Bad radar work M-2000c

lockoned

After update radar M- 2000c is worth as before.Very hard in mission find and capture of targets.Radar is not view far the planes.Best find the airplanes by RWR.RWR is

looking very nice for it.Maybe I made something wrong?I did try all procedure with radar: frequency,field of view,but it is not view the planes.Only very close,when not time to react.In flight manual all right.In game -not.What is best regime for radar?

In my experience the RDI radar works quite well for detecting a fighter-sized target at a range of 35-45nm. This gets reduced with a plane moving side-to-side from you, due to the doppler contrast.

The Mirage has a rather easy-to-use elevation control for the radar. The most common way for me to miss a contact entirely is that I don't look up or down enough.

What kind of enemy are you fighting against? What kind of altitudes and terrain?

Mission m-2000c intercept phantom.miz f-5e planes.Caucas.I found the enemy planes visual quick then by a radar.Wingman is discover enemy and reported,and i do not view anything.What is tuning for radar do you used?

Edited by lockoned

I just flew that particular mission and didn't have any trouble with the radar. Slight criticism towards the mission itself is that the briefing is a little too short. No indication as to where one is to expect the attack to come from.

What makes this a little tricky is that the Turkish attack is flying rather low. The F5E's were at about 1000ft and they were definitely above the strike package. As I was approaching them at around 20000ft I needed to 'look down' with the radar quite a fair bit, but managed to acquire all six enemy planes at a range of about 40nm.

Are you sure your radar was emitting properly? At mission start it is set to prechauffage, you need to turn the radar mode knob all the way to the right once airborne.

Good advice!Will be attempt to fly with your suggestion for radar.How about rocket Matra 530 d?Whery weak rocket..although the rocket is suppose as long-range rocket.

It’s a medium range missile. The practical range is comparable to AIM-7M, but with higher speed profile.

The AIM-7M will really benefit from longer flight time very high at supersonic speed.

So for Super 530D head on from 10Nm at sea level to 20Nm+ at high altitude.

The higher & the faster and indeed you can improve the range PK.

But for low altitude, if the target turn away the missile may go out of steam before reaching the target.

If you can, keep the target above horizon to defeat beaming defensive maneuver.

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

It’s a medium range missile. The practical range is comparable to AIM-7M, but with higher speed profile.

The AIM-7M will really benefit from longer flight time very high at supersonic speed.

So for Super 530D head on from 10Nm at sea level to 20Nm+ at high altitude.

The higher & the faster and indeed you can improve the range PK.

But for low altitude, if the target turn away the missile may go out of steam before reaching the target.

If you can, keep the target above horizon to defeat beaming defensive maneuver.

Is this change in effective range reflected in when the double-circle appears in the HUD?

Modules: Wright Flyer, Spruce Goose, Voyager 1

PCA after using matra super 530d missiles not return in navigation mode

I am using close combat with missiles.Change weapon.All be good.After battle return in airfield and looking.that PCA not change in navigation mode by any button Weapon cmd or CN at HOTAS.Not approach mode in up tab PCA.I can not make approach at ranway with ILS.Before bis using missiles I can make autolanding with ILS.It is a bag or I am making somewhat wrong?

I am using close combat with missiles Matra super 530D.Change weapon.All be good.After battle return in airfield and looking.that PCA not change in navigation mode by any button weapon cmd or CN at HOTAS.Not approach mode in up tab PCA.I can not make approach at ranway with ILS.Before bis using missiles I can make autolanding with ILS.It is a bag or I am making somewhat wrong?

Yas, there is a bug.

If you see G load indication in the HUD in NAV mode, you can't engage APP mode.

Work around: select CAS, Special Mode FWD then AFT and unselect CAS. The HUD should be clear.

I already reported the bug. :smilewink:

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi