[FIXED FOR NEXT UPDATE] Radar Elevation Knob broken

razorseal

Hey guys,

Been searching this here but can't find anything. I'm unable to change my antenna elevation in TWS mode. RWS mode let's me change my. Radar antenna elevation. Once i switch to TWS, i can no longer change it.

Any ideas why? Known bug? Feature? Very odd.

I'll see a target at 29k from DL, and then can't adjust my antenna to see the target so I can lock on...

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Feature of the RADAR in TWS mode:

Without a bugged target, the azimuth scan centres on the cursors and elevation is controlled manually. When a target is bugged, the azimuth is biased to keep the bugged target in the scan and the elevation is centred on the bugged target. If the antenna elevation is tilted while the pilot has a bugged target, upon dropping the bug, the elevation scan will move according to what the pilot commanded to reflect the position set by the antenna elevation controls.

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Feature of the RADAR in TWS mode:

Without a bugged target, the azimuth scan centres on the cursors and elevation is controlled manually. When a target is bugged, the azimuth is biased to keep the bugged target in the scan and the elevation is centred on the bugged target. If the antenna elevation is tilted while the pilot has a bugged target, upon dropping the bug, the elevation scan will move according to what the pilot commanded to reflect the position set by the antenna elevation controls.

Yes, except I can't command the antenna elevation in TWS lol.

This is not azimuth or bars... This is me moving thr actual antenna.

Yes, except I can't command the antenna elevation in TWS lol.

This is not azimuth or bars... This is me moving thr actual antenna.

What are you laughing at, am trying to help you? I am not talking about bar scan either.

As I said, you have no control over the 'actual' antenna elevation direction if tgt locked in TWS, but it will return to that elevation if bug tgt dropped.

Now probably isn't the best time to worry about it anyway, as many people have noted all over the DCS forum, the radar elevation is broken after last update.

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

[FCR] Radar Elevation Knob broken

Hi,

since last update I have a rly weird problem :

on FCR at the right of the cursor there's the max and minimum radar search altitude and it's supposed to change when you move the radar Antenna Elevation knob, well it doesn't change anymore...

I explain my self, when I move the Antenna Elevation know on the left of the MFD I can see th elevation changing, but nothing happens at the right of the cursor, altitude remains the same, unless I move the cursor, when I do that it changes but it doesn't move when I change radar antenna elevation :cry::cry::cry:

What did you do with my 16 ?! It worked well 3 days ago :cry::cry::cry:

Please fix thanks !!

Kalonji aka John "Duff" Kalon

EDIT : I tested with ANT ELEV mapped to buttons instead of an Axis and I have the same problem, I took screenshots just in case it's needed ;)

Edited by Kalonji

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

----------------------------------------

DCS : A-10C - KA-50 - FC3 - UH-1H - M-2000C - F-16C - F/A-18C Pilot in Border Zone Elite Group :D:D:D

Oh, I forgot to say I'm on OpenBeta...

Here's my rig :

Intel core i5-4590 @3.3Ghz (3.7Ghz Turbo)

16 GB DDR3@1666Mhz Crucial

SSD 512Gb Crucial

Geforce GTX 960 Ti OC 2Gb PNY

And here are the shots with antenna Low, Medium and then High :

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VqSTqJXVFSw6tk45lHzQ0h6suvNikqDK/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YYEjPfvB_BPGAhMqYhDJ60Wb-0EeqfUy/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_vYYu6_KzzuNl-xEufSyzvuXbHpblnyu/view?usp=sharing

Thanks for checking :)

John "Duff" Kalon :joystick:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

DCS : A-10C - KA-50 - FC3 - UH-1H - M-2000C - F-16C - F/A-18C Pilot in Border Zone Elite Group :D:D:D

Yes, I have the same issue. I do not see the numbers either side of the cursor change when i change the antenna elevation. Nor does the radar elevation actually change, It won't see a steady target right in front of me, no matter how much i change the antenna elevation

Yeah, FCR is acting weird since last update for me :cry::cry::cry:

I know it's only Early Access but now we can't do Air2Air combat anymore :cry::cry::cry:

I'm sad !! I wanna destroy some migs in my mighty F-16 !! :helpsmilie::helpsmilie::helpsmilie:

J. Duff K.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

thanks @dannyq8 haven't seen that one :music_whistling: I just hope it gonna be fixed soon :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]