MFG 3d printed combat pedals

A little OT from the new combat pedals, but I'm now experimenting with both the hydraulic damper mod many install on the MFGs, as well as keeping the spring connected. I like the dampened feel, but unless you set the spring tension very high, the pedals don't return to center on their own.

It's tricky, because for helicopters, no spring and damper is the way to go. But for WWII fixed-wing, the spring is the best way (short of FFB pedals) to simulate the aerodynamic forces acting on the rudder. I may just have to live with disconnecting and reconnecting the spring when I switch between rotary and fixed wing.

Yeah, I'm the same.

I wonder if Hegykc could make a mod - something similar to his cool front adjustment screw knob that allowed you to (keeping the spring attached at the back end) and pull the knob out from the front with the spring attached to it.

That would save a lot of hassle going under my sim pit to disconnect each time.

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

Lange, I do not know what you mean by the pivot axis stays the same height.

If you lower the pedals the lever position of the pedals changes. This means that you need to apply a bit more force on top of the pedals to make them pivot because the lever changed accordingly.

Not every wheel fits every chair Aurelius.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

Vector, if you are decent at machining, there are several options you can take to rework the damper. If you are not, there are many types of dampers on the market in a wide range of resistances.

I have an adjustable damper,and am pretty happy with the resistance to my foot pressure. It's more an issue of trying to get the spring tension right so that I don't lose that feel but still have the recentering I want.

The real solution I think is to have some way of switching between spring (for fixed wing) and damper (for rotary) without too much effort. I'm playing with a few ideas, and if I settle on anything that works well, I'll share of course.

• 4 weeks later...
I think mine has become a victim of the USPS. Is there a “latest” version for the f16 style that I can jump to front of list? :-)

I'm still waiting on the lastest version also, hopefully, they will arrive soon.

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

• 2 weeks later...

After using these for a while I really like them

Design is good they are sturdy and strong and work well

It is easy enough to adjust the footrest positions, tried in several different configurations but settled on the lowest position and closest to the centre

I like them a lot I fly a lot of helcopters in DCS mainly mi-8 so a lot a pedal use is needed

I would suggest that any newer revisions, would it be possible to make them narrower (reduce the width of the footrests)

Finish needed a little sanding in some parts

Really great work :thumbup:

Here is a picture of them mounted in my DIY simpit

e8HFFg8.jpg eab11bf1-83c0-4f55-a2fa-729009c2777f

Edited by HC_Official

No more pre-orders

Click here for tutorials for using Virpil Hardware and Software

Click here for Virpil Flight equipment dimensions and pictures.

• 2 weeks later...
Whats the status on this? I given up on the USA delivery for beta tests and perfectly fine with my $ going to help spread the dev costs... I’d like to know these may be finalized and ready for purchase though.

+1

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

Apparently some overseas packets are not coming through, some are. I used the cheapest possible shipping option with no tracking, but it did say Priority Air, though.

But no worries. I have people setting up to print these on a license. They are still setting up, so I will use tracked shipping to send out the final version to those of you who didn't receive their packet. When you receive double or triple foot rests, feel free to give the old ones away.

I will keep those who stuck with me through this pandemic shipping chaos, on a serve-first list for the rest of my line up:

Replika-1.jpg

4.jpg

Spade-grip-1.jpg

PGHS2018.jpg

Thanks for the quick response and update.

Spoiler:

• 2 weeks later...
Apparently some overseas packets are not coming through, some are. I used the cheapest possible shipping option with no tracking, but it did say Priority Air, though.

But no worries. I have people setting up to print these on a license. They are still setting up, so I will use tracked shipping to send out the final version to those of you who didn't receive their packet. When you receive double or triple foot rests, feel free to give the old ones away.

I will keep those who stuck with me through this pandemic shipping chaos, on a serve-first list for the rest of my line up:

Replika-1.jpg

4.jpg

Spade-grip-1.jpg

PGHS2018.jpg

Hi, how could be possible to have/order Your pedals?

Thx.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi hegykc. As I think I had a pretty early version of the pedals, this feedback may no longer be helpful, but just in case: I have found that use of the brakes over time has led to some cracking in the pedals near the mounting bolts. You shipped my pedals in early June, so I think that area has been reinforced in later versions?

Do you have a timeframe for when you expect to have your finished version available? Again, thanks for all the great work on these and your other projects!

Yes there were 2-3 versions since the original ones. I've been sending them out weekly as people report old versions broken. Will add you to the next batch.

Final version has a support bracket, 4 bolts instead of 2, and 50% more material so they don't crack anymore:

13.jpg

But before I put them up for public sale there is 1 more thing I'd like to try. And that is a laser cut metal plate under the whole foot rest. I have a pair coming in and will report how it goes.

EDIT: also I've tested out the damper and mounting parts are ready to try out if anyone's interested.

Cool job you've done there.

I'm fine without the damper since i have the spring force set to almost minimum. Just enough so the pedals return to neutral.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

EDIT: also I've tested out the damper and mounting parts are ready to try out if anyone's interested.
I would be interested in trying this

Away from PC - sent using Tapatalk

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

Yes there were 2-3 versions since the original ones. I've been sending them out weekly as people report old versions broken. Will add you to the next batch.

Final version has a support bracket, 4 bolts instead of 2, and 50% more material so they don't crack anymore:

13.jpg

But before I put them up for public sale there is 1 more thing I'd like to try. And that is a laser cut metal plate under the whole foot rest. I have a pair coming in and will report how it goes.

I’ll give the damper a test if you’d like, also.

13.jpg

Awesome, thanks!

One day, mine will turn up!

Ryzen 9 7950X3D - MSI MAG X670E TomaHawk MB, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 AIO

64gig Corsair DDR5@6000, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 AORUS

Winwing Super Taurus, Orion2, TO / Combat panels, Collective with Topgun MIP

Winwing Skywalker pedals, NLR Boeing Mil Edition Simpit, Trackir

Looking great.

I’ve been trying different ideas for being able to quickly swap between helos and planes by keeping the spring attached at the rear and simply removing the spring at the front. Obviously I’ll make a new thread in order not clutter yours and post some pics there.

Also, did you manage to get your website or Facebook page up and running?

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

• 2 weeks later...

13.jpg

The damper and those pedals I think will add realism and this has finally tipped me away from waiting for more stock of the TPR pedals.

Looking at these I was thinking I would build a carbon base plate to anchor them to. Happy to share some photos. Is shipping to New Zealand doable do you think?

The damper and those pedals I think will add realism and this has finally tipped me away from waiting for more stock of the TPR pedals.

Looking at these I was thinking I would build a carbon base plate to anchor them to. Happy to share some photos. Is shipping to New Zealand doable do you think?

Well mine were sent 2 mths ago but as yet not received. In Aus btw.

Ryzen 9 7950X3D - MSI MAG X670E TomaHawk MB, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 AIO

64gig Corsair DDR5@6000, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 AORUS

Winwing Super Taurus, Orion2, TO / Combat panels, Collective with Topgun MIP

Winwing Skywalker pedals, NLR Boeing Mil Edition Simpit, Trackir

Don't see any new PMs so I PMed you guys.

Well mine were sent 2 mths ago but as yet not received. In Aus btw.

Yeah AU was a problem since shipping there was completely closed for a few months, no packages and no envelopes. Was re-opened in September, but if they haven't arrived yet I will send you another envelope since there was a design change in that time anyway.

• 1 month later...

I received my set of the final version today (12/28/2020) and they work great!

Edited by Outlaw24

Spoiler: