How to make the map do what you want

Pikey

Quick guide/stimulus for mission creation for The Channel map.

So perhaps you want to recreate one of the 20+ raids on a famous German Liquid Oxygen factory or... 'whatever else' but when you start researching it you realise there are some generic buildings not looking quite the target you expected.

It's very simple to rearrange the map a bit in some cases. I'll do it fast with pictures.

In most cases you can eventually find the target locations because you have Google maps, coordinates and so on. But the main issue is creating the target to be less generic.

Well the tools Scenery removal and scenery destruction do a pretty good job. Then some imagination from object static placement and you are done.

In this example I found the Liquid Oxygen factory the Third Reich were intending to create LOX and store V2's from locally. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blockhaus_d%27%C3%89perlecques

It is just a cut in the trees with generic domestic buildings at in the map. First, we remove the buildings, leaving a blank canvas. Ironically, I wanted some rubble too, so I mixed a Scenery remove all, with a Scenery destruction zone and got a hybrid of open area and a few rubble patches.

Then you can combine statics that appear like things they are not.

- Cargo 'Trunks long', 'Trunks short' and 'Pipes long' These are great for building construction items. Copy and paste.

- The Static 'Outpost' - can look like a half contructed building

- You can merge statics into the same space. 'small warehouse 3' I got some sort of half-built concrete thing.

- Scatter some trucks, misalign things, check nothing is hanging in the air and you have something that is strongly representative of what it was, for the purposes of having a target.

It's probably good enough for a low level flyover, for 25,000 feet, it is perfect. And let's face it, the RAF had no idea what was going on here, but figured, if it was worth so much trouble to build, they needed to put as much effort into bombing it twice a month for a year.

I'm still tuning AI for this but I'll attach the miz when I get there.

1192457345_Blockhausdperlecques-Wikipedia.thumb.png.c2ac39969b02db0028febd92e46e356f.png

wattenlowlevel1944.thumb.png.656c99b7a5caa1bd88934287f7baa758.png

wattenMap.thumb.png.a0d7b52db34105a255411dcb3ad72fd0.png

wattenActual.thumb.jpg.af2275c078e8e6e7bcce1c918c6d85e1.jpg

wattenLOX.thumb.jpg.e98c705c3f8c4e2ef67a407eb3a31872.jpg

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

I like your approach, thanks for sharing.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Thanks for sharing

Was watching a program about the Blockhouse a few days ago and how it was built, knocked down and rebuilt a few times.

Interesting building technique used to get it built in real life too

Sons of Dogs, Come Eat Flesh

Clan Cameron

• 3 weeks later...

Or, we could make our own.

Added to Pikey's idea, (I like it!)

Add Suntsag's V-2 mod.......

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=273049

Then make this,

Blockhaus-Mod1.jpg

Or this,

Blockhaus-Mod2.jpg

Cheers!

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

• 1 year later...

Did you ever finish and release this mission Pikey?

skunk160 | Win10 PRO 64bit | i7-4770K 3.50 GHz | 32GB DDR3/1866MHz | GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1080 x2 | Oculus Rift S | Virpil MongoosT-50CM2 | Virpil F-14B grip | Virpil 200m Curved Extension | PointCTRL | Delta Sim TM Slew | Sim Bandit AHCP | MFG Crosswind Pedals | //FOX2 Switch Boxes | RECARO SPG Seat | AuraSound AST-2B-4 Pro Bass Transducer x2

//FOXTWO Multi-Role Combat Pit Build http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=134745