Please make cockpit dirt optional...way too clean now

Chimango

18 hours ago, Lixma 06 said:

I also preferred the original 'dusty' glass - it really felt like you were looking through something. It was a fantastic illusion. Hopefully it returns as an option when the devs come back to the '21.

e.g. from 2:35

Also, in Kermit's Lancer video you can see canopy distortion near the framing - I wonder how feasible such an effect is?

Look. Before every flight a windshield was carefully cleaned by technician. And pilot could even smelled it, cause the liquid was Ethanol based - Alcohol. Of course - on lower altitudes it happens the same as on car windshield - insects, but that's not specific for MiG21 - it happens jus as well in F22 or MiG29. I can live with reflections  (reflections - not a painting sticked to the perspex) on windshield, but there is no argument for dirty windshield, except of course some strange fetish of some minority. It's not helping in flight nor it's realistic.

And one more thing: look at the Video. while flying thrugh clouds - in low light conditions there are no reflections. In DCS that's actually otherwise - the biggest reflections you become while flying under 10/10 cloud cover, when there's absolutely no explanation to them. It adds nothing to the game, just annoying.

If you like to have dirty windshild feel free to take a marker and paint some dots on your screen. Don't spoil a game for other 50% of players (roughly saying - one can make a pool among MiG21 users (and I mean MiG21 users not ED forum users)... I'm posting here on berhalf of 100wPLMB and 9PLM-about 20 guys. None of them want to lose nerves by reading about these strange dirt-fetish. Me neather. Currently I fly MiG19 instead of 21, just because of these.  I wish I bought these crapy MiG21. I feel cheated. 

Edited by 303_Kermit
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Lixma 06 said:

I also preferred the original 'dusty' glass - it really felt like you were looking through something. It was a fantastic illusion. Hopefully it returns as an option when the devs come back to the '21.

Also, in Kermit's Lancer video you can see canopy distortion near the framing - I wonder how feasible such an effect is?

Generally canopy have 2 zones. One close to frame is not expected to be as distortion free as  main part of it. But still as planes get older it deteriorates. Then it is replaced with new one. Here in video you have really bad ones shown. I think ppl would start screaming if ED introduced canopy distortion.

Edited by Apok

2 hours ago, 303_Kermit said:

Currently I fly MiG19 instead of 21, just because of these.  I wish I bought these crapy MiG21. I feel cheated. 

I jumped into the 19 to see the canopy effect and it looks fantastic. If the 21 gets a new canopy like this then I will be very happy.

m2.jpg

m1.jpg

32 minutes ago, Apok said:

I think ppl would start screaming if ED introduce canopy distortion.

People will scream regardless....but it would still be a nice addition if not over-done. Good example here....

dis1.jpg

Edited by Lixma 06
  • Like 5

2021/12/12 AM11点45分,Lixma 06说:

totally agree

Inte 12700KF/ 32GB@3600MHz/ RTX2080/ 2T NVMe /Hp Reverb G1 

Dirt effect is way better, at least it gives you the sense of looking through something like IRL, some kind of depth...otherwise it's just empty space between you and the outside. I'm really sorry if a couple of Polish aces are too hurt about it 😄 You don't need clean cockpits to perform well in PvP...oh, cause yes, i know cause i fly the Balalaika PvP too.

• Like 2

666GIAP_Chimanov - My Tomcat tribute video, type on youtube browser=> "DCS F-14 Tomcat Symphony"