SEAD Reference Guide

RocketmanAL

Nice work Rocketman!

@Minsky With the SA-6 I wonder if that is a result of kinematic considerations? If an aircraft is flying towards a SAM site the SAM can engage at further ranges than the on paper max range due to the target's closure rate.

As regards the SA-5 I suspect the limiting factor is the range of the search radar.

Edited by AbuMuqawama

• 1 month later...

very nice guide - been a user since your 16AGR version 1!

Wanted to flag SA-3 range is listed as about 4miles more than in the sim. Actual range is about 9nm, though I can totally see the possibility of the missile extending out to 13nm when in pursuit, with all that fuel... Crucially, SA-6 range in the guide is correct, but when comparing those two systems in the sim, the SA-3 has crucially less range. Both can be easily destroyed with JDAMs, but effectively the SA-3 is a bit less scary than in the guide.

attached is an SA-6 launch when SA-3 is still thinking about locking.

Screen_211107_114440.png

:pilotfly: BrotherBloat

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/12/2020 at 5:36 PM, RocketmanAL said:

I put together a SEAD Reference guide for my group and thought others might find it useful.

SEAD Reference Guide V1.2

Includes a basic overview, order of battle, deployment template, and system engagement procedures for the RF equipped air defense units within DCS.

Open to comments or suggestions.

That's fantastic, thanks a lot!! 

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi,

you mention that an 1L13 EWR should be added to a SA-2 site, but it seams to be not compatible (DCS 2.7.10). It should normally be a P-12 Spoon Rest but it is not modelized for now. You could replace it by a P-19 and it works fine, waiting for the P-12...

Another point, you mention the P-19 as an EWR, but it is a Search Radar, not a EWR.

BR

My configuration:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700X 3.6 Ghz RAM: 32 GB DDR4 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1080 WindForce OC 8GB HDD: Samsung SSD M.2 500 GB HUD: ED Tracker HOTAS: Saitek X-55

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, F/A-18C, All maps (up to Persian Gulf)