Engine and Gun Sound MODS no longer work

Too bad the older Spitfire Engine and Gun Sound MODS no longer work within both the stable and the Beta versions of DCS,an update must have changed a few things.Both of these were highly immersive.

Whilst I appreciate we've got to move forward,Jaffa's SPITFIRE sound mod was.....when it was working,the best Merlin sounds for a game I've ever heard.

I was also using Rlaxoxo's fantastic Spitfire Weapon Sound Mod v4,this also has been rendered defunct by recent updates.

If your reading this Jaffa and Rlaxox an update to your mods would be very much appreciated.With all respect to ED,the default engine sounds and gun sounds for the Spit are tame at best,sorry thumbdown.gif

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with MFG 10cm Extension/WINWING Orion Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition)/TrackiR5/Windows 11 Home

It's highly unlikely these guys can or want to do much about it, as all sound files for ED-produced modules got encrypted in 2.5.6 (previously they were just .wav and .sdef files anyone could tinker with and replace - that's how these two mods were working). Jafa already voiced his opinion on that matter, not being happy about encryption, to put it mildly, so I wouldn't count on his further modding attempts for DCS in near future (if any).

As for sounds perception, it's all very subjective, obviously. I was using and enjoying Jafa's mods for Spit and Stang quite a lot, but after experiencing updated stock ones, I removed both modded sets without hesitation. To each their own, I guess.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Yes I know it's unlikely,and Jafa has informed me that the situation of the encryption has put him off even trying to work on it again,and I can't blame him,but I had to ask.

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with MFG 10cm Extension/WINWING Orion Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition)/TrackiR5/Windows 11 Home

Yes,the saved games directory is the way to go from now on re sound mods,I see already guys are using this way to get around the new DCS stance on locking away the codes.

For me DCS is great,but it's sounds woefully let it down,they are just so sterile and don't capture the module's true potential.The new modules are fantastic,but boy the sounds just don't do them justice doh.gif

Yes,the saved games directory is the way to go from now on re sound mods,I see already guys are using this way to get around the new DCS stance on locking away the codes.

For me DCS is great,but it's sounds woefully let it down,they are just so sterile and don't capture the module's true potential.The new modules are fantastic,but boy the sounds just don't do them justice doh.gif

Pointers on the saved games folder thingy?

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

Pointers on the saved games folder thingy?

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=98014

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB