Serbian MiG-29 in air

Kusch

That would be interesting thing to hear from the second side of these tales.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

105170290.KB8tdARb.1Presretac_08_00.JPG

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

I noticed in those Interceptor 2008 videos that some of your Fishbed pilots use hand held GPS devices (probably GARMIN GPSMAP 60cx) mounted next to HUD. Please tell me do your Fulcrums have any GPS devices integrated after modernization?!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

How about GLONAS? Is GLONAS used in any of the MiG-29 upgrades?

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

My guise would be that new Serbian MIGs would have it, its a standard now, for navigation.

When it comes ´to Use GLONAS in combat like in BS sending positions whit more accuracy, would cost, I'm not sure Serbians are paying for that service.

Its seems by reading ur document Vekkinho that GPS and GLONAS are capable of integrating whit another, so u could use both.

Edited by Teknetinium

Teknetinium 2017.jpg
                        51st PVO Discord SATAC YouTube

I can't find any detailed info on the package this birds received upon modernization but just by looking at the cockpit photo NSCode posted I can see a certain level of improvement regarding MFD and ICP! I remember SVK Fox' MiG-29AS mod that had a similar cockpit textures featuring new MFD:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=28513&highlight=MiG-29AS

Prehaps Fox knows more on this subject, BTW where R U Fox I haven't seen U here for ages!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 year later...

I bring you some sad news. The fallowing text is translated from Dimitrije Ostojic's blog, a man who has seen most of our aviation thru the eyepeace of his camera, and brought us some wonderfull pics, some of which are here, and some on the images and videos topic.

A year later

Today, one year later, the situation is completly different. MiG-29s are grounded for almost 6 months, for they are lacking tires. The situation with aging 21s isn't any better. Flight hours in the past year were ashamedly low. In short, Serbia practically has no fighter aviation.

Amazingly, the air force's problems do not seem to interest anyone. Fairy tales are being told about acquiring new airplanes, but the Ministry of defense isn’t fit even to get new tires for existing aircraft. Tax payers’ money paid for the overhaul of 5 MiG-29s, with whole 22 million Euros. Four have been completed, and little is known about the fifth, but it is assumed that work hasn’t even begun. Out of four, one airplane was lost in an accident when col. Ranđelović died, and the remaining three haven’t flown in months. Those airplanes were overhauled in order to protect the airspace of Serbia, but since they have reentered service (in 2008 ) they were on call duty for barely a few weeks, after again being replaced by aged MiG-21s. A question imposes itself about how many pilots had succeeded in completing training for the type, and if after that long time, there are any left fit to fly. There is something definitely wrong with the system. Either the Ministry and the Command are full of incompetent people, or someone is trying to take the air force down on purpose (it wouldn’t be the first time).

I am afraid that I will not be able to take photos like these of those wonderful aircraft. The fighter, or “air policing”, role will perhaps be taken by training and light attack aircraft like Galeb and Orao, that were never intended for that purpose, or maybe even some Cessna of the local flying club. In Serbia everything is possible.

Dimitrije Ostojić

snowymigs_13_sm.JPG

snowymigs_13_sm.JPG

Never forget that World War III was not Cold for most of us.

Second hand fighters can be aquired or be supplied by as military aid. Its a question of your goverments to decide to support them then.

It may happen later on down the road.

My PC specs below:

Divide and conquer .... When Yugoslavia was one country there was a real airforce. MiG-29's were purchased soon after they were introduced in Russia. Now, we have many small kingdoms and "independent" countries whose skys lands and seas are "protected" by foreign military's.

But all is not lost .... Maybe we will buy some used tires for our MiG's and fly them again. :)

• Like 1

Haj, it seems to me that its your local goverment the responsible for grounding the migs so respect the other posters by avoiding getting this thread locked.

My PC specs below: