Bombs: no delayed fusing?

LeCuvier

I'm exercising with bombs vs ship, and I have to dive deep to get close to a hit. Unfortunately the bombs explode on impact and I have once destroyed my plane with the blast. Is there no way to set the bombs to explode with delay, like on the German fighters?

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

I'm exercising with bombs vs ship, and I have to dive deep to get close to a hit. Unfortunately the bombs explode on impact and I have once destroyed my plane with the blast. Is there no way to set the bombs to explode with delay, like on the German fighters?

Delayed fusing is for the weak. Try releasing bombs earlier :)

Delayed fusing is for the weak. Try releasing bombs earlier :)

B******t......using a delayed fuse shows measured thinking and being wise,we're not at home to the Kamikaze here old chap.

I agree LeCuvier,fuseable bombs were used extensively during WW2,so to have the option is not asking for anything that wasn't available thumbup.gif

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with MFG 10cm Extension/WINWING Orion Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition)/TrackiR5/Windows 11 Home

B******t......using a delayed fuse shows measured thinking and being wise,we're not at home to the Kamikaze here old chap.

I agree LeCuvier,fuseable bombs were used extensively during WW2,so to have the option is not asking for anything that wasn't available thumbup.gif

Shows Measure? THIS IS WAR not a cooking class! :joystick::pilotfly: Kamikaze if need be! lol

I wasn't even aware of DCS having that feature at all... back in the day in that other sim, it's been used heavily. But I also remember skip bombing ships without since the bombs lost their effectiveness with a delay there. Doing it right had to be mastered though...

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

There is no delayed fuzing in DCS at all.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Yes,I think we're all aware of that.....but if DCS is going to get serious about it's WW2 content,it needs to implement some options in bomb fusing.

We're not asking to assemble the Hadron Collider here either,just some simple fusing 5 sec,10 sec,25 sec etc......gotta be straight forward surely,and it's historical,so it should be available IMHO.

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with MFG 10cm Extension/WINWING Orion Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition)/TrackiR5/Windows 11 Home

What?!

I think you mean "no delayed fuzing in the DCS P-47".

There are delayed fuzes in DCS more generally. I was flying a FW 190 A8 about 10 minutes ago... and was using delayed fuzes. It worked perfectly fine. Same for the D9 and K4.

If the fuzes are set by the ground crew (which is my understanding of Allied aircraft), then a possible implementation would be to have two types of bombs. E.g.

• AN-64 (instantaneous)
  • AN-64 (delayed)

They are fitted during rearm/refuel and you choose then. Same warhead; different fuze.

I think the German aircraft carry delayed fused bombs... well, at least for me they do..

Yes,apologies on my part for not being clear on what I was replying about,re this thread.I just assumed we were all talking about the allied bob fusing issue,or lack of it,as we are replying to P-47D section.

I appreciate the axis bombs can be delayed,albeit very simple,ie delayed/non delayed.

Edited by Basco1

Where did you get that "information"? All 3 German fighters have the same 4 fusing options:

Wagerecht mV (mit Verzögerung) Horizontal with delay

Wagerecht oV (ohne Verzögerung) Horizontal without delay

Sturz mV Dive with delay

Sturz oV Dive without delay

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

The problem with delayed fusing is that there is certainly no accounting for the effects of delayed fuse bomb penetration. Bombs exploding 5 of 10 feet under the ground should have their blast radius reduced considerably - but that would be so complex to calculate. You would need to classify all the terrain on any map by how deep the soil (if any) is at any location. Same for building structures. I think that DCS does account for penetration delay on hardened targets like bunkers, but that's about it, as far as I know.

They already behave like the bomb is detonating 15' underground now, just instantly. The challenge now is making them behave as if they were detonating on impact and even more challenging will be modelling the behaviour of proximity fuses.

I think that a simple check box in the armoring screen for allied fighters would suffice to tell the ground crew what delay to select.

I'm not interested in bombs that penetrate deeply into anything. I want to survive low-level bomb attacks.

LeCuvier

I'm not interested in bombs that penetrate deeply into anything. I want to survive low-level bomb attacks.

Exactly this.....thumbup.gif

I have recently been reading up on the Mossie,now they definitely used delayed fuses,so when that's released,it won't be authentic unless it's ordnance has the delayed fuse option.

The whole concept of the majority of their low level attacks were done at tree top level,drop a bomb at this height without a delayed fuse,and it's goodnight Vienna.

Edited by Basco1

Where did you get that "information"?

Own disappointing experience with a bunch of different aircraft in DCS, although most of them are jets. I know you can set them to be delayed, but I've never seen this setting to make any difference.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

Own disappointing experience with a bunch of different aircraft in DCS, although most of them are jets. I know you can set them to be delayed, but I've never seen this setting to make any difference.

You can drop the bomb with delayed fusing just before the aircraft hits the ground. Without delay you have no chance to survive. With delay you climb a few feet, initiate a turn, look back and see the explosion and your aircraft is perfectly fine (unless you are hit by groundfire)

There seems to be no difference in "waagrecht" or "sturz".

Fox

Spoiler

PC Specs: Ryzen 9 5900X, 3080ti, 64GB RAM, Oculus Quest 3

You can drop the bomb with delayed fusing just before the aircraft hits the ground. Without delay you have no chance to survive. With delay you climb a few feet, initiate a turn, look back and see the explosion and your aircraft is perfectly fine (unless you are hit by groundfire)

There seems to be no difference in "waagrecht" or "sturz".

Fox

Good to know. I haven't tried it in the german warbirds for some time.

Tornado3 small.jpg