Oil temp gauge stays at 0

fencible

circuit breaker

Just tonight since the latest patch I find that the oil temperature gauge never moves from 0 degrees. The other oil gauges appeared to work properly.

:)push the circuit breaker on the panel bottom left !

Merci Croustie - I did check the circuit breakers and one was popped out (for the cabin lighting). I pressed it in. No other breakers were popped that I could see. That is why I mentioned the incident here. I have also seen my airspeed indicator get 'stuck' at about 230 mph after a long flight over the channel. There seem to be a few instrument issues at this time.

Edited by fencible

believe its the cold weather, the electrical system in the jug has a huge draw on the 12v battery as is, add in the cold weather and things are prone to be problematic. At least thats what i gather out of real world manual. The radio quirks and all

Intel 8700k @5ghz, 32gb ram, 1080ti, Rift S

pop out circuit breaker

Merci Croustie - I did check the circuit breakers and one was popped out (for the cabin lighting). I pressed it in. No other breakers were popped that I could see. That is why I mentioned the incident here. I have also seen my airspeed indicator get 'stuck' at about 230 mph after a long flight over the channel. There seem to be a few instrument issues at this time.

Sometime, when you set the cockpit light on, same things appears few secs later, the circuit breaker pop out, & needle oil temp will back to zéro !

maybe some "quirks" real things implémented ? i don't know...wait and see for next improvements:smilewink: apologyze for my english...

Just tonight since the latest patch I find that the oil temperature gauge never moves from 0 degrees. The other oil gauges appeared to work properly.

Are you closing the oil cooler door? It has to be just before fully closed to bring the temp up. Mine was fine 5 mins ago.

System spec: i9 9900K, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra motherboard, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 RAM, Corsair M.2 NVMe 1Tb Boot SSD. Seagate 1Tb Hybrid mass storage SSD. ASUS RTX2080TI Dual OC, Thermaltake Flo Riing 360mm water pumper, EVGA 850G3 PSU. HP Reverb, TM Warthog, Crosswind pedals, Buttkicker Gamer 2.

Are you closing the oil cooler door? It has to be just before fully closed to bring the temp up. Mine was fine 5 mins ago.

Eh oil temp is in a weird state (heavily WIP) unless it was updated to a working condition in the most recent update. I don't believe oil shutters did anything previously. The oil temp/pressure wasn't working at all in a realistic manner.

While investigating other issue, I've noticed oil temp stays at zero if game flight mode is enabled. Maybe that's the source of OP's problem.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

• 1 year later...

Happened to me just now. Flying a 1h45min mission, returning home almost night, circuit breaker kept popping off. As a result, no cockpit lights. Also noticed that when I pushed the circuit in, battery would show 0 as well, and few seconds after the circuit would pop out again. 

Kept battery off, gen on, and fortunately was able to land using landing lights normally (cockpit in the dark). 

Don't know if this is a bug or not, but it was interesting to manage the bird all the way back (oh, and landed with something like 20 gallons of fuel or less). 🙂
Checked log, not a single hit on my plane, so it's not battle damage - maybe some mismanagement of my part for keeping battery on after taking off?