Winwing export eating cpu cycles

VirusAM

Well, I tried again and I'm still having the issue.

Panels + Orion 1 throttle (Orion 2 is ordered 🙂 )

I use DCS-BIOS and StreamDeck plugin.

Everything is running like a charm until I engage the winwing script lines.

To be honest it is not a problem for now because I can live without the sync.

But there is a Hornet UFC in the works and they said it will rely on Simappro to be synced to DCS.

They'd better get this solved before the release or they will get a nasty backlash ...

• Like 1

20 hours ago, 84-Simba said:

Well, I tried again and I'm still having the issue.

Panels + Orion 1 throttle (Orion 2 is ordered 🙂 )

I use DCS-BIOS and StreamDeck plugin.

Everything is running like a charm until I engage the winwing script lines.

To be honest it is not a problem for now because I can live without the sync.

But there is a Hornet UFC in the works and they said it will rely on Simappro to be synced to DCS.

They'd better get this solved before the release or they will get a nasty backlash ...

VR or TrackIr? You may also want to check your nVidia control panel and set [Vertical Sync] option from 'Use the 3D application setting' to the 'Fast' option and save....only if you have an nVidia graphics card of course?

Ryzen 9 7950X3D - MSI MAG X670E TomaHawk MB, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 AIO

64gig Corsair DDR5@6000, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 AORUS

Winwing Super Taurus, Orion2, TO / Combat panels, Collective with Topgun MIP

Winwing Skywalker pedals, NLR Boeing Mil Edition Simpit, Trackir

3 hours ago, 84-Simba said:

TrackIr ... and using AMD.

Log a ticket with WinWing

• 3 weeks later...

Got the F16-EX Stick yesterday and experienced the wrath of the ww export lua on my FPS. I didn't even bother checking what my frame rate dropped to as it was clearly in unplayable territory compared to what I'm used to (just under 50-60, monitor is at 60hz). I knew there was an interval value to check, but didn't get into that last night so I will check that today and see if I can improve. It's a bad design for SimappPro to believe it should modify Explort.lua on startup without manual user action or confirmation. I commented it out, and was disappointed to see they inserted more lines putting it back rather than understand I didn't want it there. Essentially any time I might use the app to configure or examine my joystick, I have to remember to also fix Export.lua or else the next mission I load will run terribly and I'll end up reloading again. I have it in mind to misdirect SimappPro about where DCS is installed just to break this functionaliy.

Overall, I just kind of want to mess with rumble, but I don't know how much I'll care for it. Most of the conditions it is useful for I have no issues detecting via audio and visual cues (shaking, actual aircraft audio warnings, or listening to the air flow). The stick was a clear choice for me based on buttons alone. If I had the Takeoff and Combat panels and needed SimappPro running for LED control, I'd be disappointed. I use ViLA for Virpil panel LED control and couldn't be happier how functional and lightweight it is.

CPU: 5950x || Memory: 64GB || GPU: RTX 4090

Input: Virpil CM3, TM F/A-18 Grip on Virpil WarBRD base, WW F-16EX grip on TM Warthog base, Virpil CP1 and CP2, Cougar MFD x2 / w CubeSim screens, StreamDeck XL x2, StreamDeck 15-key, TrackIR5

17 hours ago, EbonySeraphim said:

Got the F16-EX Stick yesterday and experienced the wrath of the ww export lua on my FPS. I didn't even bother checking what my frame rate dropped to as it was clearly in unplayable territory compared to what I'm used to (just under 50-60, monitor is at 60hz). I knew there was an interval value to check, but didn't get into that last night so I will check that today and see if I can improve. It's a bad design for SimappPro to believe it should modify Explort.lua on startup without manual user action or confirmation. I commented it out, and was disappointed to see they inserted more lines putting it back rather than understand I didn't want it there. Essentially any time I might use the app to configure or examine my joystick, I have to remember to also fix Export.lua or else the next mission I load will run terribly and I'll end up reloading again. I have it in mind to misdirect SimappPro about where DCS is installed just to break this functionaliy.

Overall, I just kind of want to mess with rumble, but I don't know how much I'll care for it. Most of the conditions it is useful for I have no issues detecting via audio and visual cues (shaking, actual aircraft audio warnings, or listening to the air flow). The stick was a clear choice for me based on buttons alone. If I had the Takeoff and Combat panels and needed SimappPro running for LED control, I'd be disappointed. I use ViLA for Virpil panel LED control and couldn't be happier how functional and lightweight it is.

After you comment out the lines in the export Lua, make it read only. That will keep simappro from writing to it again when you open the simappro program to do adjustments. 

• Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AMP WIZARD "Forest Gumble" "When the air becomes electric....It's like a box of chocolates":captain:

Windows 11 Pro 64 bit | Intel Alder Lake i7 12700KF | Asus Prime Z690M Plus D4 | CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 64GB (2 x 32GB) DDR4 3200 | EVGA GTX 1070 SC @1594MHz/4000 MHz 8GB | 1x42" Multi Touch Screen and 1x27" 4k widescreen | Saitek x52 Pro |

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/20/2022 at 7:28 AM, Urban-Fighter said:

I had contact with Winwing and they came pretty fast with an update of the SimAppPro to version 1.6.27 (beta) what solved almost every FPS impact to DCS. They gave me also the hint, what file to modify to reduce the impact even more.

It´s all about the file \SimAppPro\resources\app.asar.unpacked\Events\wwt\wwtExport.lua

Now I can enjoy the flights with good FPS an all the advantages of the hardware (illuminating buttons)

1642643712547.png

Having just got an F-16EX I was having issues and this thread has been great!  

One correction on the above example... 0.01 gives 10 FPS and 0.1 gives much higher rates, probably closer to 100.

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/14/2022 at 2:16 PM, MustangSally said:

See my Sig....Simappro first before DCS bios, Simshaker and Tacview. I'm at a constant 80 to 90fps

What do you mean by "Sig", and where exactly can I see it?  Thanks very much!

4 minutes ago, WS said:

What do you mean by "Sig", and where exactly can I see it?  Thanks very much!

Signature

Does the DCS-BIOS line has anything to do with the Streamdeck Export in the Export.lua? I just noticed I had that line in there, dont know when it appeared or what it is used with. I removed it and nothing changed so idk.

7 hours ago, Pekins said:

Does the DCS-BIOS line has anything to do with the Streamdeck Export in the Export.lua? I just noticed I had that line in there, dont know when it appeared or what it is used with. I removed it and nothing changed so idk.

Stream Deck does not use DCS-Bios

9 hours ago, MustangSally said:

Stream Deck does not use DCS-Bios

It can.

If you use the DCS Plugin for Streamdeck.

But it is not directly related.

DCS Bios is just export scripts so that external gear or apps can interact with DCS, like :

Steamdeck,

TekCreation UFCs and panels

39 minutes ago, 84-Simba said:

It can.

If you use the DCS Plugin for Streamdeck.

But it is not directly related.

DCS Bios is just export scripts so that external gear or apps can interact with DCS, like :

Steamdeck,

TekCreation UFCs and panels

You don't need to explain....I use TekCreation panels

For those who are experiencing severe FPS drops, then this may help....

38 minutes ago, 84-Simba said:

Though you said something wrong.

And we are not the only two in this discussion.

Cheers.

Whatever mate!

3 hours ago, MustangSally said:

I use the throttle, startup panel, combat panel, and takeoff panel. However, I primarily fly in VR. So, I don't normally use SimAppPro unless I want or need or firmware update. But it is nice to see someone may finally have found a solution to this problem. I intend to get the entire Hornet MFD/UFC front panel complete with displays, so it would be great to be able to run SimAppPro whenever I want to fly with a 2-d panel/TrackIR to enjoy the displays and lights without a major performance hit.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

4 hours ago, MustangSally said:

Anyway.

You say you are using TekCreation panels.

Do you use them as just input box or you use the DCS Bios sync AND the Simappro sync alltogether ?

Because so far I haven't been able to use both.

F/A-18 UFC and F-16 ICP plus hornet warning panel using DCS-Bios with Simappro....Export.lua below

local wwtlfs=require('lfs')
dofile(wwtlfs.writedir()..'Scripts/wwt/wwtExport.lua')
BIOS = {}; BIOS.LuaScriptDir = [[C:\Program Files\DCS-BIOS\dcs-lua\]]; BIOS.PluginDir = [[C:\Users\phill\AppData\Roaming/DCS-BIOS/Plugins\]]; if lfs.attributes(BIOS.LuaScriptDir..[[BIOS.lua]]) ~= nil then dofile(BIOS.LuaScriptDir..[[BIOS.lua]]) end --[[DCS-BIOS Automatic Setup]]
local SimShakerlfs=require('lfs'); dofile(SimShakerlfs.writedir()..'Scripts/SimShaker.lua')
dofile(lfs.writedir()..[[Scripts\SimShaker-export-core\ExportCore.lua]])
local Tacviewlfs=require('lfs');dofile(Tacviewlfs.writedir()..'Scripts/TacviewGameExport.lua')

pcall(function() local dcsSr=require('lfs');dofile(dcsSr.writedir()..[[Mods\Services\DCS-SRS\Scripts\DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone.lua]]); end,nil);

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, MustangSally said:

F/A-18 UFC and F-16 ICP plus hornet warning panel using DCS-Bios with Simappro....Export.lua below

local wwtlfs=require('lfs')
dofile(wwtlfs.writedir()..'Scripts/wwt/wwtExport.lua')
BIOS = {}; BIOS.LuaScriptDir = [[C:\Program Files\DCS-BIOS\dcs-lua\]]; BIOS.PluginDir = [[C:\Users\phill\AppData\Roaming/DCS-BIOS/Plugins\]]; if lfs.attributes(BIOS.LuaScriptDir..[[BIOS.lua]]) ~= nil then dofile(BIOS.LuaScriptDir..[[BIOS.lua]]) end --[[DCS-BIOS Automatic Setup]]
local SimShakerlfs=require('lfs'); dofile(SimShakerlfs.writedir()..'Scripts/SimShaker.lua')
dofile(lfs.writedir()..[[Scripts\SimShaker-export-core\ExportCore.lua]])
local Tacviewlfs=require('lfs');dofile(Tacviewlfs.writedir()..'Scripts/TacviewGameExport.lua')

pcall(function() local dcsSr=require('lfs');dofile(dcsSr.writedir()..[[Mods\Services\DCS-SRS\Scripts\DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone.lua]]); end,nil);

Cool, thank you.

I may have some things to delete because I don't have SRS nor Tacview.

Can you post the lua file directly because I suspect the page formatting has messed up the code a little bit ?

Edited by 84-Simba

Thanks @MustangSallyfor sharing the video of the fix. For others battling this issue I think you will find great success with the outlined steps in the video, its a small 1 line change to a lua file that differs from existing known solutions such as commenting out the lua file. 

This fix address the issue in the lua file and allows the vibration, apu lights, etc to work while taking no impact to FPS. I have contacted Winwing Support about this in hopes their Tech Team can validate the solution and implement on their end. In the meantime, here is the fix:

Video Here

Steps

1. Open this file in text editor (eg notepad++ , visual code etc)

C:/Users/YOUR_USERNAME/Saved Games/DCS.openbeta/Scripts/wwt/wwtNetwork.lua

2. Edit line 18:

w_net.net:settimeout(.001)

(By passing a value other than 0, the existing call is blocking the main CPU thread which causes the stutters + CPU spikes).

3. Change line 18 to:

w_net.net:settimeout(0)

(This makes the network call non-blocking, which is what solves the CPU spikes)

4. Also the current export rate of 30ms or 33Hz is way too fast. You can modify the `_winwing.interval=.1` which is 10Hz and more practical. This is done in /Scripts/wwt/wwtExport.lua

4. SimApp Pro will continue to overwrite these anytime you reboot or run SimApp Pro so until Winwing adds these, then you must do each time.

5. Test DCS by loading up a mission and hitting RCTRL + Pause to see FPS. Ensure it is relatively smooth, or use any other program to track performance and confirm the fix. Your vibration, apu lights, etc will also remain functional with this fix. 

If you find it works please leave a comment or reply so others can see! 

Edited by prestonflying
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, prestonflying said:

Thanks @MustangSallyfor sharing the video of the fix. For others battling this issue I think you will find great success with the outlined steps in the video, its a small 1 line change to a lua file that differs from existing known solutions such as commenting out the lua file. 

This fix address the issue in the lua file and allows the vibration, apu lights, etc to work while taking no impact to FPS. I have contacted Winwing Support about this in hopes their Tech Team can validate the solution and implement on their end. In the meantime, here is the fix:

Video Here

Steps

1. Open this file in text editor (eg notepad++ , visual code etc)

C:/Users/YOUR_USERNAME/Saved Games/DCS.openbeta/Scripts/wwt/wwtNetwork.lua

2. Edit line 18:

w_net.net:settimeout(.001)

(By passing a value other than 0, the existing call is blocking the main CPU thread which causes the stutters + CPU spikes).

3. Change line 18 to:

w_net.net:settimeout(0)

(This makes the network call non-blocking, which is what solves the CPU spikes)

4. Save file and ensure the date modified reflects the change. Sometimes Winwing will override this file which undoes the fix, keep an eye out and re-add until this is officially implemented by Winwing.

5. Test DCS by loading up a mission and hitting RCTRL + Pause to see FPS. Ensure it is relatively smooth, or use any other program to track performance and confirm the fix. Your vibration, apu lights, etc will also remain functional with this fix. 

If you find it works please leave a comment or reply so others can see! 

Testing this fix last night caused issues with the Takeoff and Combat panels. Indicator lights would not sync. Sometimes they would and other times wouldn't.

On 8/5/2022 at 5:11 PM, MustangSally said:

Testing this fix last night caused issues with the Takeoff and Combat panels. Indicator lights would not sync. Sometimes they would and other times wouldn't.

I am not sure these two are related. I recently got combat and takeoff panels, and I am suffering with the sync issue intermittently. I opened a case with WW, but so far not really getting anywhere. I came to this thread to seek hints.

• Thanks 1