Is RAZBAM or ED reading this section or the Bugs section?

eddyimac

Every worker in this world will learn a lot of things while working. There is no school or education that will teach you everything (or even most of the things) for the profession.

So yes, every developer is constantly learning new things to do things differently (and better).

And when your programming is tightly linked to another company products (their SDK, their core simulator etc) that gets changed between patches not at all or a lot, then you are learning a lot of things how to get things working with their code.

The ED SDK might include some kind concept/sample codes for given things, so that new studios can look at it and get an idea how things works. But if you are doing own new things, like ARBS, A-G radar or missile IR-seeker to guide radar etc that ain't in the SDK, then you are on your own.

So like in this case, while Heatblur had coders to go a head and develop a own A-G radar for Viggen, Razbam was smart to leave that whole thing out and wait that ED is developing their A-G radar before they will consider to make a AV-8B+ that is same as N/A but just with the radar scope instead ARBS (they share the same exact flight manual in reality, there are just pages that simply explains when something is different between the N/A and + variants).

So if ED would be nice, they could literally offer a code for the APG-65 Radar from F/A-18C hornet from the parts that modes it has. Or at least let Razbam take a look at it and fasten the process, as in reality those are same radars (except Harrier has smaller radar antenna) so it could just make even ED job easier.

Do the Razbam learn from such thing? Not so much as if they would write it all from themselves, but then again as it is symbiosis that ED gets money when studios sell something etc and when it is easier to maintain some features, it is win-win situations.

Totally agree.

I don't know how many of the guys who posted here actually worked for the industry, but I did as a CGI artist in a 3D dpt, and the worst thing, on top of unpaid extra hours to meet deadlines, has always been changes of requirements.

Now, we can add to that the dependency on other companies (in our case, to fix bugs in their motion capture package) and the firm refusal from some companies to collaborate in a positive way, you got the picture.

I don't think the industry changed so much since my time and I am familiar with the sort of issues developers can encounter.

Those who complain too harshly should compare their effort to that of War Gaming/WoW for a laugh, where little has ever been done to include a proper drivers support and allow lower hand PC players to use their products (or keep using them) without having to splash more dosh in PC upgrade every two year.

That's the very reason for me to vacate from those big titles and tailor my upgrade for DCS, not worth spending money on titles where the sole consideration is commercial rather than the quality of the game.

As an all, the work done here is rather good quality and even if not perfect, still better value for money than some bigger titles, the reason being they aren't truly driven by commercial reasoning and we should help them to keep it that way.

So I'd suggest that we bring the issues to them in a productive way so they can focus on the work at hand and provide us with what we expect from them.

Win 11Pro. Corsair RM1000X PSU. ASUS TUF Gaming X570-PLUS [WI-FI], AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 3D, Sapphire Radeon RX 7900 XTX Nitro+ Vapor-X 24GB GDDR6. 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series (4 x 8GB) RAM Cl14 DDR4 3600. Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG Thrustmaster. TWCS Throttle. PICO 4 256GB.

WARNING: Message from AMD: Windows Automatic Update may have replaced their driver by one of their own. Check your drivers.

M-2000C. Mirage F1. F/A-18C Hornet. F-15C. F-5E Tiger II. MiG-29 "Fulcrum".  Avatar: Escadron de Chasse 3/3 Ardennes. Fly like a Maineyak.

So, do you mean we have to be quiet?

Sorry, but no. I understand that RAZBAM is not involved in everything related to the simulator problems. But as players and customers of RAZBAM we must ask for the errors to be corrected, errors that remain for months, and if RAZBAM cannot solve them, it is they who should ask ED to fix them. But with our silence, that chain brokes.

It is not a question of asking for the "murder" of anyone, but of pressing for these errors to be corrected. We have paid for the modules, therefore we have the right to behave as clients and if the requests are made correctly and politely there should be no problem.

I'm not sure if english is your first language as you don't seem to have comprehended correctly.

No, don't be silent about bugs. But at the same time don't post the same complaints again and again in every thread.

Melodramatic, exaggerated and repetitive posts discredit any issues they are attempting to address.

Sorry, but no. I understand that RAZBAM is not involved in everything related to the simulator problems. But as players and customers of RAZBAM we must ask for the errors to be corrected, errors that remain for months, and if RAZBAM cannot solve them, it is they who should ask ED to fix them. But with our silence, that chain brokes.

It is not a question of asking for the "murder" of anyone, but of pressing for these errors to be corrected. We have paid for the modules, therefore we have the right to behave as clients and if the requests are made correctly and politely there should be no problem.

You need to stop acting as some spoiled entitled kid. If you don’t understand how development works in some of these cases (it is very well described in some of the above posts) then you should just be quiet and wait. Aka id it not a meaningful bug report but just another post complaining, keep it to yourself and don’t bother the devs or us with it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You need to stop acting as some spoiled entitled kid. If you don’t understand how development works in some of these cases (it is very well described in some of the above posts) then you should just be quiet and wait. Aka id it not a meaningful bug report but just another post complaining, keep it to yourself and don’t bother the devs or us with it.

YOU need to stop telling people how to feel, what to expect and what is an appropriate gripe. YOU can feel however you want, YOu should feel free to argue a point or debate a topic but attempting to tell another what to feel and expect is just toxic bullying.

Take a look at the last stable change log (covers 6 months of updates) the Harrier received less than a quarter of the updates that went to any other EA module of equal complexity. There were 171 bugs in the bug tracker, many over a year old that were acknowledged by Razbam and promises made to resolve.

Entitled is the same word used by Zambrano. Yes, I am entitled to expect continued updates and bug fixes on a continual basis, that was what was promised when I paid upfront for the product.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Maybe I'm a "some spoiled entitled kid"..., or not. But is sure you are impolite.

Y si hablásemos en mi idioma te explicaría bastantes cosas sobre la libertad de expresión que pienso ejercer cuando quiera y donde quiera. Aunque dudo que me entendieses.

Bien dicho! mi Saludo.

Sorry, but no. I understand that RAZBAM is not involved in everything related to the simulator problems.

No, but it is more likely ED developers and testers notices, if you post in the bug section of their product, instead of the section of the 3rd party who can just inform/ask to put it on the long list of things to be addressed.

And for the Tarawa spawns there is a workaround, at least at mission start, with spawning enough Helos first that occupy the front slots and then spawn client/player planes in the 6, 7, 8 slots as before.

Comes with a nice spectacle of helicopters launching while you do the cold start... You can even use triggers to deactivate/free up slots as clients take control of planes.

Edited by shagrat

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

YOU need to stop telling people how to feel

Feeling is allowed as anyone pleases, but to express that feeling is restricted based the situation and place.

At their homes, anyone can behave as much they please, but out in the public it is expected to have certain behavior restrictions and expectations.

And same thing is in the public forums, one can feel what ever they want from the modules but they should check themselves how they are going to show off their feelings, is it in uncivilized manner etc.

A civilized person can feel what ever they want, and yet behave completely calm manner. But everyone does have their breaking points, when they will step over the line even they would approve.

And last decades civilizations has seriously gone backwards centuries to situation where people think that they can behave how ever they please around other people and no one should apply any restrictions to them.

If you read what he wrote, he didn't say how to feel, but how to behave. And that is big difference. Babies are allowed to cry, but it is as well expected that parents will take the baby elsewhere so the crying doesn't disturb others.

Here some people are like cry babies, believing that they can just cry as much they want and stomp on their feets until they get what they want.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

So all razbam developers passed through 5-year-long personal issues that don't impeded them to release new 70$ modules but somehow it impacts their capability to fix bugs and finish features. I see...

+1

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

Take a look at the last stable change log (covers 6 months of updates) the Harrier received less than a quarter of the updates that went to any other EA module of equal complexity. There were 171 bugs in the bug tracker, many over a year old that were acknowledged by Razbam and promises made to resolve.

All self proclaimed mature grown ups should have this framed and hanged on the wall and be forced to salute to it every morning.

Apart for EHSD map being more readable maybe at night i don't know what they did.

I made a video of this joke on my channel a few days ago

If you want the best part of the night attack show jump to 15:00 It's in french but the images are enough. The purpose was to warn the french speaking community about what this night attack aircraft is about.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Seems like the functionality was added but it really had minimal improvements on my system when flying at night. The HUD when loaded with a flir image is just a flat green square that you cannot see through. I need to tweak it more but I don't expect to improve much if any at all if its a solid green HUD.

Edited by ruxtmp
Removed comment changelog indicates updates were made

Really? I have a garbage can to put the Harrier and its bugs ...

Won't fit :smilewink: and a bit of an overreaction maybe? Most of the things on the Harrier are working fine. And now with yesterdays update the night hud issue is fixed as well (which I agree was a major breaking issue on it) https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/544216278735257611/722867965070147714/unknown.png?width=662&height=678

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A real tragedy ... always amazing to see how the software manufacturer again manages to spoil this module ...

DCS World needs the Panavia Tornado! Really!