F-5E VapoUr Trails

LowRider88

Would it be possible to move the wing tip vapour trails on the F-5E to over the wing, beginning where the leading edge wing root extensions meet the rest of the wing, as I have seen in videos for the DCS F-16?

LERX vapour trails is perhaps more important on the F-5 than on the F-16, F-18, MiG-29, Su-27, as it was in fact the first aircraft to have LERX. To me, the F-5E does not seem recognizable unless it has LERX trails.

Would it also be possible to add the wing trailing edge vapour trails as the MiG-29 and other planes have? I have seen on YouTube ground target practice videos of Swiss F-5Es flying by fast with these trialing edge vapour.

Hope these can be added as these really are the character of this early dog fighter.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

On the subject of vapour trails I was always amazed by the implementation of the effect in Flanker 2. Not only it was of perfect thickness, it also lacked incorrect low-speed puffs (still present far too often in DCS) and how the high velocity flow was conveyed was from another world. Coincidentally it was free of issues manifesting in movement rate changes and direction reversals. Rock $&#ng solid!

My harsh opinions on Lock On and early DCS graphics were in large part due to my prior exposure to Flanker 2 and Free Falcon project.

Edited by Bucic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...