Ground radar target handoff

peter

Is functionality in place yet for the ground radar to hand off a target to the Litening pod for a maverick shot or GBU yet or do we just have basic ground return functions at this point? Thanks and great job on the ground radar ED!

At this moment you do not get targets on radar scope. So what you only do is designate a position on radar where to point TPOD.

Later on with new A-G radar modes like GMT1, you can start to see some targets, designate them and then get it to sleeved for more accurately on other sensors/weapons.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Are you sure? I set up a mission with 12 BTR 80s and saw small rectangles on the ground radar within 5 miles. Very faint painting though. Persian Gulf map on a road. If i can figure out how to post a track I will do so after I verify my findings.

Are you sure? I set up a mission with 12 BTR 80s and saw small rectangles on the ground radar within 5 miles. Very faint painting though. Persian Gulf map on a road. If i can figure out how to post a track I will do so after I verify my findings.

You can see targets, it's just not locking the target. Its locking a coordinate. The target can move, and the designation will remain in the same spot.

It's like area track vs point track in the TGP. Right now the A/G rad is r will only do area track.

This is the advantage I see of having the A/G radar. Locate objects quickly over a large area, and quickly slew the TGP onto it for VID and fine tuning the target designation.

Currently objects aren't very distinguishable but with the implementation EXP and GMT this will improve.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

This is the advantage I see of having the A/G radar. Locate objects quickly over a large area, and quickly slew the TGP onto it for VID and fine tuning the target designation.

Currently objects aren't very distinguishable but with the implementation EXP and GMT this will improve.

You have now learnt why AG radar isn't used really at all on hornet IRL.

476th Discord   |    476th Website    |    Swift Youtube
Ryzen 5800x, RTX 4070ti, 64GB, Quest 2

You have now learnt why AG radar isn't used really at all on hornet IRL.

Correction to that:

"You have now learnt why AG radar isn't used really at all on US hornet IRL."

RCAF Hornets trained for and used the AG radar. The type of mission that would make use of the AG radar was done by other platforms in the US military (namely the F-15E).