View not stable when zoomed in

When I zoom (Zoom axis) the view stutters, almost like it's between two "acceptable" zoom levels, so it zooms rapidly in and out by a little. I use TrackIR, not sure if that has anything to do with it, this happens consistently when I zoom in on the DDI/MFCD (mostly where I zoom, so it's where i notice it).

Gear

TM Warthog | TM MFD | Buddyfox UFC | Logitech G Pro Flight Rudder | TrackIr 5 | Oculus CV1 | Voiceattack+VAICOM | Tacview | Comatflite | too many modules

Do you have a hotas axis mapped to the zoom? I believe what you are seeing is noise in the controller sensor. If so, search the DCS input forum for custom controller curves that essentially create a step function for zoom so that within given range input you get the same value of zoom. I think I set mine up with 5 levels of zoom.

Ryzen 5950x PBO | MSI RTX 3090 | 32gb 3600 RAM | 2 x SSD | Quest 3 | TM Warthog

Do you have a hotas axis mapped to the zoom? I believe what you are seeing is noise in the controller sensor. If so, search the DCS input forum for custom controller curves that essentially create a step function for zoom so that within given range input you get the same value of zoom. I think I set mine up with 5 levels of zoom.
Yes i have, would hope TM warthog would use more quality products, but reasonable after five years I guess. Thanks though, will check it out when I got time

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

Gear

TM Warthog | TM MFD | Buddyfox UFC | Logitech G Pro Flight Rudder | TrackIr 5 | Oculus CV1 | Voiceattack+VAICOM | Tacview | Comatflite | too many modules

I have the same since the patch in OB yesterday. Zoom axis is laggy and stuttering and sometimes doesnt respond for several seconds, or even at all until I change it a little more, while the rest of the game, including head tracking remains fluid. Tested in F14. The wheel I use on my hotas to control zoom works perfectly fine, thats not causing it.

Edited by Vertigo72