Wrong Unit identified

capthaltli

See attached picture. I am trying to call up Shell 1-1, I put the correct freq in radio 1, make the call which Viacom understands, but it then identifies the wrong tanker, Arco 1-1. Any reason why? I then manually call shell 1-1 via the comm menu to check I have the freq correct, and Viacomm shows shell 1-1.

Thanks!

indent.thumb.png.775e32be0ca11d31e852c3a35fff0687.png

[sIGPIC] "GOONIE" [/sIGPIC]

"GOONIE"

CSG-1 VFA-25

• 8 months later...

Old post, but I got the same error...

Having a mission with plenty of tanker, no easy comm. When I select the freq of Texaco1 (cf picture), Vaicom logs confirmed I'm on the good freq, but "Texaco approaching for refuel" is generated to match another tanker, not the one selected on frequency...

I tested both VSPX on and off, several modules, regen export.lua, reset keywords...

I do not know what else I could do 😞 Any ideas?

image.png

After several test in dedicated mission, it looks like Vaicom retrive the nearest tanker at spawn, and where/when ever you call for a tanker, it is stuck on this tanker...

I did a test spawning near arco, fly 100nm away, 1nm from texaco, switch on texaco freq, but Vaicom still have the same behavior. (ie: generating command on arco, not texaco)

If I restart vaicom inflight, then the "default" tanker is switch to the nearest tanker when vaicom starts...

Edited by reptile92

On 2/28/2021 at 9:31 AM, reptile92 said:

After several test in dedicated mission, it looks like Vaicom retrive the nearest tanker at spawn, and where/when ever you call for a tanker, it is stuck on this tanker...

I did a test spawning near arco, fly 100nm away, 1nm from texaco, switch on texaco freq, but Vaicom still have the same behavior. (ie: generating command on arco, not texaco)

If I restart vaicom inflight, then the "default" tanker is switch to the nearest tanker when vaicom starts...

Did you try giving a "nearest tanker, select" or "Texaco, select" command before making the call? VAICOM does tend to select closest recipients at spawn (or when you restart VAICOM if already spawned). In theory it should switch to Texaco if you name Texaco in the Approach for refuel command, but only if you have enabled Instant Select in the options. Otherwise you need to give a select command first. Tuning the right frequency is not good enough to automatically select the recipient.

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

unfortunatly, it is not efficient. The « texaco select » switch radio to the right freq, but when just 1 second after I tell « texaco approaching for refuel », Vaicom keep invoking the « nearest tanker when vaicom started ».

I think the issue is Vaicom recognize the right callsign, but do not use it when creating the command.

22 hours ago, reptile92 said:

unfortunatly, it is not efficient. The « texaco select » switch radio to the right freq, but when just 1 second after I tell « texaco approaching for refuel », Vaicom keep invoking the « nearest tanker when vaicom started ».

I think the issue is Vaicom recognize the right callsign, but do not use it when creating the command.

Looking back at your log, VAICOM is not recognizing the word "Texaco" as a recipient. Instead it seems to think the recipient is "Approach." This is not a valid tanker recipient and so it substitutes the generic Tanker as the recipient, and that defaults to whichever tanker is currently selected.

This suggests that the issue is that you are not pausing long enough between saying "Texaco" and saying "Approaching for Refuel." Try a longer pause and/or going into training to train on the word Texaco. I suggest you keep Audio Hints turned on and then try saying Texaco with the PTT held down. If you don't get a beep in response then VAICOM has not identified the recipient. Keep holding the PTT and give the "Approaching for Refuel" command only after you hear the first beep. You should then hear a second, higher pitched beep indicating that the command has been understood. These suggestions are for use with VSPX turned off. I have no experience with using VSPX, and possibly things work differently with it on.

FYI, I created a small mission with two tankers Shell and Texaco and me flying the Hornet. VAICOM switched between them flawlessly when I used the correct call signs. That was with Instant Select turned on. The commands went specifically to Shell or Texaco if I included them in the command, with a suitable pause before "Approaching for Refuel."

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals