Frame Rates

Hello ED,

I am hoping everyone is safe during these troubled time!

First and foremost I love the Normandy, and Channel terrains and all associated with WWII flying. I do have a concern that is troubling.

I have been re-creating D-Day and all missions that occurred during D-Day. I have down sized the amount of aircraft etc, as it is just system overload. However, last night my group ran the STUD mission, the mid-day mission from D-Day. I had only 227 objects which included 74 B-17 Bombers which were to carpet bomb Caen. When the bombing occurred the FPS dropped to below 12 FPS and one of our members was actually kicked out of the multiplayer session.

This is concerning as it poses great restrictions on the detail you can design into the mission. However, my greater question is I have seen some mission that are shared out of user documents that contain close to 1000 objects, do these also have issues?

We were using a very fast server, ping rate of approx. 65 ms but we are still seeing these issues?

I welcome any suggestions or comments.

Cheers

Harv:pilotfly:

Maybe "only 74" B-17, and even more if wake turbulence is on, at the exact bombs drop time is not exactly "easy" on the hardware. Just bear in mind every B-17 features 10 crew members, that's a 740 crew members only in the bombers so your object count is not really low to say the least.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

What are your GAMEPLAY OPTIONS for Wake Turbulence set for?

I have seen FPS drops with Wake Turbulence enabled combined with many aircraft, especially when flying through the wake. I only allow Wake turbulence when I want to fly close to planes and get thrown around for fun.

• Do not own:  | F-15E | JF-17 | Fw 190 A-8 | Bf 109 |
  • Hardware:  [ - Ryzen7-5800X - 32GB - RX 6800 - X56 HOTAS Throttle -  WINWING Orion 2 F16EX Grip - TrackIR 5 - Tobii 5C - JetPad FSE - ]

Wake Turbulence is set to OFF

Sorry mate, I was being ironical before, maybe you didn't get it.

I don't know how to say it more politely, but 74 B-17 even IA, or maybe precisely because they are IA controlled, is WAY too much run for a MP mission. If you want something like that to work I don't know what other software would do at the quality level of DCS. If you think that's a "normal mission" and you are really unaware of the kind of stress you mean to any computer with something like that you're fooling yourself.

Let me be clear, I'm not sure if 74 actual players in single seat aircraft would run Ok without a huge server and really good connections for all of them (a single one with bad connection would ruin it all), but 74 IAs with 10 crew members inside every single aircraft dropping at the same time like 1000 bombs won't for sure. Asking for something like that in a software like DCS with the intricacies, complexity and graphical quality we enjoy now is insane.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice