Seabourn assault and return to carrier?

Xxx

I am experimenting with the Ka-50 and seaborne assault. Does anyone know how I can set up a TACAN or NDB, or some sort of homing beacon on either the Tarawa, Stennis or Kuznetzov?

At the moment, whilst you can launch from the Tarawa/Stennis/Kuznetzov in a Black Shark, you need dead reckoning to re locate your carrier.

Unless the new Super carrier has some editable homing beacons?

But in the Ka-50 we only have our NDB, ARK-22, which we must tune.

There's a Man portable TACAN TTS 3030 in the AI under Fortifications. This can not be placed on a ship and I'm unsure ED has actively coded it yet?

Cheers

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]i7 Haswell @ 4.6Ghz, Z97p, GTX1080, 32GB DDR3, x3SSD, Win7/64, professional. 32" BenQ, TIR 5, Saitek x55 HOTAS.

Search User Files for "herky" for my uploaded missions. My flight sim videos on You Tube. https://www.youtube.com/user/David Herky

I have encountered this problem as well. If you are ok with leaving the boat stationary you can have a radio broadcast from a trigger zone that you can use to home in on. If the boat is moving, I add a helicopter to fly alongside or over it and have that heli broadcast a transmission that I home in on.

I have encountered this problem as well. If you are ok with leaving the boat stationary you can have a radio broadcast from a trigger zone that you can use to home in on. If the boat is moving, I add a helicopter to fly alongside or over it and have that heli broadcast a transmission that I home in on.
Cool suggestions!

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

If you call it up for recovery, can't you request a steer in the same way you would calling inbound to a FARP?

Genuinely don't know the answer, just making a suggestion.

Otherwise cheat and set up a waypoint that coincides with a ship waypoint at a similar time?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wildcards BlackJack_sml.jpg

If you call it up for recovery, can't you request a steer in the same way you would calling inbound to a FARP?

Genuinely don't know the answer, just making a suggestion.

Otherwise cheat and set up a waypoint that coincides with a ship waypoint at a similar time?

Haven't tried that. There's a menu item in the ATC for directions. It should work but I wonder if ED has done it for moving ships?

The radio tx as a direction finder is a good idea. I have forgot how to set it up, but tried it a few years ago.

What I did was take off (I'm using the Tarawa in a UK skin Black Shark) fly the mission. Then on the ABRIS I saw my take off position marked as a TACAN symbol? So I flew to the symbol. I then flew on the original course of the fleet. They had steamed on their original course, at 11 Knots, so I found them quite easily.

We have a satellite nav system linked to the ABRIS and can see our wingmen on the map, it's realistic to think the fleets satellite position could be shown?

It looks like the ABRIS marked the take off position (actually it had a "tkr" notation under the TACAN symbol?) so I will experiment further.

Thanks again for the replies. Using the Shark at sea is interesting!

Cheers.

Edited by Accipiter
Typo

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]i7 Haswell @ 4.6Ghz, Z97p, GTX1080, 32GB DDR3, x3SSD, Win7/64, professional. 32" BenQ, TIR 5, Saitek x55 HOTAS.

Search User Files for "herky" for my uploaded missions. My flight sim videos on You Tube. https://www.youtube.com/user/David Herky

Have you tried a zone and attach it first, then add the transmission to it etc?

UNIT INSIDE MOVING ZONE.

This trigger allows you to attach a trigger area zone to a unit and the zone will move along with the assigned unit. Note, the trigger zone can be placed anywhere on the map, but will in fact be always attached to the center of the assigned unit in-game. When selected, you should first select the unit that the area trigger will be attached to by selecting it from the ZONE UNIT drop down list. Next, select the area trigger zone that will be attached to the unit from the ZONE drop down list. Lastly, you need to set the unit that will set the trigger to true when it enters the zone unit’s zone. Do this by selecting a unit from the UNIT drop down list.

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

OK I tried a radio transmission from a helo that flew alongside the Tarawa. Set it's frequency to 255 FM. Then got it to playback a looped wav sound. This worked for a short while. When I used the radio to contact wingmen, or the ship, the frequency changed. Upon dialling back to 255 I couldn't get the wav sound or the direction finder to operate.

Now here's an interesting thing I found. If I contacted the Tarawa or the Stennis and requested azimuth to land, the RDF/NDB needle on the HSI rotated to the bearing given by the ship's ATC. Then after a couple of seconds the pointer returned to its reading position at 12 o clock on the dial. So you can request an azimuth bearing to your carrier.

My guess is this would work with any aircraft with a working radio to call ATC.

Cheers

The moving zone sounds interesting. Worth a try.

Are you using easy comms?

Yes, but only because I loose the radio menu after a couple of minutes, in real Comms.

Cheers.

If the carrier is set on a constant speed and heading, you can set a waypoint where you expect it to be at the time you plan to return from your mission. If you happen to arrive early, just backtrack towards your starting waypoint and you should run into the carrier.

Intel Core i7-8700K @ 5.0 GHz // Nvidia GTX 1080Ti // 32 GB DDR4 RAM // 1 TB SSD