[REPORTED]Broken damage model in 2.5.6.50726 ?

+1

ED get your mess working! Since february and 2.5.6 there are bugs after bugs after bugs. One fixed bug opens 10 other bugs. Performance is crap too since 2.5.6 in VR!

What's going on with you? This sim is a joke at the moment!!! A bad joke!

It's like Donald Trump is personally running things man...when something blows up in his face he just shifts focus to something else while he tries to figure out what to do about problem number 1.

I don't like to whine but jeez man it is getting silly. Might have to go back to stable and lose out on flying the channel for maybe 6 months or so? :cry:

It's like Donald Trump is personally running things man...when something blows up in his face he just shifts focus to something else while he tries to figure out what to do about problem number 1.

I don't like to whine but jeez man it is getting silly. Might have to go back to stable and lose out on flying the channel for maybe 6 months or so? :cry:

+1000

Fix one bug to cause 5 other. This is really tiresome.

Win 10, AMD FX9590/water cooled, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD system, 1TB SSD (DCS installed), 2TB HD, Warthog HOTAS, MFG rudders, Track IR 5, LG Ultrawide, Logitech Speakers w/sub, Fans, Case, cell phone, wallet, keys.....printer

Yes, because open beta version is a voluntary version to test on. It allows you to test and play with new toys a little sooner. It is good to have both versions installed, beta and main so you can play on main when beta is all jacked up. So yeah, it is what it is I guess.

Yes, because open beta version is a voluntary version to test on. It allows you to test and play with new toys a little sooner. It is good to have both versions installed, beta and main so you can play on main when beta is all jacked up. So yeah, it is what it is I guess.

Stable: campaigns broken due to AI taxiing into everything

OB: campaigns broken due to AI invulnerable

Which do you suggest?

Modules: Wright Flyer, Spruce Goose, Voyager 1

Here is my post about the Mig 25. Posted track file. I then tested again in mission editor and with the F14 I put 8 sidewinders into one before it was destroyed. It was flying with no wings, tails, or nose.lol I tested the Su-30. Mig 29, IL-78 Tu95 and a few others. The Mig 25 is the worst one of the bunch. The TU95 was easy to take down with the gun. The wing just pops off. I have the track file of the other test I did but have not posted it yet.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=277610

System Specs: 13900K, Strix Z790 Gaming E, MSI 4090 Sprim Liquid X  OC'd, 64gb Gskill Trident Z DDR5, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 SSD,. Winwing throttle, Winwing panels/MIPs and VKB GF3/MCGU stick, MFG Crosswind V2, HP REVERB G2.

Yeah, the missiles are mostly ineffective, though the bigger ones seem to do better; 5x AIM-7s and 2x AIM-9s into a Su-27 = no kill. 236 rounds of 20mm = no kill. 2x AIM-54s = kill! 1x AIM-54 + 2x AIM-9s = kill! Also, a weird thing happened where I shot the pilot out with 20mm, got a "destroyed" message, and the plane proceeded to land. The shot litany at the end indicated I had killed the pilot, but this didn't stop it from returning to base and even popping its drag chute. Strange to say the least.

Rig: i9 10900KF @5.3GHz | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 3600MHz | ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 3090 24GB OC | ASUS Maximus XII Formula | 2x 2TB Intel SSD6 NVMe M.2 | VKB F-14CG on Gunfighter III Base | TM Warthog HOTAS | TM Rudder Pedals | HP Reverb G2

Hangar: FC3 | F-86F | F-4E [Pre-Ordered] | F-5E | F-14A/B | F-15E | F-16C | F/A-18C | Mirage 2000C | JF-17 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19P | MiG-21bis | AJS-37 | AV-8B | L39 | C-101 | A-10C/CII | Yak-52 | P-51D | P-47D | Fw 190 A-8/D-9 | Bf 109 | Spitfire | I-16 | UH-1 Huey

Yeah, the missiles are mostly ineffective, though the bigger ones seem to do better; 5x AIM-7s and 2x AIM-9s into a Su-27 = no kill. 236 rounds of 20mm = no kill. 2x AIM-54s = kill! 1x AIM-54 + 2x AIM-9s = kill! Also, a weird thing happened where I shot the pilot out with 20mm, got a "destroyed" message, and the plane proceeded to land. The shot litany at the end indicated I had killed the pilot, but this didn't stop it from returning to base and even popping its drag chute. Strange to say the least.

Now AIs got Skynet-level technology now...interesting...:megalol:

i7 9700k@5.0 Ghz, 32gb DDR4-3200, Maximus XI Formula, Asus Strix GTX 1080ti, 1TB NVMe Samsung 970 Evo, 1TB Samsung 860 Evo Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, TM Warthog, MFG Crosswind Graphite Black, Wheelstandpro Warthog Deluxe V2, TrackIR 5 Pro. ROG Swift PG278Q 2560x1440, 12" Eyoyo LCD 1366x768 for TM Cougar MFDs.

+1 confirmed. Flew on a few servers today vs AI. Shot at two F-5s with AIM7s, and they went down, eventually, due to loss of fuel. My F-14 took an R-27 to the nose, and I still had control of the aircraft. Planes are tanking missiles now.

i7-8700k OC to 5.1GHz, Sound BlasterX AE-5, Creative Sound BlasterX H7 Tournament Edition, Asus ROG Maximus X Code

Corsair Dominator DDR4 32GB 3200MHz, EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra Hybrid, Acer Predator XB271HU WQHD IPS Monitor, Logitech G510S, Anker 8000DPI Gaming Mouse, HOTAS Warthog, Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals, Track IR 5, Windows 10 Professional, https://www.youtube.com/c/iflyflightsims

I understand perfectly the idea of beta as i partake in many and offer feedback when necessary but the question is are we truly receiving an "open beta" or an "open alpha". When ED do not even realize that you can't shoot down a flanker with 6 missiles of various calibers then something is being either done wrong, rushed or just skipped completely.

Listen, it's not the end of the world, they will fix it soon enough i assure you but the discussion needs to be had between community and developer about how we can all move forward together out of this constant cycle.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm seeing the same issue with various jets. In this case, I'm fighting the SU-27 AI with guns.

Here are some example stats:

uc?id=15tYjCJnvq_evOkTfxm847D4-tU6_G8Vh&export=download

So these are over 50 hits from a DEFA 554 (M-2000C). 5 rounds well-placed rounds used to be enough to down a plane (usually by ripping off some flight control surfaces or the whole wing).

Here's another one:

uc?id=1zA3kMCCMno_TUEh42cPqwhcIDOcdZn8r&export=download

This time over 250 30mm hits.

Still, the SU-27 keeps flying.

It usually goes into "wounded retreat mode" after the first couple of hits and remains flying until the pilot ejects shorty before initiating landing or even more often crashes at the beginning of the runway. What I found strange is that the enemy pilot seems to be killed by one of my rounds according to the stats when he ejects, although I ran out of ammo minutes ago.

Here are some short video clips where I keep hitting the enemy plane with a lot of rounds which seem to have no effect, except for the damaged jet to leave large trails of smoke and fuel.

F-16 vs. AI SU-27

M-2000C vs. AI SU-27

As you can see at the end of the second clip the visual damage model is somewhat still there, but the frame of the SU-27 should not be as intact as it appears and in previous versions the jet would not be able to keep flying after a similar attack.

I'll happily provide more information about the issue if needed. I can also provide the simple mission I used to gather this material in case the problem is hard to reproduce.

Edited by Screenchecker
Provided more information

Fixed in 2.5.6.50979

The damage model seems to be back to normal after the currently undocumented update to 2.5.6.50979.

The first screenshot shows an AI-controlled SU-27 after a short-range missile hit, notice the burning engine and the missing flight surfaces. Furthermore, the pilot appears to have been killed on impact (which never happened in the broken state).

The second screenshot shows a heavily damaged SU-27 also missing some flight surfaces which could not be shot off before. I'm not a real pilot or very familiar with flight physics to evaluate if it would be possible to remain flying in a state like this, but the damage model behavior is back to how it used to be I'd say.

Thanks for fixing! :)

Screen_200626_213123.thumb.png.913fc147f24dfb563a1e88efc0245ec7.png

Screen_200626_212159.thumb.png.52b7364ef5119ae3c3939a763dcb90d8.png