 12900KS, ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 APEX, 64 GB DDR5 4700 mhz, ASUS RTX4090, Water cooled, C - NVME SSD, 😧 DCS on SSD, TM HOTAS Warthog Stick & Throttle, Crosswind rudder Pedals, 2 x Thrustmaster MFDs on LCD Screens, Varjo Aero VR, Logitech game controller