Hornet bugs after each update ...

Arbil

Go to play on the stable branch, it's where it's ok to cry for bugs.

If you play on the beta branch, you're just supposed to test features and report bugs, and assume game can be heavily broken and don't whine, end of the discussion. Beta is not supposed to be stable everytime (that's the whole point of the name)

I didn't want to repeat myself, but I will do it especially for you.

The problem is that the mass of errors from OB goes to the stable version. Even in OB there should not be such obvious errors, that's what the test team is intended for. Beta players are to track down other minor bugs. So there is a question. Where's the test team? Do they play the same game? Or maybe there is a problem further, at the stage of completing files for patches and uploading them to the server?

I play the beta because:

- most people play the beta

- I play MP with friends who play the beta

- I want to help and report errors, but not catastrophic oversights

- The waiting time for all new things is extended by many months.

- The most popular MP servers, works on beta, by testing new patches

Edited by padonis

Exactly... it’s called Open Beta and not Open Alpha guys!

Showstopper bugs discovered in the first 30sec of flying have no reason to ever be pushed to a big group of testers/customers.

By pushing an unusable version to the crowd they also lose the opportunity to receive valuable feedback on so many other parts of the sim as lots of us are just gonna wait it out or revert to previous versions.

Regards,

Sylvain

Corsair 600T - Intel i7 2600k - Asus Geforce GTX1660 Super - 4 x 4Gb Corsair DDR3 Ram - Asus P8P67 revB3 - Windows 10

Thrustmaster Warthog #11615

2019 Acer Predator Helios 300

Is it 2 weeks until the next update? I love this game but all the good servers are on the open beta so having this problem makes the game unplayable for me. I really hope I don't have to stop playing for 2 weeks until this is fixed

If you guys, the players, switch to Stable, the MP servers will switch too, cause they don't like to be empty.

Difference is not so huge anymore, you have new toys on Beta fine but they are so bugged that you cant use them properly so its same as not having them.

I will quote a colleague who is probably right.

"Instead of correcting what they ruined last week (lighting), they introduced another update with a lot of changes in the game. Only a few days for everything, no one has tested it well, and the effects are as seen."

Exactly... it’s called Open Beta and not Open Alpha guys!

Showstopper bugs discovered in the first 30sec of flying have no reason to ever be pushed to a big group of testers/customers.

By pushing an unusable version to the crowd they also lose the opportunity to receive valuable feedback on so many other parts of the sim as lots of us are just gonna wait it out or revert to previous versions.

Regards,

Sylvain

That's great idea... ED should just rename it to open alpha and problem is solved. :music_whistling:

I love when ppl defend that this is Open Beta - you should expect problems. Yeah, this is OPEN (!) beta, not closed beta! I expect problems but not so many game braking bugs. We've paid for it, not being paid for testing. Stable is also not quite far from open beta state. It's full of bugs too.

Edited by Poko24

I love when ppl defend that this is Open Beta - you should expect problems. Yeah, this is OPEN (!) beta, not closed beta! I expect problems but not so many game braking bugs. We've paid for it, not being paid for testing. Stable is also not quite far from open beta state. It's full of bugs too.

You paid for the Release version.

You paid for a module in EA and you knew what you are paying for, a not finished module.

They don't force you to play Beta, saying you are not being paid for testing is really absurd, you can play Stable anytime you want, stable doesn't have that much bugs just modules in EA = not finished, off course things will appear broken, they are not finished.

You paid for the Release version.

You paid for a module in EA and you knew what you are paying for, a not finished module.

They don't force you to play Beta, saying you are not being paid for testing is really absurd, you can play Stable anytime you want, stable doesn't have that much bugs just modules in EA = not finished, off course things will appear broken, they are not finished.

Oh c'mon! How many ED modules are out of EA? I followed the situation for a year now, and I was patient and didn't whine arround here, but since 2.5.6 in february they messed up everything!

And the best thing is: they rolled a bugged OB to stable :thumbup: THIS IS INSANE

I switched from beta to stable when they messed up 2.5.6 but now also the AI in the stable is messed up. JDAM are not working and so on.

So please stop telling the people it is because it is a beta and the modules are in EA! Because EA means to me,that not everthing is working and it does not mean, that things that already worked are unusuable now. This is simply bad quality managment with the updates. There are bugs I noticed within 2 minutes, but the devteam didn't???? Really??? ARE YOU SERIOUS???

Wouldn't it be cool to finish the EA modules ? Oh wait...... then there is no excuse anymore for a completely bugged game!

SYS: MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge Wifi || Ryzen 5900x || Gainward RTX4090 || 2x16 Gb Crucial Ballistix RGB 3200@3800 || XPG Core Reactor 850 Watt PSU || Kingston Fury 2 TB NVME SSD || WD SN850 1TB NVME || 1 x 500 GB Crucial MX300 SATA SSD || 2 x HDD 3TB || Thrustmaster F-16 & F-18 Stick on Virpil War BRD Bases || WinWing Orion2 F-16EX Viper Throttle Combo || WinWing Orion2 F/A-18 Hornet Throttle Combo (With Finger Lift) || WinWing Takeoff Panel II MFG Crosswind Pedals w. Damper || 3 x Thrustmaster Cougar MFD || Multipurpose UFC ||  Wheel Stand Pro II

VR: HP Reverb G2

Oh c'mon! How many ED modules are out of EA? I followed the situation for a year now, and I was patient and didn't whine arround here, but since 2.5.6 in february they messed up everything!

And the best thing is: they rolled a bugged OB to stable :thumbup: THIS IS INSANE

I switched from beta to stable when they messed up 2.5.6 but now also the AI in the stable is messed up. JDAM are not working and so on.

So please stop telling the people it is because it is a beta and the modules are in EA! Because EA means to me,that not everthing is working and it does not mean, that things that already worked are unusuable now. This is simply bad quality managment with the updates. There are bugs I noticed within 2 minutes, but the devteam didn't???? Really??? ARE YOU SERIOUS???

Wouldn't it be cool to finish the EA modules ? Oh wait...... then there is no excuse anymore for a completely bugged game!

well said... I'm tired of this stable release argument... the stable is currently as broken as the beta.

I'll gladly wait ;-)

Phew! I'm glad I got the word early, won't be updating when I get home from work later tonight. These pages, geeez. In the words of Oddball himself.. "wow like so many negative waves man"

:: 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900K :: Asus ROG Strix Z790-A mobo :: Asus Tuff Gaming GeForce RTX 3080 Ti :: NZXT Kraken Elite 280 RGB AIO white cooler :: G Skill Trident Z Royals DDR4 4x16GB = 64GB :: WD Black SN 850X NVMe SSD 2TB M.2 (C Drive) :: Samsung 860 Pro 2TB SATA (D Drive) :: Corsair Crystal 680X White Case :: Asus XG349C 34" Curve G-Sync 180Hz 3440x1440 Mon :: Corsair 850W PSU :: Virpil Constellation Alpha-R Stick with VPC WarBRD Base :: Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle :: 3 x CubeSim ext mini screens with TM Cougar MFD Bezels :: Asus ROG Pugio 503 Gaming Mouse & Razer BlackWidow mech kb :: TrackIR 5 Pro & Cap Clip :: Win 11 64 Bit 😉

Exactly Gripen 4-1!

New modules create ca$h flow which is necessary to maintain company viability.

No, wrong. People paying money for modules create cash flow wich is necessary to keep the company vital. And i for myself have decided to stop that, until the Hornet and the F-16 are both truly feature complete and there are no significant bugs and performance issues left in the stable release version. I planned to dip my toes into helicopters with the coming hind and into the WW2 part with the recently EA released channel map. Scratched both and will wait for all modules to be completed. Not out of EA, but truly feature complete. And if more and more ppl decide like that, ED will get into serious trouble although releasing one module after another.

Go to play on the stable branch, it's where it's ok to cry for bugs.

If you play on the beta branch, you're just supposed to test features and report bugs, and assume game can be heavily broken and don't whine, end of the discussion. Beta is not supposed to be stable everytime (that's the whole point of the name)

Can you even name 10 significant bugs in the OB, wich are NOT existant in the stable version? If not, the "go to stable version" argument is invalid. In fact it isn't an argument at all then, just a sign of having no clue.

Phanteks EvolvX / Win 11 / i9 12900K / MSI Z690 Carbon / MSI Suprim RTX 3090 / 64GB G.Skill Trident Z  DDR5-6000 / 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB PCIe 3.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB SATA SSD / 1TB SATA SSD / Alphacool Eisbaer Aurora Pro 360 / beQuiet StraightPower 1200W

RSEAT S1 / VPC T50 CM2 + 300mm extension + Realsimulator F18 CGRH / VPC WarBRD + TM Warthog grip / WinWing F/A-18 Super Taurus / 4x TM Cougar MFD / TM TPR / HP Reverb G2

Can you even name 10 significant bugs in the OB, wich are NOT existant in the stable version? If not, the "go to stable version" argument is invalid. In fact it isn't an argument at all then, just a sign of having no clue.

Bugs which are both in stable and open beta are not good argument against stable as you will suffer from them in both versions.

Problem is when bugs are fixed in open beta and not in stable and it's for long time.

Problem with open beta are those bugs which cause crashes to desktop and unsuable features.

People should push on ED to make sure bugs breaking features are not allowed in stable version so it's usable all the time.

i'm honestly wondering why the public multiplayer crowd does not simply move to stable branch.

stable is not perfect either, but for all the years i fly in dcs, i have never seen a "gamebreaking" stable release.

Right now, the IA not avoiding collision on the ground can break a lot of missions or campaigns, and that bug is on stable :music_whistling:

It was reported more than one week before stable update, it's fixed on beta but not on release...

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

Bugs which are both in stable and open beta are not good argument against stable as you will suffer from them in both versions.

Problem is when bugs are fixed in open beta and not in stable and it's for long time.

Problem with open beta are those bugs which cause crashes to desktop and unsuable features.

People should push on ED to make sure bugs breaking features are not allowed in stable version so it's usable all the time.

You got me wrong. I'm not argueing against stable. I'm argueing against the advice to go to stable if one doesn't like the bugs, as there is basically no significant difference to OB.

Edited by VpR81

Phanteks EvolvX / Win 11 / i9 12900K / MSI Z690 Carbon / MSI Suprim RTX 3090 / 64GB G.Skill Trident Z  DDR5-6000 / 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB PCIe 3.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB SATA SSD / 1TB SATA SSD / Alphacool Eisbaer Aurora Pro 360 / beQuiet StraightPower 1200W

RSEAT S1 / VPC T50 CM2 + 300mm extension + Realsimulator F18 CGRH / VPC WarBRD + TM Warthog grip / WinWing F/A-18 Super Taurus / 4x TM Cougar MFD / TM TPR / HP Reverb G2

• ED Team

Hi all

we dropped the ball on this one for sure.

Planned hotfix today https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=273255

But please remember open beta is a public test build.

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Hi all

But please remember open beta is a public test build.

thank you

Then it's probably a good idea for ED to set the example and stop using Open Beta as the main version of the game. ED advertises release dates based on their release to open beta, not the stable.

Thanks.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/ea/64/58/ea6458e2d324aa68f5ac76922536c033.jpg

"Straighten up and fly right"

I have thrown in the towel with ED and his beloved "early access" this started being something exciting with the exit of the hornet, or when they implemented the change of the edge 2.0 lighting engine... good times... but seeing how they are doing things every day they get my frustration level to rise with every update, predicted a bad end doing things as they have done until now.

probably a few fanboys will jump to defend this incomprehensible attitude so good luck with that, I'm fed up and if nobody says it clearly I think it's time to complain

ED wake up!

Sin-ttulo-3-zpskg9bm6js.png

Then it's probably a good idea for ED to set the example and stop using Open Beta as the main version of the game. ED advertises release dates based on their release to open beta, not the stable.

Thanks.

Agree, and MP servers could move to Stable as well.

i was telling long time ago.

but the ED train is still heading the same way… i posted many suggestions, pratical and possible, that would have pushed ED into the future, but no way...they like things as they are.

i'll wait the day F18 is complete (not just out of EA) and bug-free to buy something again, but i really, really wish to see a total change of policy, and get faith in the company again.

but sadly… seems that will just not happen.