Operation Pontus - upcoming dynamic DLC campaign

"Operation Pontus“ is a story driven dynamic campaign consisting of you in the role of an experienced US Navy Squadron leader taking part in operations in the Black Sea.

You will have the opportunity to plan your strategy and assign different tasks to your squadron. The progress of the campaign depends on your actions and performance during each mission. Your actions can affect the Air Superiority status, the Ground Operations progress and the general morale of your squadron. You, as the squadron leader of 131st VFA, have to plan and execute each mission carefully, in order to avoid friendly casualties, collateral damages and finally succeed the campaign.

This campaign is being developed by 373vFS Greg (author of the "Argo" Huey campaign) and petritis and I have a pleasure to be involved in its creation as well.

• Like 2
ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

Argo campaign was awesome, so I have no doubt this will too

Day one purchase here as well!

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

This is awesome news! The interactive element is very interesting... So that's 3 upcoming full campaigns in addtion to Raven One and the F-14B. Are there any more due out soon? (he asks greedily..!)

- i7-7700k

- 32GB DDR4 2400Mhz

- GTX 1080 8GB

- Installed on SSD

- TM Warthog

DCS Modules - A-10C; M-2000C; AV8B; F/A-18C; Ka-50; FC-3; UH-1H; F-5E; Mi-8; F-14; Persian Gulf; NTTR

This is awesome news! The interactive element is very interesting... So that's 3 upcoming full campaigns in addtion to Raven One and the F-14B. Are there any more due out soon? (he asks greedily..!)

Hey, we prepared a few scenarios that consider other aircrafts and if the feedback about F/A18C "Operation Pontus" is positive we will proceed. :smilewink:

"ARGO 2.0 Project Phoenix" UH-1H DLC Campaign - WIP

"ARGO" DCS UH-1H DLC SP Campaign

Hey, we prepared a few scenarios that consider other aircrafts and if the feedback about F/A18C "Operation Pontus" is positive we will proceed. :smilewink:

Very good to hear! I'm quietly hoping the Harrier is one of the other aircraft ;-) Good luck on getting this one finished!

- i7-7700k

- 32GB DDR4 2400Mhz

- GTX 1080 8GB

- Installed on SSD

- TM Warthog

DCS Modules - A-10C; M-2000C; AV8B; F/A-18C; Ka-50; FC-3; UH-1H; F-5E; Mi-8; F-14; Persian Gulf; NTTR

Very good to hear! I'm quietly hoping the Harrier is one of the other aircraft ;-) Good luck on getting this one finished!

At the moment as Baltic Dragon wrote we are performing internal tests.

Harrier is a great module and it will get the love that deserves. :smilewink:

Definitely an interesting proposition! I am curious how you will manage the flexibility of a dynamic campaign and the story aspects. I welcome any high-quality DLC F/A-18C campaign with open arms, I am always happy to support quality work!

AMD R7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3200MHz | RTX 4080S 16GB | Varjo Aero | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk3 + STECS + pedals

I was waiting for a new UH1 campaign from Greg. This is a surprise

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Definitely an interesting proposition! I am curious how you will manage the flexibility of a dynamic campaign and the story aspects. I welcome any high-quality DLC F/A-18C campaign with open arms, I am always happy to support quality work!

How do you want to manage the interactive planing part? DCS does not support such interface.

Or is a simple system which selects different missions files depending on the outcome of the previous mission?

DCS offers the "Mission Planner" interface, in which the player will be doing most of the planning, based on the intel he receives, the status updates and the guideline that will be available.

I believe the campaign, is done in the way in which the player will feel the dynamic aspect and will be able to enjoy this different gameplay style. We hope you will all like it.

More details shall be available soon. :)

:D

373vFS DCS World squadron (Greece) - www.buddyspike.net

Since I'm flying the Huey 40% of the time, and the Hornet the rest, I don't mind if we get 2 of Greg's quality campaigns in the next few months. :)

More details shall be available soon. :)

Great! I look forward to it (patiently, take your time to make quality work, I think DCS needs more polished products and less rushed releases, so no stress from me - it's ready when you guys are sure it's ready ;) ).

AMD R7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3200MHz | RTX 4080S 16GB | Varjo Aero | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk3 + STECS + pedals

• 3 weeks later...

Super excited about this. Please how do you handle persistence between missions like destroyed / achieved goals? DCS do not support anything like that without lua fiddling and clearing some prune in missionScripting.

I know you can use result score to some mission branching but it grows geometrically as you progress deep into missions and became unmanageable.

Edited by ataribaby

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
We will be able to share more info in a few days. :smilewink:

Thanks.

Eager to read.

Black+Knights_Small.jpg

RDF 3rd Fighter Squadron - "Black Knights": "Ar Cavajere Nero nun je devi cacà er cazzo!"

My Blog (Italian): Notti a (Video)Giocare

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CPU: i7-11700K@5GHz|GPU: RTX-4070 Super|RAM: 64GB DDR4@3200MHz|SSD: 2x 970EVO Plus + 980 EVO Plus|HOTAS Warthog|TrackIR 5|

• 2 weeks later...