Winwing export eating cpu cycles

VirusAM

As mentioned before, I do NOT have, nor ever have had the Vsync option enabled in DCS as you are indicating.

The only thing I did to get the Winwing script from eating my FPS was to change the Nvidia Control Panel setting [Vertical Sync] option from 'Use the 3D application setting' to the 'Fast' option and save. That is all.

I assume you are from Wingwing support?

---

PC: Windows 10 Pro X64, AMD FX8120 8 Core @ ~4.0GHz, 32GB DDR3-1600, GTX 1080 8Gb, 1 TB EVO 860 SSD | Displays: 3 Dell HD 1920x1080 @ 5520x1080 windowed ||| Hardware : TM Warthog HOTAS Stick+Throttle | 3x TM Cougar MFD's | WW Combat Panel | WW Landing Panel ||| Mods: F/A-18C | F-16 | P51-D | UH-1H | C130-J | NTTR | Persian Gulf | Syria | Channel | Normandy | WWII Assets | Super Carrier | Combined Arms

8 hours ago, Noluck said:

As mentioned before, I do NOT have, nor ever have had the Vsync option enabled in DCS as you are indicating.

The only thing I did to get the Winwing script from eating my FPS was to change the Nvidia Control Panel setting [Vertical Sync] option from 'Use the 3D application setting' to the 'Fast' option and save. That is all.

---

Mate, He just wants you to do a test, that's all!!!

Ryzen 9 7950X3D - MSI MAG X670E TomaHawk MB, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 AIO

64gig Corsair DDR5@6000, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 AORUS

Winwing Super Taurus, Orion2, TO / Combat panels, Collective with Topgun MIP

Winwing Skywalker pedals, NLR Boeing Mil Edition Simpit, Trackir

8 hours ago, Noluck said:

---

I got it.And I'm responsible for tracking the problem.

But the result is unexpected.In my side,It can promote some FPS while just disable the DCSvsync and Nvidia setting to be default option [Use the 3D application setting].

If possible,could you please let me remote to your pc to do some tests?

Regard,

• 3 months later...

Maybe rezzing a dead thread, but have the same issue with the script and finally tracked it back to make VR workable. CPU frametimes were through the roof.
Maybe Ill try messing with the update rate but this was driving me crazy until I found some threads on this.

I have Ryzen 5800X and 6900XT.

I got my panels this weekend and yesterday I was going nuts trying to figure out why my performance went down the toilet. I tried all sort of stuff for hours, until I deleted the scripts and all back to normal. Should I found this thread earlier I would have not spent those hours investigating what was wrong 🙂 I can live with no lights sync in my panels, as I use them in VR only, but seriously, WW needs to address this. A simple thing such as syncronizing a peripheral with a game shouldn't eat so many resources...

• 2 weeks later...

You guys with this issue want to retest? Looks like the latest update has made some major changes in how Simappro utilises PC resources.

• 2 weeks later...

This might be your TrackIr issue.....

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/26/2021 at 8:43 PM, MustangSally said:

This might be your TrackIr issue.....

Thanks for the input,

I should have elaborated more on my situation.

My framedrop occurs universally(I capped it at 100fps but with winwing export, it's now 35fps). Not by just looking around.

I didn't have that problem before winwing export.lua. I had to comment out the two winwing lines.

Now I just keep Simapp pro running in the background without lua exports, just for panel light dim controls. 

I don't get APU or A/A, A/G, and stores lights, but other than that, everything works pretty well.

Edited by m005106

11 hours ago, m005106 said:

Thanks for the input,

I should have elaborated more on my situation.

My framedrop occurs universally(I capped it at 100fps but with winwing export, it's now 35fps). Not by just looking around.

I didn't have that problem before winwing export.lua. I had to comment out the two winwing lines.

Now I just keep Simapp pro running in the background without lua exports, just for panel light dim controls. 

I don't get APU or A/A, A/G, and stores lights, but other than that, everything works pretty well.

I have all my panels and throttle setup in Simappro and have no issues with framerate, none!

• 1 month later...

I had contact with Winwing and they came pretty fast with an update of the SimAppPro to version 1.6.27 (beta) what solved almost every FPS impact to DCS. They gave me also the hint, what file to modify to reduce the impact even more.

It´s all about the file \SimAppPro\resources\app.asar.unpacked\Events\wwt\wwtExport.lua

Now I can enjoy the flights with good FPS an all the advantages of the hardware (illuminating buttons)

1642643712547.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

21 hours ago, Urban-Fighter said:

I had contact with Winwing and they came pretty fast with an update of the SimAppPro to version 1.6.27 (beta) what solved almost every FPS impact to DCS. They gave me also the hint, what file to modify to reduce the impact even more.

It´s all about the file \SimAppPro\resources\app.asar.unpacked\Events\wwt\wwtExport.lua

Now I can enjoy the flights with good FPS an all the advantages of the hardware (illuminating buttons)

1642643712547.png

It did resolve the fps issue to some degree, but it screwed up another function. The Select jett dial and wingfold dial on the take off panel is showing erratic behavior. Try truning  the knob and it will just cycle through on its own. It becomes more so if lowering the above winwing.interval value. If the value is too small, fps stutters occur. If the value is big, erratic knobs. 

I just deleted the script altogether again.

• 2 weeks later...

Just some general advice.
Remove exports and live without them. That includes "Taxview". The one i will allow is SRS, thats it. The rest are FPS theives. You will see, test in multiplayer where it all hurts. For Single Player, most of this crap goes unobserved.
Then ED takes the blame for something someone originally copied, without understanding what it does.

That's all.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

6 hours ago, Pikey said:

Just some general advice.
Remove exports and live without them. That includes "Taxview". The one i will allow is SRS, thats it. The rest are FPS theives. You will see, test in multiplayer where it all hurts. For Single Player, most of this crap goes unobserved.
Then ED takes the blame for something someone originally copied, without understanding what it does.

That's all.

Not here....have Simappro, DCS Bios, SRS and Tacview running and get on average over 70fps. That's in MP btw.

On 2/3/2022 at 10:18 PM, MustangSally said:

Not here....have Simappro, DCS Bios, SRS and Tacview running and get on average over 70fps. That's in MP btw.

On the MP and server in question what is the Tacview line for CPU saying out of interest?

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

On 7/12/2021 at 6:00 PM, MustangSally said:

Mate, He just wants you to do a test, that's all!!!

Your response combined with your profile picture is so perfect.lol 

System Specs: 13900K, Strix Z790 Gaming E, MSI 4090 Sprim Liquid X  OC'd, 64gb Gskill Trident Z DDR5, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 SSD,. Winwing throttle, Winwing panels/MIPs and VKB GF3/MCGU stick, MFG Crosswind V2, HP REVERB G2.

I can confirm this is still a problem. I have been away from DCS for a year or so but bought a Reverb G2 and started flying again. After dialing in my settings it was running really smooth and I was happy ! I also started with IL-2 but when I returned to DCS after two weeks I had a 25 FPS drop and bizar CPU frame times. It took me 3 hours before I thought about this script problem that I had a year before.... I renamed my scripts folder and everything was smooth again.

Reason ? I bought the take off and combat panels so I had to run SimAppPro again and that messed up my frame times. Really stupid, I am running a 12900K and CPU utilisation is around 10% but the CPU frame times are through the roof.

Something with a Donkey and a stone.... 

Still no issue with me....I don't use VR though

On 2/14/2022 at 2:11 AM, MustangSally said:

Still no issue with me....I don't use VR though

You're like a broken record. You keep ignoring the fact that some people want more than 60 fps.

My controls & seat

Main controls: , BRD-N v4 Flightstick (Kreml C5 controller), TM Warthog Throttle (Kreml F3 controller), BRD-F2 Restyling Bf-109 Pedals w. damper, TrackIR5, Gametrix KW-908 (integrated into RAV4 seat)

Stick grips:

Thrustmaster Warthog

Thrustmaster Cougar (x2)

Thrustmaster F-16 FLCS

BRD KG13

Standby controls:

BRD-M2 Mi-8 Pedals (Ruddermaster controller)

BRD-N v3 Flightstick w. exch. grip upgrade (Kreml C5 controller)

Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle

Pilot seat

4 hours ago, The LT said:

You're like a broken record. You keep ignoring the fact that some people want more than 60 fps.

You aren't part of of this conversation and you don't own any WW gear. Ridiculous comment!!

Edited by MustangSally

11 hours ago, MustangSally said:

You aren't part of of this conversation and you don't own any WW gear. Ridiculous comment!!

I've literally posted my Taurus/PTO/PCR setup a couple of weeks ago on ww hotas discord. Focus, man, focus!

Oh, and grow up. This is a public forum. Now go read through the wwexport.lua and see why it is lagging.

My controls & seat

Main controls: , BRD-N v4 Flightstick (Kreml C5 controller), TM Warthog Throttle (Kreml F3 controller), BRD-F2 Restyling Bf-109 Pedals w. damper, TrackIR5, Gametrix KW-908 (integrated into RAV4 seat)

Stick grips:

Thrustmaster Warthog

Thrustmaster Cougar (x2)

Thrustmaster F-16 FLCS

BRD KG13

Standby controls:

BRD-M2 Mi-8 Pedals (Ruddermaster controller)

BRD-N v3 Flightstick w. exch. grip upgrade (Kreml C5 controller)

Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle

Pilot seat

Boy, thanks for this post!  I couldn't figure out why my brand new prebuilt gaming rig, Ryzen 7 5800 8' Core processor and Radeon RX 6900 XT was only giving me average 58 fps.  With medium settings.  Got everything maxed(almost) now and getting 88 average.  Great!  Maybe I should try messing with the 'interval' setting in the wwtExport lua.  I'd like to see the lights synced but can live without it for 30 plus extra fps.  Thanks OP!

So again for a amateur like me: What exactly have I to do with those 2 lines in the export.lua file? And how can I open and edit the file?

I have a winwing super taurus/libra HOTAS from winwing. My FPS are not there, where they should be!

Thanks!

• 3 months later...

I just ran into this because I was only getting about 10fps with three additions to export.lua: SimAppPro/WinWing, MotionSysems, and SimShaker. I thought it was a MotionSystems problem, but when I played with it more, I found out that it is the order of the lines in export.lua that mattered. If SimAppPro is listed first, I was getting 10fps. If it is listed last, I get 90-100fps. If I turn SimAppPro completely off, I get 125-135fps (this is all at 4K with a 3090). This is SimAppPro 1.7.23_Beta.

See my Sig....Simappro first before DCS bios, Simshaker and Tacview. I'm at a constant 80 to 90fps